Funny stuff from Today's Tea Party on Capitol Hill

"Armed workers"; is that like a teabagger? Did they hold signs in support of liberty, too?

History event of the day:

On this day in 1861 Jefferson Davis was elected to a six year term as president of the Confederate States, leading an insurrection costing the lives of over 550,000 thousand Americans.

Mine was related to the lefties being Neo-Comms.

Is yours that the righties are bigots and racists?

Did you miss this one:
"Democrat funded Democrat conducted study finds racism is not a factor in opposition to Obama "
Democrat funded Democrat conducted study finds no racism - Topic Powered by Eve For Enterprise

Every day we see how prescient Ronoldus Maximus was:
"“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.”

Now why would you conclude I consider righties "bigots and racists"? Of course the evidence to suggest such a conclusion is manifest, expecially on message boards - here and elsewhere. However, I generally take people as they are, some on the right are racist and bigoted; some on the left are ignorant. And some people - left and right - are self righteous sob's.
And then there are those who classify people with too broad a brush, which is why I've tried to refine my opinion - bias if you like - of conservatives. You see conservative come in many sizes and shapes and even colors, those I evaluate as individuals. But the conservaitve chic stands alone - willfully ignorant, bigoted, racist, anti intellectual and jingoistic. Disgusting as they are, they do provide some funny comments.

Remember this quote by Bill Clinton:

"It's government vs. the people. The last time I checked, the Constitution said, 'of the people, by the people and for the people.' That's what the Declaration of Independence says."

The phrase is from niether. It is from the Gettysburg address, and part was used in the writing of the American's Creed.

WHAAAT??? Clinton made a mistake???? I thought democrats were PERFECT!!!

Depends on what your definition of "perfect" is. :lol::lol::lol:

YouTube - Rep. Todd Akin Says Pledge Of Allegiance

At least this Liberal knows the Pledge Todd.

Boehner mixes up Constitution and Declaration - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

He even held up his pocket copy of the Constitution, pledging to "stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble: 'We hold these truths to be self evident ..."

Oops.

That would be the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence that he's reading.

At least this Liberal knows the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Only 4,000 showed today, some tried to say over a million. Fucking hacks.

Oh, and there was Astroturf too. Maybe some of the people there can make up for it by holding up more signs of the Holocaust and Dachau. :eusa_eh:

LOL. Boehner didn't claim that quote was from the Constitution you fucking idiots. He said it was from the Preamble. He properly quoted it.

"stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble: 'We hold these truths to be self evident ..."
Um....
1) The Preamble is the BEGINNING of the Constitution.

2) "We hold these truths to be self evident..." isn't in the Preamble either.
:lol::lol::lol:

"Fucking Idiots" indeed.

Right, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights have Preamble's, NOT the Declaration.

He even held up his pocket copy of the Constitution, pledging to "stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble: 'We hold these truths to be self evident ..."

Oops.

That would be the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence that he's reading.

At least this Liberal knows the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Oh, and there was Astroturf too. Maybe some of the people there can make up for it by holding up more signs of the Holocaust and Dachau. :eusa_eh:

LOL. Boehner didn't claim that quote was from the Constitution you fucking idiots. He said it was from the Preamble. He properly quoted it.

"stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble: 'We hold these truths to be self evident ..."

UNBELIEVABLE. This comment goes beyond willfully ignorance; if Boehner and The Hawk represent the knowledge base of today's Republicans (or the right wing - seems they are now one and the same) anyone who passed high school civics ought to be ashamed, and condemn the spread of ignorance by such dimwits.

Right, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights have Preamble's, NOT the Declaration.

Exactly...tho, when someone breaks down the Dec of Ind into its parts, "We hold these truths to be self-evident" would be in the introductory paragraph.

"Armed workers"; is that like a teabagger? Did they hold signs in support of liberty, too?

History event of the day:

On this day in 1861 Jefferson Davis was elected to a six year term as president of the Confederate States, leading an insurrection costing the lives of over 550,000 thousand Americans.

Mine was related to the lefties being Neo-Comms.

Is yours that the righties are bigots and racists?

Did you miss this one:
"Democrat funded Democrat conducted study finds racism is not a factor in opposition to Obama "
Democrat funded Democrat conducted study finds no racism - Topic Powered by Eve For Enterprise

Every day we see how prescient Ronoldus Maximus was:
"“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.”

Now why would you conclude I consider righties "bigots and racists"? Of course the evidence to suggest such a conclusion is manifest, expecially on message boards - here and elsewhere. However, I generally take people as they are, some on the right are racist and bigoted; some on the left are ignorant. And some people - left and right - are self righteous sob's.
And then there are those who classify people with too broad a brush, which is why I've tried to refine my opinion - bias if you like - of conservatives. You see conservative come in many sizes and shapes and even colors, those I evaluate as individuals. But the conservaitve chic stands alone - willfully ignorant, bigoted, racist, anti intellectual and jingoistic. Disgusting as they are, they do provide some funny comments.

Still amazes me how disingenuous the left is- and you in particular.

In what manner have you noted, read, disagreed with, ignored, or invalidated the poll done by well-known Democrat liberals such as Carville and Greenburg?

Like any ignorant ranter, you maintain your patter in the face of factual information to the contrary, and so have been self-dentified as less than a worthy opposite, and no more than an time-waster and banausic Amanuensis of left-wing talking points.

Be gone.

The wingnuts have the right to assembly, petition, and protest. And if they lead an armed revolution, they will be captured and executed.

Wow. You can actually taste the fear from the left in this thread. They have been reduced to pointing out silly mistakes so that they don't have to actually deal with the substance of what such an event portends for their alleged mandate.

Exactly...tho, when someone breaks down the Dec of Ind into its parts, "We hold these truths to be self-evident" would be in the introductory paragraph.

"When in the course of human events" is the prefatory sentence.

A Preamble is similar to an enacting clause: "Be it enacted by the people of the state of Ohio/Texas", whatever.

Last edited:
Wow. You can actually taste the fear from the left in this thread. They have been reduced to pointing out silly mistakes so that they don't have to actually deal with the substance of what such an event portends for their alleged mandate.

"Silly mistakes"? "Such an event"? Shirley you jest is a silly remark, or a typo, a spelling error, or maybe a quote from some movie. But Boehners 'mistake', be it a result of ignorance, intent or carelessness is not silly. To those who support the 'teabaggers' it should be embarrassing; to those who believe 'teabaggers' represent the idiot fringe of American politics, it's simply another sign of the incompetence of the right and the weakness of their leadership.

What a dumbass.

Bozo needs to be voted out of office. In his instance my "never re-elect" stance would be a never elect in the first place position with hindsight.

Last edited:

All those immigrants that Boehner tries to keep out of the country know the difference between the Constitution and Declaration of Independence

I can understand the mix up by Boehner. A large and enthusiastic crowd(I've talked in front of thousands of people before--it is totally different than talking on a room full of collegues or in front of a camera). High feelings of Patriotism and Nationalism in the air, and a feeling of accomplishing something important!!

Then you begin to reiterate the words that reminds you of why you love this country--oops, the Declaration of Independece. The very Spirit of our nation is embedded in those words. The Constitution is a bit too pratical and sets up the direction in which we chose to go in. But those words of the DOI are truly something else.

No, I am not trying to be a Boehner apologists(but I am, aren't I), I just understand how he could chose those words.

Oops.

Asked about the mixup, Boehner spokesman Michael Steel shot back: "Both texts are vital to the liberty beloved by every American."

Its too bad you hold so much contempt for both.

All those immigrants that Boehner tries to keep out of the country know the difference between the Constitution and Declaration of Independence

Hows that, when most do not even espeaka english?

"Silly mistakes"? "Such an event"? Shirley you jest is a silly remark, or a typo, a spelling error, or maybe a quote from some movie. But Boehners 'mistake', be it a result of ignorance, intent or carelessness is not silly. To those who support the 'teabaggers' it should be embarrassing; to those who believe 'teabaggers' represent the idiot fringe of American politics, it's simply another sign of the incompetence of the right and the weakness of their leadership.

I wonder if he knows how many states currently comprise the US?

The conservative wingnuts are blindly stumbling now.

The GOP leadership can get rid of the hopelesschangeless reaganites and palinistas and move on.

Who said over a million? Link per chance?

Do you have Pictures of the astroturf?

I'll give you a chance to back yourself up before I make a comment.

Forum List

Back