Gay Rights Gestapo Targets Small Christian College: Any Liberals Here Find This Troubling?

Tell you what Andy. Go into your place of work tomorrow and start ranting about faggots and dykes.
See how fast you will be cleaning out your desk.

Why would I do that? Do you think that because I have faith that says I can not be a part of homosexual weddings, that means I care at all what others do?

You are incorrect. And by the way.... if I do lose my job because of my faith... Gladly. I'll find another. But I will not turn away from G-d.

What religion is it that says you can't do business with a gay person?
Who is saying you can't do business with a gay person?

I'm asking you. Where are the scriptural prohibitions on doing business with gays?
Right next to the ones that say government has to feed the poor.
Afraid to answer my question?

The people who are claiming a religious privilege to discriminate against gays are those people. This college for starters.

[

Second, the reason that the University doesn't allow Homosexuals to live together, is that homosexuality is a mental disorder that presents through sexual deviancy.

Cite the University policy and its justification for the policy that supports what you just claimed.

ROFLMNAO!

Happy to do so... "The Laws of Nature; Governing Human Behavior."

Feel better?

Hey how come you RWnuts haven't donated a million dollars to this school? I thought you were going subsidize anyone and everyone who took the anti-gay side in their businesses?

Um. We have, and no.

First, I realize that gay people, would like to think that they are so important that everyone only thinks about them all the time.

Shockingly... this isn't true. There are a few christian groups out there, who have gays as their only priority, like the "god hates fags" Creeple. But most of us, like myself, not so much.

I don't support businesses simply because they happen to be 'against gays'. If some guy somewhere says he's against gays, just because he doesn't like them, and he is attacked for it.... that doesn't show up on my list at all. I may discuss the matter on a forum, but I wouldn't donate my money for that. No.

It's when you persecute a Christian brother or sister, specifically because of them practicing their Christian faith. That's when you get my attention, and I come to the defense of them.

As for Bob Jones, um... yeah, people have donated far more than a million to Bob Jones. My parents Church, their pastor was from Bob Jones, and donations to Bob Jones have been in the Church's budget since the founding. And everyone approved.

[

Second, the reason that the University doesn't allow Homosexuals to live together, is that homosexuality is a mental disorder that presents through sexual deviancy.

Cite the University policy and its justification for the policy that supports what you just claimed.

ROFLMNAO!

Feel better?

Link to the college making that claim.

The people who are claiming a religious privilege to discriminate against gays

False...

People are bearing the responsibility to govern themselves according to the laws of nature, which require that destructive behavior, presenting from mental disorder not be normalized, as a means to preclude such people demonstrating the behavior intrinsic to such, specifically that the product of their disordered mind, which accepts that which is false, as truth, not be used to influence others...

[

ROFLMNAO!

Feel better?

LOL!

You truly are helpless, aren't ya Gilligan?

Let me help ya through this: Any organization, be it a college or otherwise, which does not comport itself to respect the laws of nature, is on a destructive path toward failure.

And that... is without exception.

Does that help, in anyway, at all?

Hey how come you RWnuts haven't donated a million dollars to this school? I thought you were going subsidize anyone and everyone who took the anti-gay side in their businesses?

Um. We have, and no.

First, I realize that gay people, would like to think that they are so important that everyone only thinks about them all the time.

Shockingly... this isn't true. There are a few christian groups out there, who have gays as their only priority, like the "god hates fags" Creeple. But most of us, like myself, not so much.

I don't support businesses simply because they happen to be 'against gays'. If some guy somewhere says he's against gays, just because he doesn't like them, and he is attacked for it.... that doesn't show up on my list at all. I may discuss the matter on a forum, but I wouldn't donate my money for that. No.

It's when you persecute a Christian brother or sister, specifically because of them practicing their Christian faith. That's when you get my attention, and I come to the defense of them.

As for Bob Jones, um... yeah, people have donated far more than a million to Bob Jones. My parents Church, their pastor was from Bob Jones, and donations to Bob Jones have been in the Church's budget since the founding. And everyone approved.

Bob Jones was racist. Are they still?

False...

People are bearing the responsibility to govern themselves according to the laws of nature, which require that destructive behavior, presenting from mental disorder not be normalized, as a means to preclude such people demonstrating the behavior intrinsic to such, specifically that the product of their disordered mind, which accepts that which is false, as truth, not be used to influence others...

The laws of our land are not the laws of nature. Nor should they be.

[

ROFLMNAO!

Feel better?

LOL!

You truly are helpless, aren't ya Gilligan?

Let me help ya through this: Any organization, be it a college or otherwise, which does not comport itself to respect the laws of nature, is on a destructive path toward failure.

And that... is without exception.

Does that help, in anyway, at all?

Jesus was celibate. Conform that into the laws of nature.

Why would I do that? Do you think that because I have faith that says I can not be a part of homosexual weddings, that means I care at all what others do?

You are incorrect. And by the way.... if I do lose my job because of my faith... Gladly. I'll find another. But I will not turn away from G-d.

I'm asking you. Where are the scriptural prohibitions on doing business with gays?

The people who are claiming a religious privilege to discriminate against gays are those people. This college for starters.

I answered this already.

There is no scripture saying we can't do business WITH a gay person. That's not issue, and never was.

The lady at Memorize Pizza, did not say "If a gay person walked in and ordered a pizza, I'd refuse to sell it".

Did not say that.

Nor did the lady at Memorize Pizza say "If a gay person orders two dozens pizza's, we'd refuse".

Did not say that either.

What she said very specifically was, "if a gay couple asked us to provide pizzas for their gay wedding, we would have to refuse".

There is the rub.

The Bible says that Homosexuality is an abomination, and we are not supposed to have anything to do with it.

Does feeding someone at a restaurant, mean we're involved in their relational preference? No. Does supplying for their wedding? Yes. We would be supply needs directly for a wedding. We are prohibited from being involved in a same-sex wedding.

It violates our religious beliefs. So we're not going to do it. That's all there is to it.

False...

Don't care.

i'm troubled that we still have colleges dedicated to an imaginary zombie nailed to a stick.

Beyond that, no, I don't care that much. I don't think religion should be used as an excuse for discrimination. This college lost it's argument when it hired or enrolled people not of their faith for the money.

The only beliefs I think are dangerous are those who kill those who don't belong to their group. Get outraged about something that is actually worth getting pissed off about.

What I see are radicals on the left attacking any and all Christian businesses and schools because they don't agree with them.

False...

Don't care.

You should care because the law of the land is the law you are required to obey.

I'd still like to hear why this is being described as Gestapo tactics.

Or, for lack of such a justification, can we just summarily declare the OP full of shit?

I answered this already.

There is no scripture saying we can't do business WITH a gay person. That's not issue, and never was.

The lady at Memorize Pizza, did not say "If a gay person walked in and ordered a pizza, I'd refuse to sell it".

Did not say that.

Nor did the lady at Memorize Pizza say "If a gay person orders two dozens pizza's, we'd refuse".

Did not say that either.

What she said very specifically was, "if a gay couple asked us to provide pizzas for their gay wedding, we would have to refuse".

There is the rub.

The Bible says that Homosexuality is an abomination, and we are not supposed to have anything to do with it.

Does feeding someone at a restaurant, mean we're involved in their relational preference? No. Does supplying for their wedding? Yes. We would be supply needs directly for a wedding. We are prohibited from being involved in a same-sex wedding.

It violates our religious beliefs. So we're not going to do it. That's all there is to it.

Your religious beliefs have only limited rights. Ask the Mormons.

I answered this already.

Did not say that.

Did not say that either.

There is the rub.

Incorrect, it does not 'violate' your religious beliefs.

Just and proper laws whose intent is regulatory, such as state and local public accommodations laws, may not be ignored or violated with 'religious beliefs' as justification for doing so:

'The Free Exercise Clause permits the State to prohibit sacramental peyote use, and thus to deny unemployment benefits to persons discharged for such use. Pp. 876-890.

Although a State would be "prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]" in violation of the Clause if it sought to ban the performance of (or abstention from) physical acts solely because of their religious motivation, the Clause does not relieve an individual of the obligation to comply with a law that incidentally forbids (or requires) the performance of an act that his religious belief requires (or forbids) if the law is not specifically directed to religious practice and is otherwise constitutional as applied to those who engage in the specified act for nonreligious reasons.'

Employment Division v. Smith LII Legal Information Institute

Hey, Mike, instead of ranting about all the things the could happen, why not just tell us why it would be so horrible for Talking Snake U. to let gay couples live together on campus just like straight married couples...

Gordon's leaders and 99% of its students have different beliefs and standards than you do and they would find such a thing offensive and in violation of their religious convictions. But you have no regard for their feelings and beliefs and you think that a gay couple's desire to shack up on campus should take precedence over them.

What would be so terrible if gay students simply chose one of the thousands of colleges where they would be free to shack up with whomever they wanted?

Why would a gay person want to attend a private evangelical Christian college anyway? I'm still waiting for an answer to that perfectly reasonable, fair question.

And they're not "could happen." Gordon College has been ordered by the regional accreditation board to change its decades-old code of conduct or lose its accreditation in one year. Numerous religious vendors have been coerced or punished for objecting to hosting or servicing gay ceremonies. And in several states, faith-based adoption and foster care organizations have lost and/or been banned from getting state contracts to provide adoption and fostering services because they did not want to place kids in gay homes, especially if the parents specified that they wanted their kids placed in normal homes.

False...

Don't care.

You should care because the law of the land is the law you are required to obey.

You missed it. I do not care.

You have to understand something... I'm a Christian FIRST. Not second, not third, not anything else. I am required to obey G-d, before "the laws of the land".

Now as long as your "laws of the land" do not violate G-d's law.... I'll follow all of your laws.

But the moment your "laws of the land" tell me I have to violate G-d's laws..... your law loses.

You can harass me.... don't care. You can fine me... still don't care. You can attack me.... still don't care. You run me out of business... I'll just open a new business elsewhere. You make me lose my job.... don't care, I'll find another.

You can jail me, imprison me, and ultimately, you'll just have to kill me.

Now do you understand? I'm Christian. I will live as a Christian. And I will die as a Christian. But I will not follow your laws *IF* they violate my faith.

That my friend.... is all there is to it.

I answered this already.

Did not say that.

Did not say that either.

There is the rub.

Just and proper laws whose intent is regulatory, such as state and local public accommodations laws, may not be ignored or violated with 'religious beliefs' as justification for doing so:

'The Free Exercise Clause permits the State to prohibit sacramental peyote use, and thus to deny unemployment benefits to persons discharged for such use. Pp. 876-890.

Although a State would be "prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]" in violation of the Clause if it sought to ban the performance of (or abstention from) physical acts solely because of their religious motivation, the Clause does not relieve an individual of the obligation to comply with a law that incidentally forbids (or requires) the performance of an act that his religious belief requires (or forbids) if the law is not specifically directed to religious practice and is otherwise constitutional as applied to those who engage in the specified act for nonreligious reasons.'

That's all very interesting.

For the record.... I really could not possibly care less about any of that.

Here is what I am *going* to do. I am going to continue to practice my faith as I see the Bible tells me to.

If your laws allow me that.... great. If they try and force me to violate my faith... I will do according to my faith... and I don't care about your laws.

I answered this already.

Did not say that.

Did not say that either.

There is the rub.

Still peddling that dishonest argument, I see. This is a very new, anti-American, and fascist interpretation of "public accommodation" and "anti-discrimination" laws. This is the sort of fascist bullying that leads to civil unrest and even civil wars. Never before in American law or history has anyone dared propose the alien view that one group of people has the right to force others to attend a ceremony that they find offensive or to order private religious colleges to drop their codes of conduct so that people who reject their beliefs can practice a lifestyle on their campuses that the colleges find morally and spiritually offensive.

Are you guys ever going to answer the questions about the logical implications of your perversion of law and logic regarding gay rights and religious liberty? If your logic is valid, then an Orthodox Jewish baker would be guilty of "discrimination" if he refused to host or service a "commitment ceremony" between a 60-year-old man and a 13-year-old girl whose parents had consented to her living sexually with the man.

Forum List

Back