From Barry... A Coward on the Issue of Same Sex Marriage...

I've been debating this for a while. Isn't homosexuality antithetical to the continuation of the species?

Yes. But you see? Conservatives as YOU loathe Science and Scientists...

Yes, yes. I almost forgot. Conservatives haven't evolved from the cave yet. Thanks for that correction T.

You betcha'. Dumbasses as deany and Old Crocks continually remind us that WE HATE Science, Scientists and 'Natural order'...

Friendly reminder to you ;)

And where states enact same-sex marriage, no federal act should invalidate them.

But, if a State bans same-sex marriages, it is OK for the feds to invalidate that?

Obama, you cannot have your cake and eat it to......

Why not? The 9th Circus Court has done it twice to California...

lol.... kinda my point

If Obama says the feds need to stay out of State Law, then they need to stay out!!!!!

Today, I was asked a direct question and gave a direct answer:

I believe that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry.

I hope you'll take a moment to watch the conversation, consider it, and weigh in yourself on behalf of marriage equality:

http://my.barackobama.com/Marriage

I've always believed that gay and lesbian Americans should be treated fairly and equally. I was reluctant to use the term marriage because of the very powerful traditions it evokes. And I thought civil union laws that conferred legal rights upon gay and lesbian couples were a solution.

But over the course of several years I've talked to friends and family about this. I've thought about members of my staff in long-term, committed, same-sex relationships who are raising kids together. Through our efforts to end the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, I've gotten to know some of the gay and lesbian troops who are serving our country with honor and distinction.

What I've come to realize is that for loving, same-sex couples, the denial of marriage equality means that, in their eyes and the eyes of their children, they are still considered less than full citizens.

Even at my own dinner table, when I look at Sasha and Malia, who have friends whose parents are same-sex couples, I know it wouldn't dawn on them that their friends' parents should be treated differently.

So I decided it was time to affirm my personal belief that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry.

I respect the beliefs of others, and the right of religious institutions to act in accordance with their own doctrines. But I believe that in the eyes of the law, all Americans should be treated equally. And where states enact same-sex marriage, no federal act should invalidate them.

If you agree, you can stand up with me here.

Thank you,

Barack

---

He is a Coward Attempting to play both Sides.

Just as I Thought.

He Thinks he can get the "States Righters" to be with him on this while Appearing to Support Gay Marriage outright.

That's not what he said, yet that's how the Press has Delivered for him.

:)

peace...

That's not cowardly, it's politics. You want cowardly, join with a bunch of others, hold down another person, and cut off the victim's hair. Then say you cannot remember doing it. Now that's not only cowardly, it mendacious and bordering on evil.

Last edited:
But, if a State bans same-sex marriages, it is OK for the feds to invalidate that?

Obama, you cannot have your cake and eat it to......

Why not? The 9th Circus Court has done it twice to California...

lol.... kinda my point

If Obama says the feds need to stay out of State Law, then they need to stay out!!!!!

You're correct...they DO. The FED needs to be taken down a few notches.

As long as clergy aren't forced to perform marriages they do not agree with, I have no problem with gay marriage and absolutely can not figure out why so many "Small Government" types do.

How about the state get out of marriage altogether and let the churches/internet marriage peddlers go about their business?

No federal laws, if the folks tend towards the internet preachers or religious, the states lose their influence and revenue stream.

What have YOU done to get government out of marriage?

Forum List

Back