Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

In retrospect, I am glad that gay marriage was voted down in Maine.

Now kids can be taught that heterosexuals get married, while gays can have unencumbered homosexual sex.

I would Hope that if there is any Teaching of "Homsexuality" in School to Children, that it would Stop...

Unless the Goal is Targeting Children...

Is it?

:)

peace...

Well ... yeah. For many school systems across this country the goal is targeting children in regards to gay and lesbian lifestyles.

Gay people have it so good. They can pretend they are married with no consequences.

Marriage does have consequences why shouldn't gay people share in that.

Now kids can be taught that heterosexuals get married, while gays can have unencumbered homosexual sex.

I would Hope that if there is any Teaching of "Homsexuality" in School to Children, that it would Stop...

Is it?

peace...

Well ... yeah. For many school systems across this country the goal is targeting children in regards to gay and lesbian lifestyles.

bite me, breeder.

really , sad, why are we straight people obessed with gays?
leave them alone:evil:

Why are SOME gays so obessed with being gay?

Did you just actually ask that? Wow.

Uhm yeah, I did. You certainly don't see people being obsessed with being heterosexual.

For the record, I don't give a rat's ass what people do behind closed doors. But I do believe in the institution of marraige between a MAN and a WOMAN.

Is it?

peace...

A comment without facts to back it up. I'm waiting.

Why are SOME gays so obessed with being gay?

Uhm yeah, I did. You certainly don't see people being obsessed with being heterosexual.

Absolutely! all the time...on tv, in movies, on billboards, in board rooms, in bars, on spring break, at dances, on Girls Nite Out, on Boys Nite Out. All. The. Time.

For the record, I don't give a rat's ass what people do behind closed doors. But I do believe in the institution of marraige between a MAN and a WOMAN.
And I believe in the institution of marriage for loving adult couples.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I tell you all , now that the people have spoken, and repealed the work of these activist judges, we now need to introduce Laws that will ban Homosexuality, and make it a crime punishable with up 10 years in prison, as is the case now in Jamaica.

"PROTECTS" in what way? Currently, being gay is not "illegal" and our population is booming, too-much in fact. Our society needs less world Citizens currently, because of the amount of non-renewable and inadequate resources. So again, another faulty premise because slowing the population growth isn't fucking bad at all. No, this is not a call for Eugenics.

why is it important to have the word marriage applied to a gay union.....why can't the term civil union be enough if it gives all the same rights....

gay defines one group staright another...why can't their be different terms for their union....

I agree with this, totally. But Mal is saying marriage is a RIGHT, and by his premise (arguing that it's a RIGHT), I'm arguing they should also be allowed.

I see it as a societal contract, and am fine with civil unions, but I don't call Marriage a "right."

since you agree....marriage is a right granted to straigh couples ... civil union is a right granted to gay couples....

ps mal is yanking your chain....

I tell you all , now that the people have spoken, and repealed the work of these activist judges, we now need to introduce Laws that will ban Homosexuality, and make it a crime punishable with up 10 years in prison, as is the case now in Jamaica.
I believe that will happen someday.

When people get sick of losing their kids to this sick lifestyle and it's deadly diseases.

Your reasoning is not very sound at all. You're essentially arguing from a "just because," or even "altruistic" vantage point. "Honor our design," sort of shit, that's pie in the sky altruism and not logic, and currently has no bearing on determining our laws. We "Naturally" are designed to do a lot of things, but if our laws were based on these then we'd be fukt. Logic isn't on your side here. Marriage as a means to "honor our existence" is fluff, because marriage is not necessary TO EXIST. It's an honoring, which is emotional fluff.

In your Opinion... ;)

But the Fact is that the Coupling of Flesh is why we are even having this Discussion...

And another Fact is that Homosexuals are NOT Denied Marriage...

peace...

are you really this stupid or are you trying to tell me that without marriage, there'd be no procreation?

I think he means that men and women have children, and those children are better off raised by their married parents. Since two people of the same sex literally cannot have children within that union, there isn't a similar impetus to recognize those couples as being as important to society as biological couples.

you are a looney..........

In your Opinion... ;)

But the Fact is that the Coupling of Flesh is why we are even having this Discussion...

And another Fact is that Homosexuals are NOT Denied Marriage...

peace...

are you really this stupid or are you trying to tell me that without marriage, there'd be no procreation?

I think he means that men and women have children, and those children are better off raised by their married parents. Since two people of the same sex literally cannot have children within that union, there isn't a similar impetus to recognize those couples as being as important to society as biological couples.

oh, okay.

it's still stupid, but it almost makes sense.

Is it?

peace...

Tell you what ... how about you get a list together of all the conservative and liberal teachers and professors in our schools and universities across this country, and then we'll talk.

Tell you what ... how about you get a list together of all the conservative and liberal teachers and professors in our schools and universities across this country, and then we'll talk.

so you've got nothing.

:thup:

Absolutely! all the time...on tv, in movies, on billboards, in board rooms, in bars, on spring break, at dances, on Girls Nite Out, on Boys Nite Out. All. The. Time.

And I believe in the institution of marriage for loving adult couples.

So, when was the last time you heard of a Heterosexual Pride parade.

I ask this in all seriousness, as a married, heterosexual man:

Why would any other straight person give a rat's ass whether gay people get married or not? I mean - I've been married for almost nine years, and if some other group of women and men is so eager to join THIS club, I say, "more power to 'em". Not that I'm not happy being married, but really, is having it all legal and official making YOUR life some kind of heaven on Earth? (to Jessica Alba's husband, you ba$tard, don't answer that).

It's no skin off my nose if two lesbians get married - it's not like they were ever potential dates for me anyway (even if I wasn't already married). Really - are there people so insecure in their own sexuality that they're "terrified" of the idea that two dudes might tie the knot?

Geesh... let 'em all get married, so they too can experience the amazing joy of married life </sarcasm>. Why is this even an issue, unless some religious nut-cases are going off about the bible again (in which case - aren't you meant to be out chasing Darwin or something?)

Last point - I keep hearing about this "sacred" institution. In a country with a 45% divorce rate... um, yah.. I can see just how "sacred" it is, this holy covenant of state-sanctioned, IRS-approved living arrangements. *rolls eyes*

• Thanks
Reactions: del
By GLENN ADAMS and DAVID CRARY, Associated Press Writers Glenn Adams And David Crary, Associated Press Writers – 19 mins ago

PORTLAND, Maine – Maine voters repealed a state law Tuesday that would have allowed same-sex couples to wed, dealing the gay rights movement a heartbreaking defeat in New England, the corner of the country most supportive of gay marriage.

Gay marriage has now lost in every single state — 31 in all — in which it has been put to a popular vote. Gay-rights activists had hoped to buck that trend in Maine — known for its moderate, independent-minded electorate — and mounted an energetic, well-financed campaign.

Maine voters reject gay-marriage law - Yahoo! News

Link provided to comply with USMB copyright policy. You know better ...

~A15

It's good to see there's folks out there with some common sense.

I guess you can't call Maine and California "degenerate anti-culture libs" after November 4, 2008, and November 3, 2009.

Savor it fundies. Because hopefully, the tastiness won't last.

I ask this in all seriousness, as a married, heterosexual man:

Why would any other straight person give a rat's ass whether gay people get married or not? I mean - I've been married for almost nine years, and if some other group of women and men is so eager to join THIS club, I say, "more power to 'em". Not that I'm not happy being married, but really, is having it all legal and official making YOUR life some kind of heaven on Earth? (to Jessica Alba's husband, you ba$tard, don't answer that).

It's no skin off my nose if two lesbians get married - it's not like they were ever potential dates for me anyway (even if I wasn't already married). Really - are there people so insecure in their own sexuality that they're "terrified" of the idea that two dudes might tie the knot?

Geesh... let 'em all get married, so they too can experience the amazing joy of married life </sarcasm>. Why is this even an issue, unless some religious nut-cases are going off about the bible again (in which case - aren't you meant to be out chasing Darwin or something?)

Last point - I keep hearing about this "sacred" institution. In a country with a 45% divorce rate... um, yah.. I can see just how "sacred" it is, this holy covenant of state-sanctioned, IRS-approved living arrangements. *rolls eyes*

I see this question a lot. The answer is very simple. When a young impressionable child sees two grown men hugging and kissing each other walking down the street, with wedding bands on their fingers, or two grown women, it can be very confusing for them
,and can affect their normal mental development, with regard to human adult relationships. And no parent wants to have to explain Homosexuality to their child, in this day and age. Does this answer your question.?

Forum List

Back