Gay, Jewish woman claims church blocked her from helping Hurricane Harvey victims

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians.

I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

Harvey volunteer claims church fired her for being Jewish, gay

A Friendswood, Texas, woman claims a local church asked her to stop volunteering with Hurricane Harvey victims after learning that she's a Jewish lesbian, according to Channel 2 News.

Carmen Hix told the news station she was hurt by their request, adding that she had nothing but good intentions.

She said that she couldn't sit idly by after Hurricane Harvey hit her native Texas. She took time off from her part time job to focus solely on volunteer efforts.

I took a leave of absence - I work part time - and decided just to do 10 days straight of volunteering," she told Channel 2.

Hix said she started getting questions from the man supervising the chruch's food bank when he noticed she'd been saying "shalom" at the end of prayer each day.

And she is a war vet!!

I was asked about that by the supervisor of the food bank, 'Why do you say shalom?' I said because I'm Jewish," the Vietnam war veteran recalled.

Who wants to defend this stupidity and bigotry?? Who!!??j

Last edited:
This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians. I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

A Friendswood, Texas, woman claims a local church asked her to stop volunteering with Hurricane Harvey victims after learning that she's a Jewish lesbian, according to Channel 2 News.

Carmen Hix told the news station she was hurt by their request, adding that she had nothing but good intentions.

She said that she couldn't sit idly by after Hurricane Harvey hit her native Texas. She took time off from her part time job to focus solely on volunteer efforts.

I took a leave of absence - I work part time - and decided just to do 10 days straight of volunteering," she told Channel 2.

Hix said she started getting questions from the man supervising the chruch's food bank when he noticed she'd been saying "shalom" at the end of prayer each day.

And she is a war vet!!

I was asked about that by the supervisor of the food bank, 'Why do you say shalom?' I said because I'm Jewish," the Vietnam war veteran recalled.

Who wants to defend this stupidity and bigotry?? Who!!??

How dare he judge her, how dare he turn away helping hands. This kind, decent woman offered the esssence of Christ's teachings. I am just sad, and yes, of the Christian faith; God judges, not human beings.

This is bullshit. Stop posting this kind of garbage. No church is going to turn away a volunteer because she's Jewish. You need to get better lies.

Because all Jews are honest victims.

Just a red herring intended to derail the topic. Please explain how this in any way mitigates the travesty that. I presented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be a legit case, it could also be a bunch of BS.

It seems we only have the women's clams thus far.

You're flailing your arms full retard hysterical, when it's too early to tell.

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians.

I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

And she is a war vet!!

The church pastor says it didn't happen and that they wouldn't do such a thing. To be fair, you should have included his denial in your OP.

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians. I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

And she is a war vet!!

How dare he judge her, how dare he turn away helping hands. This kind, decent woman offered the esssence of Christ's teachings. I am just sad, and yes, of the Christian faith; God judges, not human beings.

If it happened, I agree. The church pastor denies it happened. Someone is lying.

And she is a war vet!!

The church pastor says it didn't happen and that they wouldn't do such a thing. To be fair, you should have included his denial in your OP.

Perhaps But why would she make up such a story. ? The accused will always
deny the accusation

Last edited:

And she is a war vet!!

So you nor she have proof this even happened, yet you already decided it was true?

So you have no "case in point", you are spreading gossip. Now, if the church really had told her that, the church is definitely wrong, however there is no proof and you have her claiming a "supervisor told her."

Seems that your not being fair to the church, it seems you let your bigotry and hate guide you.

And she is a war vet!!

Why was her only option to help, through this church that doesn't like her? What stopped her from helping on her own like thousands of other people did?

And she is a war vet!!

So you nor she have proof this even happened, yet you already decided it was true?

So you have no "case in point", you are spreading gossip. Now, if the church really had told her that, the church is definitely wrong, however there is no proof and you have her claiming a "supervisor told her."

Seems that your not being fair to the church, it seems you let your bigotry and hate guide you.
"So you have no "case in point", you are spreading gossip. "

First-person testimony is not, "gossip". You may accuse her of lying, but it's not gossip.

And she is a war vet!!

Perhaps But why would she make up such a story. ?

So people like you would unquestionably believe her, ignore the pastors denial, and spread the gossip over the Internet?

I live outside Houston and do not work through any Church because I am like her with the Shalom and lifestyle...

It is better to do it yourself if just a little and leave Christians alone...

And she is a war vet!!

"So you have no "case in point", you are spreading gossip. "

First-person testimony is not, "gossip". You may accuse her of lying, but it's not gossip.

Progressive Patriot is not the "first-person". Progressive Patriot is spreading gossip.

I hope the school instantly expelled that Antichrist lying Jew for faking a hate-crime, repeatedly. If a Christian had done it, he'd be instantly expelled, and arrested for hate crimes.

Remember in the news when Jewish centers getting bomb threats? It turned out to be an Israeli Jew doing it. But, the libtard media had already used the calls to bash Christians and paint Antichrist bigots, Jews, as victims.

The OP is about an Antichrist Jew who complains that a Church rejected her offer to help them help others. Churches generally accept the presence of anyone who walks through the door. I'm betting she did something to provoke the church to ask her to leave. And, now she's telling the media about the mean Christians. I smell another lying Jew.

I hope the school instantly expelled that Antichrist lying Jew for faking a hate-crime, repeatedly. If a Christian had done it, he'd be instantly expelled, and arrested for hate crimes.

Remember in the news when Jewish centers getting bomb threats? It turned out to be an Israeli Jew doing it. But, the libtard media had already used the calls to bash Christians and paint Antichrist bigots, Jews, as victims.

The OP is about an Antichrist Jew who complains that a Church rejected her offer to help them help others. Churches generally accept the presence of anyone who walks through the door. I'm betting she did something to provoke the church to ask her to leave. And, now she's telling the media about the mean Christians. I smell another lying Jew.

^^

*slowly backs away from the crazy person

We don't know what the truth of this story is. We don't know who is lying or who is telling the truth. We may never know.

Forum List

Back