Gas prices expected to go up even further thanks to Biden

yep, Biden is so powerful that his policies are driving up the price of gas all around the world.
Well, in short yes to some of that....But, I care what happens here....Why wouldn't we produce more of our own energy instead of funding Putin's war machine....Or are you for that?

.Why wouldn't we produce more of our own energy instead of funding Putin's war machine....Or are you for that?

We are producing more of our own energy, US oil production is up 16% since Feb of 2021. At the current rate of growth for US oil production we will be above the high of the Trump years by Nov of this year

High energy prices are the goal of libs in the biden white house

Its amazing the TDS crowd have their paradigm.

Trump is to blame for everything.

Before 2015, it was Rush Limbaugh and Fox News that were the boogeyman for leftists.
Ever notice that when a democrat is elected president, he's not responsible for anything? Every single problem is always blamed on the Republican before him, no matter how long he's in office.

We are producing more of our own energy, US oil production is up 16% since Feb of 2021. At the current rate of growth for US oil production we will be above the high of the Trump years by Nov of this year

We are producing more of our own oil and gas energy because of the higher prices than they were a year ago, IN SPITE OF Biden's energy policies. The point isn't that production is up, it should've been up a lot more than it was and would have been if Biden wasn't doing what he could to reduce production. Do we need to go into the various things he's done towards that end? Such as:

- Canceling the Keystone XL pipeline
- Restricting drilling in parts of the Arctic Ocean, Bering Sea, and federal lands
- Placing a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal land
- Rescinding energy production leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Stringent new regulations on methane emissions from oil and gas production
- Classifying residual water from oil and gas drilling as toxic waste

I don't think there's any doubt whatsoever that the democrats are beholden to the big-monied enviros that fund their party. For years they have conducted a war on fossil fuels in the US, and they have tried to make it as difficult and expensive as possible even though it is the people on the low end of the income scale that are hurt the most by rising gas prices.

We are producing more of our own oil and gas energy because of the higher prices than they were a year ago, IN SPITE OF Biden's energy policies. The point isn't that production is up, it should've been up a lot more than it was and would have been if Biden wasn't doing what he could to reduce production. Do we need to go into the various things he's done towards that end? Such as:

while I do agree that production is up IN SPITE OF Biden's energy policies, I do not agree it would be up any faster under Trump. The 3 years prior to COVID US averaged about 15% growth per year for oil production. That is about where we have been since Feb 2021.

Oil companies like higher prices, they have no real reason to increase production too quickly. Record setting profits is a good incentive to not increase production too quickly.

- Placing a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal land
- Rescinding energy production leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

That has not really worked out well...

New Data: Biden’s First Year Drilling Permitting Stomps Trump’s By 34%

Oil companies like higher prices, they have no real reason to increase production too quickly. Record setting profits is a good incentive to not increase production too quickly.

Dude! Heresy! When the price goes up, everybody tries to ramp up production to maximize profits, and in so doing the supply increases and the price begins to drop as supply and demand kinda even out. Are you suggesting that all the big oil companies collude to keep production lower and thereby artificially keep the price of oil as high as possible? I think not, or at least there is no evidence of such; what I think really happens is that the oil companies know that sooner or latter the price will come down when supply and demand kinda even out, and their concerns becomes a storage issue. If we pump too much oil/gas too fast we could find ourselves with too much product and no place to put it. It costs money to store unsold oil y'know. They ain't deliberately trying to keep the price of gas high, although it seems that way.

Dude! Heresy! When the price goes up, everybody tries to ramp up production to maximize profits, and in so doing the supply increases and the price begins to drop as supply and demand kinda even out. Are you suggesting that all the big oil companies collude to keep production lower and thereby artificially keep the price of oil as high as possible?

I am saying the purpose of an oil company is to make the most amount of profit, just like any other company.

I think not, or at least there is no evidence of such; what I think really happens is that the oil companies know that sooner or latter the price will come down when supply and demand kinda even out, and their concerns becomes a storage issue. If we pump too much oil/gas too fast we could find ourselves with too much product and no place to put it. It costs money to store unsold oil y'know.

I am sure that is part of their decision making process, but come on, profits are king!

I am saying the purpose of an oil company is to make the most amount of profit, just like any other company.

I am sure that is part of their decision making process, but come on, profits are king!
And there is nothing wrong with that...I mean they aren't in business to loose money....

But, let's think of it, if Biden had kept our energy independence, instead of knee jerking to the climate cultists, we could have put real pressure on Putin by taking over and sending Europe energy...Instead, it's like Biden wanted to fund this aggression, and have an excuse to get in bed with our enemy nations with hat in hand...Poor planning, and certainly a national security blunder.

And there is nothing wrong with that...I mean they aren't in business to loose money....

I agree.

But, let's think of it, if Biden had kept our energy independence, instead of knee jerking to the climate cultists, we could have put real pressure on Putin by taking over and sending Europe energy...Instead, it's like Biden wanted to fund this aggression, and have an excuse to get in bed with our enemy nations with hat in hand...Poor planning, and certainly a national security blunder.

Well, first off energy independence is a myth. But if it were true and we lost it, it was due to the rise in demand, not lack of production. 16% increase in US oil production since Feb 2021 and 12% increase in NG in 2021.

I agree.

Well, first off energy independence is a myth. But if it were true and we lost it, it was due to the rise in demand, not lack of production. 16% increase in US oil production since Feb 2021 and 12% increase in NG in 2021.
We disagree completely....Are you for buying oil from Iran and Venezuela?

We disagree completely....Are you for buying oil from Iran and Venezuela?

I am buying gas from whomever shell or whatever gas station I buy it from bought it from, just like you are

Forum List

Back