Funding Fascists: Zelensky Says This is "Not the Time" for Elections

I thought the complaint was we're giving him too much money and that's why he won't hold elections?

You kids need to make up your minds
? Start drinking early this weekend?

Zelenskyy said he wouldn’t hold elections unless we gave him more money.

Most people would call that extortion.

Ukraine good, freedom and apple pie vs. Putin fascism yea right. It's more like we have just taken a side in a gangland war. Let Ukraine die.

Zelensky says ‘not the time’ for presidential elections in Ukraine

"We must decide that now is the time of defence, the time of battle, on which the fate of the state and people depends," Zelensky said in his daily address.

He said it was a time for the country to be united, not divided, adding: "I believe that now is not the (right) time for elections."

Who has elections in a time when they're under threat of invasion, or actual invasion? The UK suspended elections in WW2, Churchill was never head of the Tory Party when they won an election.

The whole of Europe essentially didn't have elections during this period, except for Switzerland, Sweden etc....

Who has elections in a time when they're under threat of invasion, or actual invasion? The UK suspended elections in WW2, Churchill was never head of the Tory Party when they won an election.

The whole of Europe essentially didn't have elections during this period, except for Switzerland, Sweden etc....
You realize Zelenskyy has stated he’d hold elections IF we gave him enough money right? It’s not that he can’t hold elections. It’s that he won’t.

During the War of Northern Aggression,in the 1864 election, large numbers of American citizens were unable to vote , mostly in the south lands.

Louisiana actually had Electoral College votes in that election, going Democrat (who lost) and not a single person was actually able to vote for those electors.

But then the US doesn't really have democracy anyway, but will attack the Ukraine for not having Democracy during an INVASION....

Just like the people who helped oust the democratically elected leader of Venezuela in 2002 were supposedly working on democratic principles, and just like how they took democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan, how's the working out.

The US uses Democracy as a word to use to try and justify things, but when it actually matters, they really couldn't give a damn. In fact, they'll support dictators all day long.

Louisiana actually had Electoral College votes in that election, going Democrat (who lost) and not a single person was actually able to vote for those electors.

But then the US doesn't really have democracy anyway, but will attack the Ukraine for not having Democracy during an INVASION....

Just like the people who helped oust the democratically elected leader of Venezuela in 2002 were supposedly working on democratic principles, and just like how they took democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan, how's the working out.

The US uses Democracy as a word to use to try and justify things, but when it actually matters, they really couldn't give a damn. In fact, they'll support dictators all day long.

The problem is it appears holding elections is a choice. He’s saying as much. If we give him enough money voila elections. We haven’t so sorry no elections. That’s the problem.

Ukraine good, freedom and apple pie vs. Putin fascism yea right. It's more like we have just taken a side in a gangland war. Let Ukraine die.

giphy.gif

Best.....Analogy.....Ever!

It's about time for Mrs Zelensky's Christmas shopping trip to Paris isn't it?

How many boards did you cross post your Russian Propaganda on today?
Anti American post^ ….

Ur effectively, trying to shut down free speech by using personal attacks and treating legitimate responses as if they are nothing and then treating the person like they’re not human.

Russians are beautiful people and they stood up to the fascists like you in World War II.

When we invaded Iraq in 2003, Russia did not fund Iraq. We are not right to fund Ukraine today.

America had elections during WW2 as well as the War of Northern Aggression.

I can't see why Ukraine doesn't have them.

If Ukraine is a democracy, let them show they are a democracy.
This 100%

What a great government we had in the World War II era. A government built upon honor. We don’t have that today.

There is no excuse for the corruption in Ukraine for their refusal to hold elections while simultaneously calling themselves a western democracy.

Zelensky says ‘not the time’ for presidential elections in Ukraine

"We must decide that now is the time of defence, the time of battle, on which the fate of the state and people depends," Zelensky said in his daily address.

He said it was a time for the country to be united, not divided, adding: "I believe that now is not the (right) time for elections."

The Ukrainian constitution does not allow elections during a time of declared state of emergency

What your pretty sure about is irrelevant. All that matter is what was actually said. See post #12
Little bit more to it than that:

“I told him: if the United States and Europe give us financial support... I'm sorry, I will not hold elections on credit, I will not take money from weapons and give it to elections either,” Zelenskyy said, recalling a conversation with Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. “But if you give me this financial support, if the parliamentarians realize that we need to do this, then let's quickly change the legislation and, most importantly, let's take risks together.”

The Ukrainian leader also acknowledged a lack of the infrastructure required to allow 7 million citizens of the country to cast votes.

Forum List

Back