Gas Prices Extend Painful Record: July 4 Marks 1,290 Days Above $3...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I know the disingenuous Obamabots are now all-in on boasting about record Wall Street Fatcat profits, but this is what really hurts average Americans. Soaring Food & Gas Prices are really puttin a hurt on people.

This Independence Day weekend, drivers won't see any relief from high gas prices. Although prices retreated by a fraction of a cent at the beginning of the week, AAA predicts holiday travelers will pay the most at the pump since 2008.

In its monthly gas price report released June 30, AAA said, "With Independence Day only a few days away, today's national average price of gas is $3.68 per gallon. This average is considerably more expensive than recent years for the holiday. The national average on July 4 in previous years was: $3.48 (2013); $3.34 (2012); $3.57 (2011); $2.74 (2010); $2.62 (2009); and $4.10 (2008)." The motorist organization expected prices to remain high throughout the month of July, ranging from $3.60-$3.70 per gallon.

"Prices could climb higher if there are new developments in Iraq or a major hurricane," AAA warns.

Reasons for the higher prices include "market fear about Iraq," which it said kept prices from declining in June. However, AAA still forecast that 41 million Americans would travel over the holiday weekend, most of them (34.9 million) by road.

The still high gas prices would extend the record number of days the national average for gasoline has remained above $3-a-gallon. Unless prices drop nearly 70 cents a gallon, July 4th will be the 1,290th day above that mark. USA Today reported in September 2013 that, for the first time ever, gas prices had been higher than $3 a gallon for 1,000 consecutive days - beginning Dec. 23, 2010, through Sept. 17, 2013. That streak of three-and-a-half years has not been broken...

More:
Gas Prices Extend Painful Record: July 4 Marks 1,290 Days above $3-a-Gallon | CNS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

The president really has no control over droughts, floods, diseases and the futures market on Oil prices..

The president really has no control over droughts, floods, diseases and the futures market on Oil prices..

Hasn't stopped you disingenuous Obamabots from bestowing honor & glory on him because Wall Street Fatcats are making money hand over fist. I mean, since when have you Communists/Progressives been Wall Street Cheerleaders? I thought massive Wall Street profits were bad? What i'm saying is, these are things that really hurt average Americans.

Look what you're getting for that expensive gasoline... more gasoline. And natural gas.
You think this shit is cheap to look for, produce, and get to market?
People are working in the oil and gas industries. They are saving this economy's ass.

Nat gas in 1/3 the price it was 5 years ago. That alone has put billions back into the pockets of individuals and industry alike.

Quit yer bitchin'. :slap:

employ.png

Last edited:
In its monthly gas price report released June 30, AAA said, "With Independence Day only a few days away, today's national average price of gas is $3.68 per gallon. This average is considerably more expensive than recent years for the holiday. The national average on July 4 in previous years was: $3.48 (2013); $3.34 (2012); $3.57 (2011); $2.74 (2010); $2.62 (2009); and $4.10 (2008)."

$3.68 is "considerably more expensive" than $4.10?

Hasn't stopped you disingenuous Obamabots from bestowing honor & glory on him because Wall Street Fatcats are making money hand over fist. I mean, since when have you Communists/Progressives been Wall Street Cheerleaders? I thought massive Wall Street profits were bad? What i'm saying is, these are things that really hurt average Americans.

and that inane comment has to do with the price of oil on global markets how?

go back to sleep, we'll have someone come wake you if you're needed

It's going to get worse unfortunately. With Saudi Arabia sending troops to the Iraqi border, the chances of a conflict in that region increase and that will effect gas price. This is precisely why we should be doing what we can to achieve energy independence.

You forgot the left talking points during Bush's term.
Bush's environmental policies caused katrina.
Bush is forcing gas prices up, so he and Cheney can get rich.
Wild fires are the cause of Bush's policies.
Liberals have short memories.

except for liberal dems and clueless obama the KEYSTONE PIPELINE WOULD BE BRINGING MILLIONS OF BARRELS OF OIL PER DAY TO THE USA. BUT!!!

< Hands Paulitician a leftist rule card >

1)Deny any and all things
2)Blame Bush
3)If it makes the President look good, claim it
4)If it makes the President look bad claim he has no control over it
5)Lie
6)lie some more...

Soaring food and gas prices.....can't wait for the Skyrocketing electricity.....gee thanks Dimwits....:eusa_hand:

Electricity rate increases have to be approved by the local PUC, unless Republicans pass deregulation, then all bets are off.

I just love you KOOK warming nutters who are solely responsible for sky rocketing energy prices..

Electricity rates will necessarily sky rocket. messiah Obama Leftist kook extraordaire

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the disingenuous Obamabots are now all-in on boasting about record Wall Street Fatcat profits, but this is what really hurts average Americans. Soaring Food & Gas Prices are really puttin a hurt on people.

This Independence Day weekend, drivers won't see any relief from high gas prices. Although prices retreated by a fraction of a cent at the beginning of the week, AAA predicts holiday travelers will pay the most at the pump since 2008.

In its monthly gas price report released June 30, AAA said, "With Independence Day only a few days away, today's national average price of gas is $3.68 per gallon. This average is considerably more expensive than recent years for the holiday. The national average on July 4 in previous years was: $3.48 (2013); $3.34 (2012); $3.57 (2011); $2.74 (2010); $2.62 (2009); and $4.10 (2008)." The motorist organization expected prices to remain high throughout the month of July, ranging from $3.60-$3.70 per gallon.

"Prices could climb higher if there are new developments in Iraq or a major hurricane," AAA warns.

Reasons for the higher prices include "market fear about Iraq," which it said kept prices from declining in June. However, AAA still forecast that 41 million Americans would travel over the holiday weekend, most of them (34.9 million) by road.

The still high gas prices would extend the record number of days the national average for gasoline has remained above $3-a-gallon. Unless prices drop nearly 70 cents a gallon, July 4th will be the 1,290th day above that mark. USA Today reported in September 2013 that, for the first time ever, gas prices had been higher than $3 a gallon for 1,000 consecutive days - beginning Dec. 23, 2010, through Sept. 17, 2013. That streak of three-and-a-half years has not been broken...

More:
Gas Prices Extend Painful Record: July 4 Marks 1,290 Days above $3-a-Gallon | CNS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Yea, we should be hoping that the bottom drops out of the economy again so we can get back to $2 per gallon gasoline like in 2009. :cuckoo: You know what's worse? Milk has been over $2 per gallon for like forever. When is it going back down to $1.50?

Last edited:

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Yea, we should be hoping that the bottom drops out of the economy again so we can get back to $2 per gallon gasoline like in 2009. :cuckoo:

One has ZERO to do with the other.. it's called supply and demand NUTTER.. Educate yourself you fucking dope.

Forum List

Back