French call for stronger EU to keep America in check

j07950 said:
Got to go but I'll be back soon, I enjoy these debates, I'm learning a lot. Hope you are too in wome way or another.
Unfortunately, your argument and point of view has been aired here many times. I will grant you that you are doing well by not resorting to name calling and seem to be really trying to debate and niot just bash at the US. Many have tread the path you are on right now...none have been around very long.

j07950 said:
Irak was not a threat to you so asking for UN aproval was the least you could do. Irak was a world Issue, not an american, whether UN is corrupt or whether France and other nations for that matter are...they should still have gone through the UN. Irak saddly looks like an attack on another nation even if some fo the thoughts behind it were good. It's the way you go on about these things that are the problem. It really is a shame.

If Iraq was a "world" issue, why was the "world" relying on the US and GB to keep him contained while the "world" was profiting from doing business with him?

We did go to the UN and the UN would not enforce their own resolutions, so we did. Even if they had decided to enforce them, they would have turned to us anyway. Again, it was the UN's responsibility to contain Saddam, but we ended up doing the work.

You obviously have NO clue.

Interestingly enough, the French have ignored and even violated UN resolutions in the past. For example, France had no problems with ignoring UN resolutions during its testing of nuclear weapons in the mid 90's and indeed exploded a nuclear device on the heels of a UN resolution banning such tests. Guess who was the French president at the time?

CSM said:
Interestingly enough, the French have ignored and even violated UN resolutions in the past. For example, France had no problems with ignoring UN resolutions during its testing of nuclear weapons in the mid 90's and indeed exploded a nuclear device on the heels of a UN resolution banning such tests. Guess who was the French president at the time?

Um.... John Kerry?

:D

CSM said:
That was wrong but maybee that's because we can't test in our own country like the US...At least we're not putting our own people at risk like the US has done, don't go into the nuclear debate, your going to lose this one...
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/
Plus I've got other things to do than argue tonight. And you're likely to gang up on me no matter if what I'm saying is true or not. If I'm not an American than I'm likely to be wrong.
Anyway I'll come back later...but do have a chat about this and come up with interesting facts for me to read. Very interested as I don't know all that much about it.

j07950 said:
That was wrong but maybee that's because we can't test in our own country like the US...At least we're not putting our own people at risk like the US has done, don't go into the nuclear debate, your going to lose this one...
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/
Plus I've got other things to do than argue tonight. And you're likely to gang up on me no matter if what I'm saying is true or not. If I'm not an American than I'm likely to be wrong.
Anyway I'll come back later...but do have a chat about this and come up with interesting facts for me to read. Very interested as I don't know all that much about it.
so you just put other parts of the world at risk??--what happened with all this be nice to the whole world stuff you were spouting?

dilloduck said:
so you just put other parts of the world at risk??--what happened with all this be nice to the whole world stuff you were spouting?

Where does/did the UK test their weapons anyway?

dilloduck said:
has a french passport and is going to school un the UK--- he won't claim a nationality :rolleyes:

He types in US English rather well. Haven't seen the regular UK spelling yet. I think our friend just may be Canadian.

no1tovote4 said:
He types in US English rather well. Haven't seen the regular UK spelling yet. I think our friend just may be Canadian.

Lived in Jersey for 6 years I think he said so there's no telling and he sure doesn't want to share.

dilloduck said:
Lived in Jersey for 6 years I think he said so there's no telling and he sure doesn't want to share.

Now it is even more likely it is a HS child of a military man or just some regular run of the mill US Democrat pulling our chains.

Nope...I'm really French, lived in the US 6 years, not the son of a military, and yes I study in the UK...anything else?

j07950 said:
Nope...I'm really French, lived in the US 6 years, not the son of a military, and yes I study in the UK...anything else?

Good. At least we know where you sit before we start into where you stand.

no1tovote4 said:
Good. At least we know where you sit before we start into where you stand.
I don't really sit anywhere that's the thing, you can say all you want about France I'm not bothered, as long as it's true.

Forum List

Back