French...Culturally Superior!

Shazbot said:
Also an interesting note... During my time in Spain, I spoke with a lot of the traveling types. Now, there aren't a whole lot of people I met that had traveled to the USA, but there were some. These told me how they had traveled all around Europe and whatnot. Then, they traveled to the US, and were literally surprised by the level of hospitality and kindness they found here in comparison with other places they'd visited (including France). I must say, each time I heard that, I swelled a little with pride! :)

-Douglas

I wish i had met people like you during my visit to the US, maybe i would have enjoyed it a little bit more, but when i was down at Georgia, no offense to anyone in that state, i guess a guy, who you would call a "redneck" told me "to go back to my own country", i must assume he must have lost his job to outsourcing or something, because there is no reason for anyone to be mad at me :D Now, i wish i had told him to fucking go back to his own country because he probably migrated here too, now that i think about it, his family did migrate here or anything... oh well, until someone invents a time machine, i just have to settle with dreaming.. lol..

just like to add one more thing, ohio looks awesome, i went to a place called Hocking hills or something and it was just beautiful..

and one last thing, i remember seeing a channel called PBS and they kept asking for money, do they always do this or something?? does it get annoying..

ld_avid said:
and one last thing, i remember seeing a channel called PBS and they kept asking for money, do they always do this or something?? does it get annoying..

PBS is a government funded, waste of tax dollars.

ld_avid said:
PBS stands for Public Broadcasting Service. It is a non-profit organization, so it gets its funding from grants and donations (hence, they always ask for donations). I am a fan of a lot of the shows and documentaries PBS has put out. A lot more useful than a lot of stuff the government spends our money on.

-Douglas

Hey Lupuman,

I work with 2 Frenchmen, I showed them your post they laughed their A**'ses. off!

They asked me how you could understand anything about France or its culture in a couple of weeks.

But true to their French heritage you should have heard the names they called you! I can't repeat them here, but you should know they hope you drank none of their good French wine, they hate in wasted on the mentally feeble.
:teeth:

lupuman34 said:
Having been recently in Paris, I found a suburban emptiness back in the States. Walking through elegant parks, and getting used to people actually being skinny and eating with health in mind was beautiful. The ridiculous thing is how Americans find it very easy to insult a country with thousands years of history. Contrary, to the extermination of Native Americans, Decleration of Independance, and...wait thats where it ends, France possesses a long intruiging history. The U.S (of course generalizing) is predominantly populated by individuals whose weight is a frightening thing and also being totally ignorant about other nations. Worst, an American will tell you he is proud of this ignorance. So, letting recent international choices for war or no war aside, how can we permit ourselves to insult a country whose citizens would laugh at our high level of uneducation and obesity. The problem is here folks! Americans spend an extremely high amount of time glued to the telivision, secluding themselves in their suburban houses. The French have something like 6 national channels. They do something called "social interaction" in public places such as cafes and parks. Parks in the U.S can be seen with people running, rollerblading, anything to loose weight... all to be put back shortly. I'm sorry I can't expand more on this, but please share your comments.
it is nice to be a tourist in france, hell it is nice being a tourist anywhere

I'm glad your 2 frenchmen laughed a bit...but I've been in France multiple times and have lived in Europe for three years..
how can you test my knowledge on this unknowingly?
it would be a shame if the wine were wasted on you, my friend.

Hmm, the rich history of France. Which first, the fact that they've actually managed to hold on to one regime longer than a couple of decades or their stunning successes on the battlefield? Hmm...where to start...

Seriously, the French haven't been worth that much since Napolean got killed. Their men are wusses. They're women aren't half as hot as they think they are. The whole country is more arrogant than a liberal at the NYT (had to throw that one in). Even their very accent and language has come to convey a sense of rude, condescending arrogance. If I went to France, it would be to go up the Eiffel Tower and look around the Louvre (ha! betcha couldn't have spelled that one), and that's it. I would talk as little as possible and wouldn't stay long.

lupuman34 said:
I'm glad your 2 frenchmen laughed a bit...but I've been in France multiple times and have lived in Europe for three years..

Yes the little back streets are quaint untill you get jumped by a few Algerians. Yes its nice to be in France when you have money or a job something many do not have. Yes its nice to be in France as long as your not a Jew. Yes its nice to be in France untill you get looked up for a crime you did not commit.

Europe is nice and has many fun things to do but it is not superior to here only differant. Thats what you need to understand.

Yes I like real Italian food served in Rome but not the north, but no I would not like to spend my life in Pisa.

It is fun to ride the tubes in London for a day or two, but can't stand the smells, and yes there choclate is great but Wimpy's hamburgers suck, and fish and chips should be renamed Grease and oil. :funnyface

Hobbit said:
Hmm, the rich history of France. Which first, the fact that they've actually managed to hold on to one regime longer than a couple of decades or their stunning successes on the battlefield? Hmm...where to start...

Seriously, the French haven't been worth that much since Napolean got killed. Their men are wusses. They're women aren't half as hot as they think they are. The whole country is more arrogant than a liberal at the NYT (had to throw that one in). Even their very accent and language has come to convey a sense of rude, condescending arrogance. If I went to France, it would be to go up the Eiffel Tower and look around the Louvre (ha! betcha couldn't have spelled that one), and that's it. I would talk as little as possible and wouldn't stay long.
sounds like you never been in france, how can you judge?

lupuman34 said:
why do you generalize? your comparision is based only on your perspective. I would recommend living there for a while first, not a few pleasure trips. Plust there are 60 mil french and 260 mil of americans, so stop bitching about people weight or habits, you can hardly generalize 260 or even 60 mil people.

drac said:
sounds like you never been in france, how can you judge?

I've been to Paris several times. Nice place to visit, but the people are rude.

Now, most will tell you, and it is true to some extent, the Parisians are much more rude than the French outside of Paris.

Anyway, why won't the Europeans just accept that WE ARE NOT LIKE THEM. If we were, our forefathers never would have left there long ago. Our forefathers didn't like Europe, so they left. They just need to accept it.

If you'd get out of Kent,Ct. and go to NY you'd find great museums, world capital of dance,great art, shows, food a diversity of everything, especially people all of whom or which are arguably better than the French. Do you realize that except for Napoleon there would be no street names in Paris and he, their great winner, was ultimately a losere. That's France a nation of also rans acting as if they were superior to all. Well, they are not superior. All that's left of their empire is Tahiti. Their attitude is unbelievable. They have a spin on everything fpor why they lose. The real reason is lack of character. Did you know that when France surrendered in 1940 she had the largest air force in Europe plus a formidable Army and Navy. Holland held out longer. Their cooperation with the Nazis to kill their own people was amazing. The resistance statistically was insignificant. The allies trusted them with no information. They sit on the UN Security council courtesy of the US and UK> They wereNEVER first as a country. They were last serious contenders over 100 years ago and they again blew it.

Paris is wonderful, the French suck. :

anubis said:
If you'd get out of Kent,Ct. and go to NY you'd find great museums, world capital of dance,great art, shows, food a diversity of everything, especially people all of whom or which are arguably better than the French. Do you realize that except for Napoleon there would be no street names in Paris and he, their great winner, was ultimately a losere. That's France a nation of also rans acting as if they were superior to all. Well, they are not superior. All that's left of their empire is Tahiti. Their attitude is unbelievable. They have a spin on everything fpor why they lose. The real reason is lack of character. Did you know that when France surrendered in 1940 she had the largest air force in Europe plus a formidable Army and Navy. Holland held out longer. Their cooperation with the Nazis to kill their own people was amazing. The resistance statistically was insignificant. The allies trusted them with no information. They sit on the UN Security council courtesy of the US and UK> They wereNEVER first as a country. They were last serious contenders over 100 years ago and they again blew it.

Paris is wonderful, the French suck. :

Welcome anubis! So what is the Egyptian jackal up to? Or from what other area does your nic refer?

The French have much in common with kerry.

Kerry tries to run on his imaginary war record.

The French try to look down their noses at the rest of the world based on their imaginary sophistication.

Neither one can present a factual basis to support their respective assertions.

Both are attacked because they wear their false claims like a badge of honor.

Also because it's a heck of a lot of fun to watch them squirm and have little hissy fits.

You've got it all wrong. The French never win. Kerry has won 4 Senate elections and one Presidential election

anubis said:
You've got it all wrong. The French never win. Kerry has won 4 Senate elections and one Presidential election

The 'French Connection' has gotten very thin here. Why don't one of you start a new thread on Kerry on the political forum and his attributes or deficits? Just a suggestion, but if staying on France, let's do that.

Kathianne said:
The 'French Connection' has gotten very thin here. Why don't one of you start a new thread on Kerry on the political forum and his attributes or deficits? Just a suggestion, but if staying on France, let's do that.

Kathianne, It's kind of sexy when you take mod actions. I like women with power!

Sorry DK, but with you, it's just not the same.

:spank3:

rtwngAvngr said:
Kathianne, It's kind of sexy when you take mod actions. I like women with power!

Sorry DK, but with you, it's just not the same.

:spank3:

Thanks you! :happy2:

anubis said:

It seems to me I remember reading that - although he knew he had no chance of winning the argument - Stalin presented a quite reasonable case for keeping France off the Security Council. If the determining factor were war casualties and time spent in battle, he stated, Yugoslavia was far more deserving than France.

Of course - using this same reasoning - Stalin scoffed at the idea of the Pope participating in the negotiations. "Ah, yes - the Pope", he said. "How many divisions has he?"

Forum List

Back