Zone1 FYI: Warning Against Eating Poppy Seeds.

Warning for the military but concerns everybody who may need a defense tactic in court.
They better not pout!

From your link:​
While acknowledging that “concerns with poppy seeds and drug testing are not new,” Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness​
Gilbert Cisneros revealed that “recent data” had shown the seeds had “higher codeine contamination than previously reported.” Poppy seeds​
come from the opium poppy, the same plant species used to manufacture narcotic painkillers such as morphine and codeine, and are often​
contaminated with small amounts of opium extract when harvested.​
Consumption of poppy seed products could cause a codeine positive urinalysis result and undermine the Department’s ability to identify illicit drug use,”​
Cisneros wrote in the memo.​
It's funny how today's worries are resolved as time goes by. Someday, someone will come up with a way to "sober up" with another substance that wipes out exotic drugs from the human body, by dietary or other means. This will be great if it saves lives of people who overdosed and need to get rid of the substance that will kill them due to scientists finding another substance that locks onto the valence property that connects the drug to the cell, and renders it useless waste and sends it out of the body either by gastrointestinal or epithelial exiting, or merely turns it into a harmless molecule that has no effect which causes it to be sent out of the cell as unnecessary to the cell's function. We're possibly halfway there already, because health scientists would be getting international recognition for eliminating several problems surrounding addiction. They could go the route of creating a lockon molecule that hastens the process as well.

If a cutting-edge scientist puts an addict back in the decision-making population, such that he or she could possibly have their cake and eat it too, in pill form that enhances the "I'm in charge of myself" attitude in the brain. First they have to figure out what that is, and second they could tack on other sensations to make them hate their addiction so much they will escape their dependency. I bless those who understand the connection between DNA, the brain and its ultimate decisions that make the man or woman satisfied with their lives as they are that would assist the bowing out of the addiction scenario with peace of mind and a bit of joy for the freedom to make one's own decisions for the benefit of all concerned. That would change the world of permanent or lethal addictions and put sufferers into the winner category without the offending habit that causes vehicular homicides, suicides, disability, cognitive errors, and feelings such as inadequacy, despair, and claustrophobia. Scientists may be on the verge of this kind of problem solving as I post this reply.​

I hope the military participates in this by rerouting those who become hopelessly addicted to substances due to their tasks and agony over losing a fellow traveler in their friendship or buddies circle.

There's a cure out there for every human problem. We just haven't discovered it yet. Religion helps when its ideas influence the "ask and ye shall receive" belief that they can rule over their weaknesses and come out stronger.

I have a garden to plant, and I love the sight and beauty of Iceland Poppies, so .... With love for all, beautress

images
images
images
1677245290913.jpeg
images

Last edited:
They better not pout!

From your link:​
While acknowledging that “concerns with poppy seeds and drug testing are not new,” Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness​
Gilbert Cisneros revealed that “recent data” had shown the seeds had “higher codeine contamination than previously reported.” Poppy seeds​
come from the opium poppy, the same plant species used to manufacture narcotic painkillers such as morphine and codeine, and are often​
contaminated with small amounts of opium extract when harvested.​
Consumption of poppy seed products could cause a codeine positive urinalysis result and undermine the Department’s ability to identify illicit drug use,”​
Cisneros wrote in the memo.​
It's funny how today's worries are resolved as time goes by. Someday, someone will come up with a way to "sober up" with another substance that wipes out exotic drugs from the human body, by dietary or other means. This will be great if it saves lives of people who overdosed and need to get rid of the substance that will kill them due to scientists finding another substance that locks onto the valence property that connects the drug to the cell, and renders it useless waste and sends it out of the body either by gastrointestinal or epithelial exiting, or merely turns it into a harmless molecule that has no effect which causes it to be sent out of the cell as unnecessary to the cell's function. We're possibly halfway there already, because health scientists would be getting international recognition for eliminating several problems surrounding addiction. They could go the route of creating a lockon molecule that hastens the process as well.

If a cutting-edge scientist puts an addict back in the decision-making population, such that he or she could possibly have their cake and eat it too, in pill form that enhances the "I'm in charge of myself" attitude in the brain. First they have to figure out what that is, and second they could tack on other sensations to make them hate their addiction so much they will escape their dependency. I bless those who understand the connection between DNA, the brain and its ultimate decisions that make the man or woman satisfied with their lives as they are that would assist the bowing out of the addiction scenario with peace of mind and a bit of joy for the freedom to make one's own decisions for the benefit of all concerned. That would change the world of permanent or lethal addictions and put sufferers into the winner category without the offending habit that causes vehicular homicides, suicides, disability, cognitive errors, and feelings such as inadequacy, despair, and claustrophobia. Scientists may be on the verge of this kind of problem solving as I post this reply.​

I hope the military participates in this by rerouting those who become hopelessly addicted to substances due to their tasks and agony over losing a fellow traveler in their friendship or buddies circle.

There's a cure out there for every human problem. We just haven't discovered it yet. Religion helps when its ideas influence the "ask and ye shall receive" belief that they can rule over their weaknesses and come out stronger.

I have a garden to plant, and I love the sight and beauty of Iceland Poppies, so .... With love for all, beautress

I wasn't thinking of the military but thank you anyway for telling me your thoughts. And yes, religion's one positive note is that it serves as a crutch for people in need of it.

Forum List

Back