French call for stronger EU to keep America in check

Discussion in 'Europe' started by freeandfun1, Nov 5, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    French call for stronger EU to keep America in check
    This I found very interesting.....

I have heard that MANY Brits feel they have more in common with the USA than mainland Europe.

Just like most of the libs here in the states, the French are turning up the rhetoric. Could we see the US and France coming to a confrontation?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Kentucky

Kentucky Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    this can get serious. Most troubling is the rise of the Euro, now testing $1.30, and the blatant effort by these guys to replace the dollar with the Euro as the world's de facto reserve currency. If successful, it would have immensely negative impacts on the US and its citizens. It would also likely lead to excessive political instability throughout the world. Major wars would be certain.

As it is, they are indeed driving toward a major confrontation with the US. If it comes about, the US could potentially be forced to choose between allowing its economy to be destroyed or to destroy the economies of France and Germany. The latter would require military force.

They have a 1912 mindset over there right now and they need to snap out of it.

3. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Come one Kentucky what are we gonna do with France after we roll through in 4 days? Also if this does leed to a confertation I believe we would win. Also with the help of the British we would stomp through europe. You know whats more disturbing is, cause they don't like our policies they don't like us. Also if they want a fight I can think of many Americans who will give em' one hell of one. They should look at our record so far, only one we retreated from(for political puposes), and another one techniclly never lost nor won still going on. All the others we won so I glady so don't do it europe we don't want to hurt you.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Don't forget, France has nukes and unlike the US, they have tested theirs in recent years (South Pacific).

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    anymore than they wanted one in 1914. They are, though, engaging in an economic arms race that has the potential to rapidly spin out of control in unpredictable ways. The US could never let oil prices be set in euros and must do WHATEVER it takes to keep that from happening. I believe that Saddam's decision in Nov. '02 to begin pricing his oil in euros was one of the many reasons the US decided to take him down (Venezuela should take note here).

An excellent older post by onedomino (http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13493) explored the internal motivations for French anti-Americanism and I found it very enlightening. Anyone on this thread who has not read it would find it a worthwhile read.

Whatever combination of forces is driving the current French/German policies toward the US and the dollar, I don't believe that they're thinking this all the way through. They don't realize that a military confrontation with the US is almost inevitable if they don't back off. That was the main point I was trying to make.

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296

I TOTALLY agree with you. I have pointed all this out before, but was told by many I was just being paranoid and falling for conspiracy theories.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    the french want one, they're having delusions of grandeur again.

8. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I think it may be time for someone to kick France's ass again to get 'em back in line.

9. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26

I think we got a few of those too. It would be foolish to use a terrible weapon such as that. Yet they might just be that stupid, espeacially if they think they can take us.

10. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Good thing we are (were? I forget if we scrapped it or not) working on a missle defence sheild. Let France lob her nukes. We'll blast 'em out of the sky.

When the AP reporter scores the pullizer winning photo of the Eiffel Tower buckling and crashing just as the Nuclear Shockwave hits it, I'm gonna make a poster of that and mount it on my bedroom wall. Such a sweet thing to see right before I fall asleep.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1