Zone1 Can this site's software be updated to a better "ignore" function?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I think the quality of posting would significantly improve with a better system, perhaps one that works like Facebook's.

If someone is a jerk one can put them on "ignore" but they retain the ability to read one's posts and respond to them. However, if one had the ability to "block" another using the Facebook method, they would be out cold, so to speak. Knowing that, I think a lot of miserable trolls would change their posting style and this community would be better for it.

Fair point, but I nevertheless believe the quality of posting would improve if posters knew they could be blocked by other posters for posting garbage.

Garbage = asking if stars are really the same size as figs because the biBULL says they are...

I think the quality of posting would significantly improve with a better system, perhaps one that works like Facebook's.

If someone is a jerk one can put them on "ignore" but they retain the ability to read one's posts and respond to them. However, if one had the ability to "block" another using the Facebook method, they would be out cold, so to speak. Knowing that, I think a lot of miserable trolls would change their posting style and this community would be better for it.
says more about you than it does about others,,
and its not good,,

GET OVER IT!!

dracula-vampire.gif

This ain't FB or Twitter circa 2019. You folks who would stifle free speech need to go someplace else. Since you like FB policies so much, why don't you go there. Why do you feel the need to censor what other posters can see just because you don't care for the post. Ignore it and quit trying to censor other's free speech.

Fair point, but I nevertheless believe the quality of posting would improve if posters knew they could be blocked by other posters for posting garbage.
OK, how's this. I think your post is garbage, so I just cancel you out so you are unable to communicate your opinion. Do you believe that is fair? Not so attractive when it affects your free speech, is it? It works both ways, but neither is conducive to the free exchange of ideas.

• Banned
This ain't FB or Twitter circa 2019. You folks who would stifle free speech need to go someplace else. Since you like FB policies so much, why don't you go there. Why do you feel the need to censor what other posters can see just because you don't care for the post. Ignore it and quit trying to censor other's free speech.
I hate to break it to you but this forum has a plethora of posting rules and standards. Why do you engage in this community since you are turned off by requiring a certain level of quality and decorum?

All I know is I'm tired of my (and other folk's) threads being combined with Basqubromance threads.

You will be following a thread and boom! it is gone only to find out it's been combined with one of his multitude of threads.

Half of the membership has him on ignore because he starts so many threads so a person's threads should stand if who they duped is on their ignore list.

OK, how's this. I think your post is garbage, so I just cancel you out so you are unable to communicate your opinion. Do you believe that is fair? Not so attractive when it affects your free speech, is it? It works both ways, but neither is conducive to the free exchange of ideas.
Is it fair to put someone on "ignore"?

I hate to break it to you but this forum has a plethora of posting rules and standards. Why do you engage in this community since you are turned off by requiring a certain level of quality and decorum?
As I said before, if you don't like this site, there's the door, don't let it hit you where the good Lord split you. BTW, who made you the quality and decorum monitor? This site's attraction is the simple fact that, by and large, they don't censor speech. Are you in a communist country that limits your speech?

Is your idea an attempt of encouraging civility?

You are really a whiny ass kid.

As I said before, if you don't like this site, there's the door...
Yea, I know. I took an 18-month sabbatical from this community due to, in part, the inordinate level of terrible posters.

By the way, you dodged my questions. You lack the integrity to engage honestly so, goodbye and good luck.

Yea, I know. I took an 18-month sabbatical from this community due to, in part, the inordinate level of terrible posters.

By the way, you dodged my questions. You lack the integrity to engage honestly so, goodbye and good luck.

This is what he does every time he doesn't get his way,

Forum List

Back