French...Culturally Superior!

lupuman34

Rookie
Aug 9, 2004
Having been recently in Paris, I found a suburban emptiness back in the States. Walking through elegant parks, and getting used to people actually being skinny and eating with health in mind was beautiful. The ridiculous thing is how Americans find it very easy to insult a country with thousands years of history. Contrary, to the extermination of Native Americans, Decleration of Independance, and...wait thats where it ends, France possesses a long intruiging history. The U.S (of course generalizing) is predominantly populated by individuals whose weight is a frightening thing and also being totally ignorant about other nations. Worst, an American will tell you he is proud of this ignorance. So, letting recent international choices for war or no war aside, how can we permit ourselves to insult a country whose citizens would laugh at our high level of uneducation and obesity. The problem is here folks! Americans spend an extremely high amount of time glued to the telivision, secluding themselves in their suburban houses. The French have something like 6 national channels. They do something called "social interaction" in public places such as cafes and parks. Parks in the U.S can be seen with people running, rollerblading, anything to loose weight... all to be put back shortly. I'm sorry I can't expand more on this, but please share your comments.

lupuman34 said:
Having been recently in Paris, I found a suburban emptiness back in the States. Walking through elegant parks, and getting used to people actually being skinny and eating with health in mind was beautiful. The ridiculous thing is how Americans find it very easy to insult a country with thousands years of history. Contrary, to the extermination of Native Americans, Decleration of Independance, and...wait thats where it ends, France possesses a long intruiging history. The U.S (of course generalizing) is predominantly populated by individuals whose weight is a frightening thing and also being totally ignorant about other nations. Worst, an American will tell you he is proud of this ignorance. So, letting recent international choices for war or no war aside, how can we permit ourselves to insult a country whose citizens would laugh at our high level of uneducation and obesity. The problem is here folks! Americans spend an extremely high amount of time glued to the telivision, secluding themselves in their suburban houses. The French have something like 6 national channels. They do something called "social interaction" in public places such as cafes and parks. Parks in the U.S can be seen with people running, rollerblading, anything to loose weight... all to be put back shortly. I'm sorry I can't expand more on this, but please share your comments.

Being an ignorant American, what can I say, but, "The French blow goats!"

lupuman34 said:

Having been recently in Paris, I found a suburban emptiness back in the States.
What the f does this mean? :cuckoo:

Walking through elegant parks, and getting used to people actually being skinny and eating with health in mind was beautiful. The ridiculous thing is how Americans find it very easy to insult a country with thousands years of history.
So, all French are thin? Don't think so! All Americans are fat? Don't think so! :shocked:
Considering their 'long history' one would think they would be brighter than Chirac. Considering US relatative youth, one would think they might not be so savvy, but they are! :beer:

Contrary, to the extermination of Native Americans, Decleration of Independance, and...wait thats where it ends, France possesses a long intruiging history.
Intriguing in the sense of the guillotine? Or your inabilibility to spell 'Declaration?'

The U.S (of course generalizing) is predominantly populated by individuals whose weight is a frightening thing and also being totally ignorant about other nations. Worst, an American will tell you he is proud of this ignorance. So, letting recent international choices for war or no war aside, how can we permit ourselves to insult a country whose citizens would laugh at our high level of uneducation and obesity. The problem is here folks! Americans spend an extremely high amount of time glued to the telivision, secluding themselves in their suburban houses. The French have something like 6 national channels. They do something called "social interaction" in public places such as cafes and parks. Parks in the U.S can be seen with people running, rollerblading, anything to loose weight... all to be put back shortly. I'm sorry I can't expand more on this, but please share your comments.
Sorry, can't offer commentary, other than 'worst' should be worse', in context, as the poster's intentions are not clear. Kind of weird that he seems to be formulating an argument that if they 'laugh' at us, we should cower? I'm lost. So is he. :tinfoil:

Hmmm, snails are great and there is nothing like liver from a goose that has been forced fed until his liver is about 3 pounds or 40 percent of its entire weight. There is some culture for you.

Got to go, no time to ride my bike Friends is on tv. :rolleyes:

I have no direct experience with France in particular, but Europe, yes. I had the privilege to spend two years recently in Spain - a couple of months in Madrid, and the rest in several parts of the Canary Islands. During my time there, I met and got to know many different people - from England, Germany, Spain (of course), as well as France. Now, as far as obesity goes, I found the ratio of fat people to thin people to be just about on par with what I have seen here in the States. The only real difference I saw, was that the Euros are a whole lot more eager to flaunt it - be it the thinness (sp?) or the fatness. I guess being on a set of islands only worsened it...I saw WAY too many extremely obese people wearing WAY too little clothing!

-Douglas

lupuman34 said:
The U.S (of course generalizing) is predominantly populated by individuals whose weight is a frightening thing and also being totally ignorant about other nations. Worst, an American will tell you he is proud of this ignorance. So, letting recent international choices for war or no war aside, how can we permit ourselves to insult a country whose citizens would laugh at our high level of uneducation and obesity. I'm sorry I can't expand more on this, but please share your comments.

Well, since you asked - I'm always delighted to be called ignorant and talked down to by a functional illiterate who can neither spell nor construct a proper sentence.

:finger3:

I travel in Caribbean quite often, some of the islands I frequent are big tourist destinations for France. Walking down the beach or thru the hotels you can't tell what country people are from by their appearence or wieght, it's only when they speak does their nationality become apparent.

The French tend to be a bit pushier in line and a little bit ruder than most nationalities, but that is their way.

Democrat4Bush said:
The French tend to be a bit pushier in line and a little bit ruder than most nationalities, but that is their way.
Also an interesting note... During my time in Spain, I spoke with a lot of the traveling types. Now, there aren't a whole lot of people I met that had traveled to the USA, but there were some. These told me how they had traveled all around Europe and whatnot. Then, they traveled to the US, and were literally surprised by the level of hospitality and kindness they found here in comparison with other places they'd visited (including France). I must say, each time I heard that, I swelled a little with pride! :)

-Douglas

Democrat4Bush said:
I travel in Caribbean quite often, some of the islands I frequent are big tourist destinations for France. Walking down the beach or thru the hotels you can't tell what country people are from by their appearence or wieght, it's only when they speak does their nationality become apparent.

My experience in the Caribbean is that the Euros are always the topless ones! :boobies: :dunno:

Democrat4Bush said:
Only the old fat ones. :laugh:

All the young ones keep their tops on.

Well, that is true.

I spent last X-mas in the DR. It wasn't too bad and the tourists were mostly Canadians and Euros. Very few Americans.

Democrat4Bush said:
I like DR, La Romana. Very pretty and alot of nice people. Might go back this fall.

We were in Caberete and Sosua. Really beautiful beaches.

Forum List

Back