Gay, Jewish woman claims church blocked her from helping Hurricane Harvey victims

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians.

I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

Harvey volunteer claims church fired her for being Jewish, gay

A Friendswood, Texas, woman claims a local church asked her to stop volunteering with Hurricane Harvey victims after learning that she's a Jewish lesbian, according to Channel 2 News.

Carmen Hix told the news station she was hurt by their request, adding that she had nothing but good intentions.

She said that she couldn't sit idly by after Hurricane Harvey hit her native Texas. She took time off from her part time job to focus solely on volunteer efforts.

I took a leave of absence - I work part time - and decided just to do 10 days straight of volunteering," she told Channel 2.

Hix said she started getting questions from the man supervising the chruch's food bank when he noticed she'd been saying "shalom" at the end of prayer each day.

And she is a war vet!!

I was asked about that by the supervisor of the food bank, 'Why do you say shalom?' I said because I'm Jewish," the Vietnam war veteran recalled.

Who wants to defend this stupidity and bigotry?? Who!!??j

It sometimes happens, as I once was not allowed to place an activism volunteerism ad in a regular publication, but Christian family run trade paper, because my org is Jewish.
Same thing happened online with links to activism volunteer resources, activism outside their faith upstages or something, I still haven't figured out the logic.
It's affiliation pride taken to a whole other level.

Is a Christian publication obligated to promote Judaism?
It was a REGULAR local trade paper just Christian family owned who interesting enough liked posting verses as filler, yet would not accept ads with Verses that were damaging to the faith's claims- commentary or narrative. (Selective use of the Bible)

So there was nothing about Judaism in your ad?
Nope, nada. HE had to research the org to find that out.

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians.

I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

And she is a war vet!!

It sometimes happens, as I once was not allowed to place an activism volunteerism ad in a regular publication, but Christian family run trade paper, because my org is Jewish.
Same thing happened online with links to activism volunteer resources, activism outside their faith upstages or something, I still haven't figured out the logic.

It was a REGULAR local trade paper just Christian family owned who interesting enough liked posting verses as filler, yet would not accept ads with Verses that were damaging to the faith's claims- commentary or narrative. (Selective use of the Bible)

So he rejected it because he doesn't like Jews. It sounds like that "Christian" has some warped ideas and values.

That is as stupid as stupid gets. I made it clear that I am not anti Christian. And whites? Just what is f•••ing wrong with you ?!!

It seems to me that you've made it very clear that you are seriously bigoted and hateful toward Christians. You say you're not anti-Christian, yet every time you mention Christianity, it is to bring up some bulls••• story like this to attack Christianity.

So he rejected it because he doesn't like Jews. It sounds like that "Christian" has some warped ideas and values.
Or just as the Catholic church despises the many Guilds like Shriners and Masons for doing charity, they don't like being upstaged in that dept., and there could be many
selfish or proud reasons for that which I'll never understand.
Because when I give items to a Catholic mission who has the proper distribution to the needy, I don't worry that they'll get all the credit for my charity, and I don't stamp the item with Stars of David. *L*

Or just as the Catholic church despises the many Guilds like Shriners and Masons for doing charity, they don't like being upstaged in that dept., and there could be many
Because when I give items to a Catholic mission who has the proper distribution to the needy, I don't worry that they'll get all the credit for my charity, and I don't stamp the item with Stars of David. *L*

You mean those old Orgs that had "no Catholics" rules. What's a "Shriner"?

Just looked that up: a US Masonic Hospital thingy. Seems the Masons were anti-Catholic from a long time ago.

What does the Church say about Freemasonry? | Catholic Answers

Were those people Catholics or Prods? I'd say, if you are telling/or know all the reasons then those people were bloody stupid. BTW: my brother's Father in Law is a Lodge leader thingy in the UK and a more decent chap you couldn't find. Still is a tad anti-Catholic though but also a "live and let live" type.

Greg

I take it you dislike the Catholic church.

The political history of and false devotions that darken history yes, but
no I'm not one of those who dislikes the abused for the founding system that abuses them, in fact many priests have taken my council and opinions on many subjects including abortion. I get along fine with the humbleness you find in Priests.
I am just bringing up similarities in human behavior that is known to see resemblances and get understanding.

The political history of and false devotions that darken history yes, but
no I'm not one of those who dislikes the abused for the founding system that abuses them, in fact many priests have taken my council and opinions on many subjects including abortion. I get along fine with the humbleness you find in Priests.
I am just bringing up similarities in human behavior that is known to see resemblances and get understanding.

I was raised Catholic and I guess I still am a Catholic although I don't necessarily agree with them on everything.

The Catholic Church certainly has their issues but I also know that the church has also done immense good for a lot of suffering people. There are people that seem to have some sort of obsessed, deep hatred for the Catholic Church just like some have such a hatred for Jews, etc. I'm always curious as to what is the root of their hatred. Usually it's just flat out ignorance.

Here is a little something for all of you who attacked me for taking the word of Hix over the pastor:

On September 9, Calvary Houston posted its own version of the events: “Recently, a resident of the community volunteered to serve with us and we wholeheartedly accepted her assistance. Honestly, the need is great in this area. We are so thankful for the many who have volunteered.

“Unfortunately, we’re saddened by an incident involving some miscommunication that took place off campus in an exchange between various community volunteers at the church’s food pantry. I met with the individual who was upset and apologized for the misunderstanding. (I apologize once again if you are reading this.) I invited her and her partner to sit with my wife and I in church this Sunday.”

Nice enough, except that Hix issued the following response—it was in all-caps, we reduced it to normal case out of sheer compassion for the reader: “He invited my partner and I to come to his church and the spirit of the lord would show me the evil of my ways…”

There was more, but you get the point.

So he is a bigot after all .......by his own admission

A Friendswood, Texas, woman claims a local church asked her to stop volunteering with Hurricane Harvey victims after learning that she's a Jewish lesbian, according to Channel 2 News.

Carmen Hix told the news station she was hurt by their request, adding that she had nothing but good intentions.

She said that she couldn't sit idly by after Hurricane Harvey hit her native Texas. She took time off from her part time job to focus solely on volunteer efforts.

I took a leave of absence - I work part time - and decided just to do 10 days straight of volunteering," she told Channel 2.

Hix said she started getting questions from the man supervising the chruch's food bank when he noticed she'd been saying "shalom" at the end of prayer each day.

And she is a war vet!!

I was asked about that by the supervisor of the food bank, 'Why do you say shalom?' I said because I'm Jewish," the Vietnam war veteran recalled.

The church pastor says it didn't happen and that they wouldn't do such a thing. To be fair, you should have included his denial in your OP.

He wasn't looking to be fair though. He had a certain agenda and so anyone shouting "Im a victim of Christians" wouldn't be treated skeptically. She is a plug in for the narrative already written.

Because all Jews are honest victims.

Just a red herring intended to derail the topic. Please explain how this in any way mitigates the travesty that. I presented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be a legit case, it could also be a bunch of BS.

It seems we only have the women's clams thus far.

You're flailing your arms full retard hysterical, when it's too early to tell.

hey-rabbi.jpg

Because all Jews are honest victims.

Just a red herring intended to derail the topic. Please explain how this in any way mitigates the travesty that. I presented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be a legit case, it could also be a bunch of BS.

It seems we only have the women's clams thus far.

You're flailing your arms full retard hysterical, when it's too early to tell.

View attachment 150274

I take it you don't like Jews either.

Here is a little something for all of you who attacked me for taking the word of Hix over the pastor:

On September 9, Calvary Houston posted its own version of the events: “Recently, a resident of the community volunteered to serve with us and we wholeheartedly accepted her assistance. Honestly, the need is great in this area. We are so thankful for the many who have volunteered.

“Unfortunately, we’re saddened by an incident involving some miscommunication that took place off campus in an exchange between various community volunteers at the church’s food pantry. I met with the individual who was upset and apologized for the misunderstanding. (I apologize once again if you are reading this.) I invited her and her partner to sit with my wife and I in church this Sunday.”

Nice enough, except that Hix issued the following response—it was in all-caps, we reduced it to normal case out of sheer compassion for the reader: “He invited my partner and I to come to his church and the spirit of the lord would show me the evil of my ways…”

You took her word for it immediately and condemned the pastor when, in fact, you didn't know shit from shinola. Later you condemned others for taking the pastor's word for it. You're a hypocrite and not too bright.

Again, you have no proof he said that, just he word that is what he said. You have two people telling a different versions and no proof but you know that.

You are just trolling, unless you are a lot dumber than what I thought you were.

It sometimes happens, as I once was not allowed to place an activism volunteerism ad in a "regular" publication, but Christian family run trade paper, because my org is Jewish.

Your experience is different. This woman's hatred of Christ (Jewishness) and her lesbianism has little relevancy to volunteering with the church in time of an emergency. Your ad promoted a Jewish organization, which is relevant to a Christian paper.

But, still the lesbian Jew lied...

Forum List

Back