Gay Rights Gestapo Targets Small Christian College: Any Liberals Here Find This Troubling?

Hey how come you RWnuts haven't donated a million dollars to this school? I thought you were going subsidize anyone and everyone who took the anti-gay side in their businesses?

Um. We have, and no.

First, I realize that gay people, would like to think that they are so important that everyone only thinks about them all the time.

Shockingly... this isn't true. There are a few christian groups out there, who have gays as their only priority, like the "god hates fags" Creeple. But most of us, like myself, not so much.

I don't support businesses simply because they happen to be 'against gays'. If some guy somewhere says he's against gays, just because he doesn't like them, and he is attacked for it.... that doesn't show up on my list at all. I may discuss the matter on a forum, but I wouldn't donate my money for that. No.

It's when you persecute a Christian brother or sister, specifically because of them practicing their Christian faith. That's when you get my attention, and I come to the defense of them.

As for Bob Jones, um... yeah, people have donated far more than a million to Bob Jones. My parents Church, their pastor was from Bob Jones, and donations to Bob Jones have been in the Church's budget since the founding. And everyone approved.

Bob Jones was racist. Are they still?

False. Bob Jones was not and is not racist.

You need Bob Jones to be racist, because your purpose is to discredit and isolate. And you feel that being racist is an unenviable charge which will be popular, thus well received by those to whom you are directing the false assertion.

From this we can be sure that you are an individual who is animated by evil. Therefore we can, again, rest in the assurance that you are not a person worthy of the reader's trust.

The people who are claiming a religious privilege to discriminate against gays

False...

People are bearing the responsibility to govern themselves according to the laws of nature, which require that destructive behavior, presenting from mental disorder not be normalized, as a means to preclude such people demonstrating the behavior intrinsic to such, specifically that the product of their disordered mind, which accepts that which is false, as truth, not be used to influence others...

The laws of our land are not the laws of nature. Nor should they be.

Don't care.

You should care because the law of the land is the law you are required to obey.

No American is obligated to obey any law which does not serve justice.

Religious colleges that accept taxpayer money have problems, big problems. They can't have it both ways.

Stupidest statement of the day (and an outright lie).

"False. Bob Jones was not and is not racist."

The Reader should know that the Ladies are wetting their collective pant, because they've finally come to recognize that their political support has been erased over the last three elections and the next election is going to leave them with virtually no political alliances in the US Federal and in nearly all of the respective state governments and precious few local governments, beyond the well established Leftist population centers... wherein, even THERE... they're coming to find that support which they formerly enjoyed in THOSE PLACES is drying up due to their consistent political gluttony.

So... they're desperate, helpless and that's never a good thing, but it really sucks when your crazy.

Who is saying you can't do business with a gay person?

I'm asking you. Where are the scriptural prohibitions on doing business with gays?
Right next to the ones that say government has to feed the poor.
Afraid to answer my question?

The people who are claiming a religious privilege to discriminate against gays are those people. This college for starters.

I answered this already.

There is no scripture saying we can't do business WITH a gay person. That's not issue, and never was.

The lady at Memorize Pizza, did not say "If a gay person walked in and ordered a pizza, I'd refuse to sell it".

Did not say that.

Nor did the lady at Memorize Pizza say "If a gay person orders two dozens pizza's, we'd refuse".

Did not say that either.

What she said very specifically was, "if a gay couple asked us to provide pizzas for their gay wedding, we would have to refuse".

There is the rub.

The Bible says that Homosexuality is an abomination, and we are not supposed to have anything to do with it.

Does feeding someone at a restaurant, mean we're involved in their relational preference? No. Does supplying for their wedding? Yes. We would be supply needs directly for a wedding. We are prohibited from being involved in a same-sex wedding.

It violates our religious beliefs. So we're not going to do it. That's all there is to it.

Your religious beliefs have only limited rights. Ask the Mormons.

Well I'm still going to follow them anyway. Oh well. :)

Let me get this straight. they want to discriminate,, but they w a nt all the federal goodies that go along with NOT discriminating?

Ok, that's funny.

The women are realizing that Keys has no idea what he is talking about other than like a true far right reactionary he is describing them in demeaning terms.

Let me get this straight. they want to discriminate,, but they w a nt all the federal goodies that go along with NOT discriminating?

Ok, that's funny.
Wrong.
They want to be able to live life according to the dictates of their religion. How hard is that to understand?

Ok, that's funny.
Wrong.
They want to be able to live life according to the dictates of their religion. How hard is that to understand?
HEY! Only non-Christian religions are allowed to do that.

Ok, that's funny.
Wrong.
Then don't bake cake. There is no constitutional protection for the profession if the goods and services are held out to the public.

And if someone's true religious convictions as a teacher are that he should not teach conservative Christians at a public high school?

You all best understand that we have a wall between private and public association for a reason.

As is your habit, you've overshot. And when this is over, you and your bestees will be back in the back of the closet, hopin' and yes... prayin' that no one discovers' their pitiful little secret.

We would have been fine with just accepting you as people... but as you have always done, you could not accept your blessings and decided to take it all. And in so doing, you have lost it all. And by that, I mean you have no political support and your judicial decisions are being ignored, thus, you have lost... it all.

But... LOL... you keep pretending that it's 2008... . I'm sure it will all be just fine.

Hey, Keyboy, I've already explained to you why the Christian Bigots have already lost this one.

Apple and Walmart and Angie's List are telling you to knock it the fuck off.

Big Corporations have figured out that homophobia is no longer selling with the masses.

Walmart is bigger than Jesus!

And if you think that Republicans will ignore Walmart in favor of Ma and Pa Fagbasher, you are delusional.

G-d has given us a code of conduct, and anything we do explicitly in His name, must follow his code of conduct. Homosexuality is expressly forbidden.

God also says you need to kill people who work on Sunday, need to kill girls who aren't virgins on their wedding nights. Can sell your daughter into slavery. Need to burn witches. A whole lot of things in God's Code of Conduct we don't do anymore not because "God" changed, but because we did.

Oh! First there's no such thing as "Talking Snake U."

Second, the reason that the University doesn't allow Homosexuals to live together, is that homosexuality is a mental disorder that presents through sexual deviancy. This is a form of delusion, wherein the individual believes that that which is false, is true. Specifically, that the craving for something is a legitimate reason to pursue that something; this without regard to whether that something is viable, healthy or inviable and destructive.

Therefore the University, being about the process of giving systematic instruction toward enlightening the student with regard to what is true and the processes used to determine truth, they'd be doing a disservice to their students to allow them to participate in behavior that dis-informs and misinforms, thus doing the precise opposite of 'the right thing'... ergo: what they're being paid to do.

Then the University shouldn't complain when they revoke it's accrediation, cut off all government funds and other universities have nothing to do with it.

Because clearly it's more important to follow a book that talks about Talking Snakes.

The only beliefs I think are dangerous are those who kill those who don't belong to their group. Get outraged about something that is actually worth getting pissed off about.

What I see are radicals on the left attacking any and all Christian businesses and schools because they don't agree with them.

This is something worth getting pissed off about. The person who refuses to let you sit at the lunch counter in the day is the one putting on a hood and hanging you from a tree at night.

If Christian Businesses and Schools break the anti-discrimination laws, there should be consequences, whether than discrimination is over race, religion or sexual orientation.

Still peddling that dishonest argument, I see. This is a very new, anti-American, and fascist interpretation of "public accommodation" and "anti-discrimination" laws. This is the sort of fascist bullying that leads to civil unrest and even civil wars. Never before in American law or history has anyone dared propose the alien view that one group of people has the right to force others to attend a ceremony that they find offensive or to order private religious colleges to drop their codes of conduct so that people who reject their beliefs can practice a lifestyle on their campuses that the colleges find morally and spiritually offensive.

That's not true. Bob Jones University prohibited Interracial Dating, until government called on them to knock it off. So there IS a precedent for this.

It's also insane to let people ignore the law because of some convoluted interpretation of the BIble that even other Christians don't agree upon.

If you don't want to have any encounters with gays, don't be in businesses they might patronize. Simple enough.

Gordon's leaders and 99% of its students have different beliefs and standards than you do and they would find such a thing offensive and in violation of their religious convictions. But you have no regard for their feelings and beliefs and you think that a gay couple's desire to shack up on campus should take precedence over them.

Yup. Individual rights should trump institutional rights. every time.

Let's say 99% of the students at Gordon were racists. Would it be okay for them to exclude non-whites because that's what their religion told them to do?

What would be so terrible if gay students simply chose one of the thousands of colleges where they would be free to shack up with whomever they wanted?

Why would a gay person want to attend a private evangelical Christian college anyway? I'm still waiting for an answer to that perfectly reasonable, fair question.

Why would those uppity Negroes want to sit at the front of the bus and drink out of the white drinking fountains and sit at the counters for lunch.... Oh, wait.

And they're not "could happen." Gordon College has been ordered by the regional accreditation board to change its decades-old code of conduct or lose its accreditation in one year. Numerous religious vendors have been coerced or punished for objecting to hosting or servicing gay ceremonies. And in several states, faith-based adoption and foster care organizations have lost and/or been banned from getting state contracts to provide adoption and fostering services because they did not want to place kids in gay homes, especially if the parents specified that they wanted their kids placed in normal homes.

You mean they aren't allow to discriminate against gays anymore. This is a positive development.

Ok, that's funny.
Wrong.

No one is stopping them from doing that. But if your "religion" includes discrimination, you just don't get the federal goodies.

Forum List

Back