Gallup Poll: Fear Of Big Government At Near-Record Level...

The ‘Patriot’ Act is big government, as is warrantless wiretaps, arrest and detention without probable cause, and unauthorized surveillance of private citizens.

The current Defense Authorization Act is big government and the Alabama immigration law is big government.

My thoughts exactly. Banning gay marriage, limiting voter rights, and taking away collective bargaining are all big gov't.

BTW, on my last point, thanks to the OP and that nice graph for bringing light to the fact that - despite what conservatives would have you believe - Americans don't fear the union boogiemen.

Dead last, baby. Barely on the charts, even. :D

Allowing government employees to unionize is not a reduction in government. It's an increase in government. Anyone who claims otherwise is simply a douche.

I love the way libturds redefine every term so that it matches their agenda.

I love the way kooky cons put words in my mouth. All I said was that, considering unions barely rank on the OP's chart, they're not the boogiemen that conservatives make them out to be.

But since you brought it up, how exactly is allowing employees to unionize a growth in gov't? You might be able to make that argument if you're talking about public employee unions. I don't agree, but you could make that argument. But you certainly couldn't make that argument in regards to private employee unions. Where exactly on the chart does it specify public employee unions over private employee unions? Answer: it doesn't.

What were you saying about redefining terms?

Gallup Poll: Fear Of Big Government At Near-Record Level...

And the republicans are in such dissarray that they cannot even take advantage of it.
And a few of them are the long term products of big government.

In your opinion, which of the following will be the biggest threat to the country in the future -- big business, big labor, or big government?

And that’s the problem: a poorly worded question.

What constitutes ‘big government’?

The ‘Patriot’ Act is big government, as is warrantless wiretaps, arrest and detention without probable cause, and unauthorized surveillance of private citizens.

The current Defense Authorization Act is big government and the Alabama immigration law is big government.

In this context, then, the people are justified to be concerned.

Not sure what you mean. Why is that a problem?

Forum List

Back