Gallup Poll: 52% of Republicans Want Third Party

More than half of Republicans – 52 percent – say there should be a third political party, a new Gallup Poll says. The poll, released Monday, also found that 33 percent of Democrats want a third party. Gallup said it’s the first time its polls have found a significantly larger number of Republicans than Democrats favoring a third party.

That would guarantee an Obama re-election.

And being you love wars, tax credits, Bush tax cuts, torture, homeland security, stimulus, bail-outs for rich and pretty much any other Bush Policy now that a Dem does it you 100% support a third party if it keeps Bushbama killing civilians and children in other countries.

You could have the "Conservatives for Corporations" and the "Teabirthers". Perfect. I agree.

Wait didn't Obama get more corporate donations in 2008 than any other person running President in history... even McCain???? Aren’t Big Corps making record profits (during a recession no less lol) than at any other time in history, under Obama!?

Reps might be for corporations and just all round evil but Dems are for Wars, torture, Big Evil Corporations, bailing out the rich and whatever else Bush did only expanded upon.

Good call Rtard! Now get back to hating white people, Old people and anyone that does not like you for being a total bigoted racist =D

Contrary to what some believe the TP is not a 3rd party.

Fiscal conservative republicans and anti-war democrats have been completely disenfranchised by their parties. Their strategy though has been to vote for the less smelly of 2 shit piles, I think it's time for a new strategy.

More than half of Republicans – 52 percent – say there should be a third political party, a new Gallup Poll says. The poll, released Monday, also found that 33 percent of Democrats want a third party. Gallup said it’s the first time its polls have found a significantly larger number of Republicans than Democrats favoring a third party.

I hate to break it to people, but we've had more than 2 parties for a looooooong time. The issue you run into is that those 52% of Repubs and the 33% of Dems can't agree on what kind of party they would want to form. There is already a whole variety to pick from and no one seems to be running to them.

All the above posts are reasons why its both a good idea but also impossible to become a reality. Because the Dems and the Reps have made it their business to demonize the other side, the average saps in each (read the actual voters/individuals) have fallen for that as such will NEVER want align themselves with "the other side." Therefore things will remain the same.

Why do you think there is such stock put into the partisan divide, HateWing Radio, FAUXNoise, etc. These are all the things that keep things EXACTLY. THE. SAME.

If we can learn to play together, we may have a chance, but as the radical posters on this very board shows...its not possible. Folk are brainwashed.

Oh yeah...the current Tea Party is a joke...a far cry from what it started out as, or was during Bush II's regime.

So I guess all the partisan hackery demonizing you just did puts you in the "fair and balanced" column? :eusa_whistle:

Obama's re-election hinges on two points.

1. How bad he fucks up the economy (or lets others do it on his watch)

2. How bad a choice the GOP leadership makes in their presidential candidate.

If the GOP picks a bad candidate, (Huckabee, Romney, McCain types) the Tea Party will abandon them in droves. This benefits Obama massively. That being said, if we are looking at the predicted 10 dollar loaf of bread and 8 dollar a gallon gas with retirement funds going up in flames and inflation surpassing that of the 1970's... The third party candidate could win in those circumstances, or the split will not happen because even a Huckabee, Romney or McCain... hell even TRUMP would be better and they'll hold their nose for this election and pull the lever.

On the other hand, you can guarantee this would be the end of the GOP as we know it as big money will start leaving the GOP and finding a 3rd party. People are too polarized right now to just casually forget so soon. That stuff pretty much ended in 2010.

Could Obama screw up the economy worse that what Republicans have done?

Have you been living on an island for the last couple of years?

we have a third party , their called libertarians ,
and one day they'll stop running nutjobs as candidates

All third parties run nut jobs and the corporate media is there to make sure you believe that.

Obama's re-election hinges on two points.

1. How bad he fucks up the economy (or lets others do it on his watch)

2. How bad a choice the GOP leadership makes in their presidential candidate.

If the GOP picks a bad candidate, (Huckabee, Romney, McCain types) the Tea Party will abandon them in droves. This benefits Obama massively. That being said, if we are looking at the predicted 10 dollar loaf of bread and 8 dollar a gallon gas with retirement funds going up in flames and inflation surpassing that of the 1970's... The third party candidate could win in those circumstances, or the split will not happen because even a Huckabee, Romney or McCain... hell even TRUMP would be better and they'll hold their nose for this election and pull the lever.

On the other hand, you can guarantee this would be the end of the GOP as we know it as big money will start leaving the GOP and finding a 3rd party. People are too polarized right now to just casually forget so soon. That stuff pretty much ended in 2010.

Could Obama screw up the economy worse that what Republicans have done?

Have you been living on an island for the last couple of years?
Yes, and he couldn't get Tom Hanks to shut up. But now he's happier lost at sea.

norm-4712d671bc208-Cast+Away+%282000%29.jpeg

This is a good point, the last person they ran was Bob Barr who's a status quo republican nutjob.

The type of loony who thinks the Drug War is a good idea and voted for the Iraq War. Pure lunacy.

I at one that a 3rd party would be good ,and it might be,but term limits and a balanced budget amendment,would be so much better,there is nothing really wrong with the electoral collage,fact states like NY and Cal. could use a similar set up for elections at the state and fed. level and be better of for it.

I at one that a 3rd party would be good ,and it might be,but term limits and a balanced budget amendment,would be so much better,there is nothing really wrong with the electoral collage,fact states like NY and Cal. could use a similar set up for elections at the state and fed. level and be better of for it.
better still than a balanced budget amendment: Line item veto.

liberal freakout in 3...2...1...

The far left is allot more confident than reality and his record would show
I am a conservative that also feels like neither party agrees with me, in fact I could be classified closer to a libertarian
Bottom line is Obama has little in common with the southern democrat
I think he has lost Florida all ready

I am a conservative that also feels like neither party agrees with me, in fact I could be classified closer to a libertarian
He keeps going on the path he's going, they're actually going to have to have primaries which make it doubtful he'd win even those.

He keeps going on the path he's going, they're actually going to have to have primaries which make it doubtful he'd win even those.

To be honest there is as much of a chance in dividing the Dems as anything. Obama is so far left.
People point to killing OBL as a "gutsy" call, hell he had 0 choice

You could have the "Conservatives for Corporations" and the "Teabirthers". Perfect. I agree.

Wait didn't Obama get more corporate donations in 2008 than any other person running President in history... even McCain???? Aren’t Big Corps making record profits (during a recession no less lol) than at any other time in history, under Obama!?

Reps might be for corporations and just all round evil but Dems are for Wars, torture, Big Evil Corporations, bailing out the rich and whatever else Bush did only expanded upon.

Good call Rtard! Now get back to hating white people, Old people and anyone that does not like you for being a total bigoted racist =D

Wait didn't Obama get more corporate donations in 2008 than any other person running President in history... even McCain????

Yes and no. If the people working at Dow Chemicals put together bake sales and personal donations and then bundled the money for Obama and then sent it to Obama as coming from Dow Chemical and that amount was more than what the CEO of Dow sent to McCain, would you consider that "unfair"?

Obama got almost no money from the companies and almost none from Political Action Committees that were put together my corporations. The opposite of John McCain.

Nearly all of Obama's money came form personal donations. Of course, all those people who work got the money from the corporations as part of a paycheck, so in a way, Obama did get his money from corporations.

Only Republicans cut out the middle man. Their money came directly from corporations.

Considering that Republicans are doing everything they can to end taxes from corporations, does it really have to be explained who those corporations are giving to?

I swear, you would have to be a 'tard"............

Wait didn't Obama get more corporate donations in 2008 than any other person running President in history... even McCain????

Then by this logic, isn't the Citizens United ruling an aggregate GOOD thing for leftists? Ohhhh... hmmmmm... oops?

Good job hairnet.

Yes and no. If the people working at Dow Chemicals put together bake sales and personal donations and then bundled the money for Obama and then sent it to Obama as coming from Dow Chemical and that amount was more than what the CEO of Dow sent to McCain, would you consider that "unfair"?

Obama got almost no money from the companies and almost none from Political Action Committees that were put together my corporations. The opposite of John McCain.

Nearly all of Obama's money came form personal donations. Of course, all those people who work got the money from the corporations as part of a paycheck, so in a way, Obama did get his money from corporations.

Only Republicans cut out the middle man. Their money came directly from corporations.

Considering that Republicans are doing everything they can to end taxes from corporations, does it really have to be explained who those corporations are giving to?

I swear, you would have to be a 'tard"............

Yes Obama is the most bought off and bribed-taking politician in US history, that's why his policies are so pointed in the direction of favoring those corporations who have bought him off.

Forum List

Back