Furious GOP donors stew over Trump

katsung47

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2011

At an exclusive Park City retreat, some of the Republican Party's top financiers lashed out at their nominee.

By Alex Isenstadt
06/11/16

PARK CITY, Utah — Donald Trump is trying to win over a skeptical Republican donor class, but they’ve closed their wallets — and they’re angry.

On Friday afternoon, at an exclusive Republican donor retreat here hosted by Mitt Romney, frustration boiled over. During an off-the-record question-and-answer session with House Speaker Paul Ryan, Meg Whitman, the billionaire Hewlett Packard chief executive officer, confronted the speaker over his endorsement of Trump. Whitman, a major GOP giver who ran for California governor in 2010, compared Trump to historical demagogues like Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini and wanted to know how the speaker could get behind him.

Media said he got majority support from voters. But the donation speaks other way. Are American people cheated by media? Poll is easy to be rigged, donation money is not.

Why don't the donors want to give him money? It's simple, he's not for sale. The American people should appreciate that and realize he's the ONLY candidate who will work for THEM, and not the special interests.

At an exclusive Park City retreat, some of the Republican Party's top financiers lashed out at their nominee.

By Alex Isenstadt
06/11/16

PARK CITY, Utah — Donald Trump is trying to win over a skeptical Republican donor class, but they’ve closed their wallets — and they’re angry.

On Friday afternoon, at an exclusive Republican donor retreat here hosted by Mitt Romney, frustration boiled over. During an off-the-record question-and-answer session with House Speaker Paul Ryan, Meg Whitman, the billionaire Hewlett Packard chief executive officer, confronted the speaker over his endorsement of Trump. Whitman, a major GOP giver who ran for California governor in 2010, compared Trump to historical demagogues like Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini and wanted to know how the speaker could get behind him.

Media said he got majority support from voters. But the donation speaks other way. Are American people cheated by media? Poll is easy to be rigged, donation money is not.

This is good news.

Even the GOP bigwhigs know that he is bad news for them in every way.

I am really gonna enjoy Hillary's landslide in November.

By Alex Isenstadt
06/11/16

lol ... Hope they all have strokes over it all. the entire collection of porksters routinely sell out their Party and the country at any opportunity for personal gain, so who cares what they get 'furious' over? We know they aren't patriots or even productive citizens of any kind. so what?

Why don't the donors want to give him money? It's simple, he's not for sale. The American people should appreciate that and realize he's the ONLY candidate who will work for THEM, and not the special interests.

You're drinking HEAVILY spiked kool-aid if you think Trump is working for anyone but himself.

Were is The Donald Governor just in this times or he haven't no GOP role?!

Trump said "It's a done deal" that he's forgiven the loans he gave his campaign, meaning donors don't have to worry they're just donating to him instead of the campaign.

Trouble is, it's not true. The FEC has no record of such a filing. Trump could still do such a thing, but he hasn't done it yet, despite saying that he did.

After Saying He Forgave Loans to Campaign, Trump Won't Release Proof

??? I'm sorry. I don't what precisely be the point you aim to make. Can you please explain?

This country is ruled by the Feds. They rule the country by controlled intelligence and media. They select politicians through rigged election and justify the election result through the fake poll done by media. What Trump gets is from a controlled media because he is a candidate of the Feds.

Trump's poll ratings in a historic hole
With most voters viewing him as 'strongly unfavorable,' his image is harder to repair than Hillary's.
By Steven Shepard
06/17/16

Trump is setting modern records for political toxicity — at least for a major-party candidate this far out from an election. Seventy percent of Americans surveyed in an ABC News/Washington Post poll out this week had an unfavorable opinion of Trump, up 10 points over the past month. The poll showed Trump’s favorable rating cratering at 29 percent, down from 37 percent last month.
The numbers were similar in a Bloomberg Politics poll: Trump’s favorable rating is just 31 percent, with 66 percent viewing him unfavorably. That’s only marginally better than in March, when 29 percent viewed Trump favorably, and 68 percent had an unfavorable opinion.
Gallup’s latest figures show Trump at 31 percent favorable/63 percent unfavorable – significantly worse than Clinton’s 41 percent favorable/54 percent unfavorable.

Read more: Trump's poll ratings in a historic hole
Follow us: Politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

By Alex Isenstadt
06/11/16

I seldom agree with Mitt because if you do then you never know if he is going to change his position on a dime and deny he ever went the other way.

However I do agree with him on one thing -- Trump should not be the GOP candidate in November.

And anyone who wastes their money on Trump is simply wasting it.

Better to save the money for 2020 or else to support Senate and House candidates now instead.

If the GOP loses the Senate in November this could be disastrous.

If the GOP loses the Senate AND House this could be worse than disastrous -- it could be monumental.

So the GOP money should be spent on GOP Senate and House races and not wasted on Trump.

On that I agree with Mitt. The only thing.

I do agree with Mitt's Romney-Care but then he denied he had anything to do with it so it is rather hard to agree with him on it after he has denied it.

As for Mitt's Massachusetts assault weapons ban which he signed, the states have the complete right to regulate assault weapons according to recent Federal SCOTUS action letting such local statutes stand. But then again Mitt denies that he ever supported assault weapons bans.

But regarding Trump, I agree with Mitt.

It would probably surprise you more that Christie was my first choice overall, Kasich my 2nd, and Jeb my 3rd.

Hillary is my 4th.

Hillary is now the overall leader in 1st place.

You'll see that about 52 to 54% of the Nation agrees with this in November.

It would probably surprise you more that Christie was my first choice overall, Kasich my 2nd, and Jeb my 3rd.

Hillary is my 4th.

Hillary is now the overall leader in 1st place.

You'll see that about 52 to 54% of the Nation agrees with this in November.
We'll see.

912. In U.S. terror power overrules the money (7/11/2016)

U.S. is a money dominated country. The principle is broken in this campaign. It was found by a Trump supporter.

Is Money no longer king of the Presidential election? Look at this, Hillary has spent 60 million dollars in ad buys so far against Trump. Trump has spent ZERO!! Yet latest polls show a statistical TIE between them! This is the same thing that happened to Jeb Bush, against Trump! Money versus message. Looks like message is winning! What is your take?
GO TRUMP!!

Is Money no longer king of the Presidential election? - Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums

What message has Trump brought to us? Nothing constructive but a lot of abuse.

This "Money is king" rule will be broken in this president election. Because the Feds want to have their own candidate- Donald Trump to get that seat. So whatever happens - short of campaign money, it doesn't matter. You see what happens -Clinton has to buy ads with money, Trump gets it free. Because the media is controlled by the Feds.

This country is ruled by the Feds. They rule the country by controlled intelligence and media. They select politicians through rigged election and justify the election result through the fake poll done by media.

I am none to happy about Bernie jumping into bed with Hillary after mine having donated to him especially in light of all the hack stories of Debbie Wasserman Schwartz and company basically rigging everything for Hillary, even arranging for Bernie to be attacked for his religion or lack thereof.

By Alex Isenstadt
06/11/16

Wow, I guess if you are going to try and take a chunk of money out of politics, you can go with McCain-Feingold, or just support Trump. According to your link, one seems to be a lot more effective than the other even without stupid legislation.

912. In U.S. terror power overrules the money (7/11/2016)

U.S. is a money dominated country. The principle is broken in this campaign. It was found by a Trump supporter.

Is Money no longer king of the Presidential election? Look at this, Hillary has spent 60 million dollars in ad buys so far against Trump. Trump has spent ZERO!! Yet latest polls show a statistical TIE between them! This is the same thing that happened to Jeb Bush, against Trump! Money versus message. Looks like message is winning! What is your take?
GO TRUMP!!

Is Money no longer king of the Presidential election? - Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums

What message has Trump brought to us? Nothing constructive but a lot of abuse.

This "Money is king" rule will be broken in this president election. Because the Feds want to have their own candidate- Donald Trump to get that seat. So whatever happens - short of campaign money, it doesn't matter. You see what happens -Clinton has to buy ads with money, Trump gets it free. Because the media is controlled by the Feds.

This country is ruled by the Feds. They rule the country by controlled intelligence and media. They select politicians through rigged election and justify the election result through the fake poll done by media.

Poor mrs. clinton has to buy ads with money. Who's money? Not hers, but her donors. That's how the the clintons became filthy rich in a few short years. mrs. clinton would push deals through that benefited certain wealthy people who would then hire bill to give speeches for hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is all in Clinton Cash, available on u tube. And I haven't heard about either of the clintons filing law suits against peter schweitzer yet. Watch it and weep

The consequence of an amateur politician running for president.

We've had nothing but professional politicians running for and being prez and what have we gotten? 20 trillion in debt, all war all the time, and a nation being taken over by third wold immigrants with few skills, many needs, and many of them hating our way of life and wanting to change it. Time for someone with common sense and not beholden to the donor class to be our president.

The consequence of an amateur politician running for president.

We've had nothing but professional politicians running for and being prez and what have we gotten? 20 trillion in debt, all war all the time, and a nation being taken over by third wold immigrants with few skills, many needs, and many of them hating our way of life and wanting to change it. Time for someone with common sense and not beholden to the donor class to be our president.

You're delusional if you think that's Trump.

Forum List

Back