French Army

Q - How do you call the mightiest european army, one of the mightiest of the world, with good equipement, best tank of the world, one of the best fighter, one of the best rifle, maybe best than the famous M-16, and with high quality soldiers, who really know how to do the war without kill civilians, with a long practice of peace operation in hot zone, with British soldiers - who are really good too - ?
A - the French Army

Q - How do you call the amry with young soldiers who are not prepare to war, who shoot on everything, even women and kids ?
A - US Army

padisha emperor said:
Q - How do you call the mightiest european army, one of the mightiest of the world, with good equipement, best tank of the world, one of the best fighter, one of the best rifle, maybe best than the famous M-16, and with high quality soldiers, who really know how to do the war without kill civilians, with a long practice of peace operation in hot zone, with British soldiers - who are really good too - ?
A - the French Army

Q - How do you call the amry with young soldiers who are not prepare to war, who shoot on everything, even women and kids ?
A - US Army

When is the last time your MIGHTY Army actually defended your country successfully?

Hell, I heard once that someone popped the cork to a champagne bottle and:

1. a whole battalion of french army surrendered.

2. a two mile long line of frenchmen signing up to be collaborators formed in under fifteen minutes.

3. the chunnel was jammed with french government officials hightailing it for London to set up a government in exile.

4. french flag makers were having heart attacks trying to figure out which flags to produce.

5. Responding to desperate pleas, George Bush told Jacques Chirac that America could not, in conscience, assist without authorization from the UN.

P.S. Get a sense of humor, Francois. It's a joke.

padisha emperor said:
A - the French Army

Kinda hard to kill civilians in war if you make the Americans do all your dirty work. Kinda easy to call your equipment the best if you never test it in battle.

its also kinda hard to practice peace operations in the middle of a war:p

It also hard to claim the French are the mightest army in the Europe when the British actually have military experience.

Its also easy to be an ungrateful sob with a stick up his butt when "young soldiers unprepared for war" have to save your butts every couple decades.

merlin, I've got humour, but it's borung when I read always the same things about France ;) , your jokes did like France now is the 1940 France......tell at a German that his country is like in 1940, I think he'll kick you ;)

British slodiers did war in Iraq, yes, so they had a war experience in 2003/2004. But saying that France hasn't is wrong : in Yugoslavia, with Blue Helmets, during severals years, in 1999 in Kosovo - the second most impotrant army sent here after USA were the french one.
2004 : Haiti's inetrvention with US Marines and French RIMA (marine infantry, like your Marines), RPIMA (Paras from marine infantry).
2003/2004 : In Ivory Coast, fights against Rebels.
Be sure that french amry is ready for a war, for a conflict, our equipment is good, our soldiers are too, but i wish that the wars for those France is ready would not come (it's not cowardice, but the wish of peace).

(Do youknow that France have oe of the best military intelligence corps ? With Mirage F-1, ground vehicles............this intelligence corps helped USA in Afghanistan.... And about the french special forces : high high quality : they are great in intelligence mission, in snowy mountain, urban zone, or every other kind of ground. They are the best at fight, their practice is the best - or one of the best - , and did you know, the US Navy seals copy their practice on the French Foreign Legion's one........... ;) )
(french elite's regiments : Legion, RPIMA, 17th Hussard, 35th Dragon........a lot of other.)

So the French army is ready for a war...

And when you ask me when France defend itself, it is a little stupid : it means that you deem the French Army in relation to the French army of 1940..... 2 things : the 1940's french army was not bad,but the HQ was. the tactics were not good. But the army : soldiers, equipment....were good. the HQ was really bad.
second thing : the French army of 1940 is not the actually French Amry : it's a non-sense to think that if French army failed in 1940, it 'll failed also now. You can't deem something actual compared with something old. If you do it, you can say everything, but all would be dumb.
Appreciate a thing compared with this thing, but 60 year's agos is stupid.

To end : you say that US kill civilian but France didn't the dirty job, and din't even the war....during the UN ops in Balkans, French and British didn't kill civilians.......they protect them.

Actually, the French Army is not all that bad.

http://www.ausa.org/www/armymag.nsf/0/CC36097769BB35C785256D86006C576D?OpenDocument

The French Army
There are only a few armies in the world today that retain robust full spectrum capabilities. Beyond the U.S. and British Armies, the French Army is one of the few land forces that not only maintains a substantial worldwide presence and a capability to fight at high intensity, but also is increasingly optimized for power projection.

The French Army has recently completed the ambitious restructuring program it launched in 1995, despite the handicaps of budget constraints imposed by five years of a center-left government from 1997 to 2002. These funding constraints hit especially hard at equipment maintenance and modernization accounts, in part because the Army was so heavily engaged in a series of deployments and overseas commitments. Nevertheless, despite the strains of this vigorous operational tempo, the French Army has completed the transition to an entirely new force structure, converting from a division to a brigade-centered force, and making the transition to an all-volunteer force.

During the same period, adding to its long-standing presence in Africa and the Pacific, the French Army began in 1992 a substantial long-term and continuing effort in the Balkans, where nearly 100 French soldiers have perished in the intervening decade.

In addition, after September 11, 2001, the French Army was asked to mount a major effort in Afghanistan. There, French soldiers operate in close conjunction with their American counterparts, notably in training the Afghan Army, participating in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), and recently deploying special operations forces in a combat role.

To this has been added deployments to the Ivory Coast, where after helping evacuate American citizens, the French force has been engaged in a risky but so far successful effort to keep the lid on an explosive situation. Despite having fewer soldiers than the situation would seem to demand, French soldiers have employed their sense of the terrain and the overall environment to prevent the emergence of still another failed state, of still another spawning ground for instability and a potential safe haven for terrorists.

Recently, the French Army has also sent units to the Democratic Republic of the Congo for similar purposes.
At the same time, the French Army continues to develop its “Air-Land Operational Space” concept, a parallel to the U.S. Army’s Future Combat System. This program’s scope and bold vision, like the British Army’s FRES (Future Rapid Effects System) effort, show that high technology in the landpower arena is not a one-way street from the United States to Europe.

Even in the domain of future high-intensity combat, the French Army remains centered around the soldier on the ground to maintain “Contact With Reality” as the current French Army doctrine states. Despite the deep tensions of the past year over Iraq, the French Army is more often than not still ranged solidly on the ground beside the Army of its oldest ally, the United States.

One may disagree with a nation's politics, but most coalition/allied soldiers I have worked with are very professional. Like the US soldiers, they want to do a good job.

I don't think the problem has been the 'French Soldier' but rather the French Leadership. :rolleyes:

Thank you, CSM.

Kathianne, if you disagree the French Government and President, becase we didn't go to Iraq...it's not very clever : France - It mean french people - didn't want to do war in Iraq. In the word "democracy", ther is the greek words "demos", it means "people", and "cratos", it mean "force, power". So, democracy is "the power of the people". And the French people didn't want this war. France had choice, it was not like the WWI or WWII, and france chose to respect the french people position.
It's the definition of democracy...

One other thing : France - french people - didn't want to do the war. But Germany, I mean it people, didn't want too. Like the spanish people, like the italian people....and like the british people....the most important public demonstration against the war of Iraq was in.....LONDON ! over than 1,000,000 persons....it showed that the UK's people disagree with Blair's decision.
How can you rule on a democratic country when this country's people is against you because you don't listen to it ?

padisha emperor said:
Thank you, CSM.

Kathianne, if you disagree the French Government and President, becase we didn't go to Iraq...it's not very clever : France - It mean french people - didn't want to do war in Iraq. In the word "democracy", ther is the greek words "demos", it means "people", and "cratos", it mean "force, power". So, democracy is "the power of the people". And the French people didn't want this war. France had choice, it was not like the WWI or WWII, and france chose to respect the french people position.

A little hint PE - unless you like being jumped on every time you post, I'd suggest you put away the condescending attitude. I doubt very much that even the liberals on this board require a refresher course in second grade word derivatives and definitions.

And as far as many Americans are concerned, the only definitions the French need to look up to explain their government's lack of support in Iraq is "greed", "corruption" and "pettiness". That should pretty much cover the motives of the French government.

padisha emperor said:
Thank you, CSM.

One other thing : France - french people - didn't want to do the war. But Germany, I mean it people, didn't want too. Like the spanish people, like the italian people....and like the british people....the most important public demonstration against the war of Iraq was in.....LONDON ! over than 1,000,000 persons....it showed that the UK's people disagree with Blair's decision.
How can you rule on a democratic country when this country's people is against you because you don't listen to it ?

Gee, French Dude, I mistakenly thought you were discussing the calibre of the French soldier. My bad. Chirac and a sizable portion of the French public are cowards and blowhards.

Merlin, excuse me, I really didn't want to be condescendant, it was to argue...( and once I was on a US message board where a lot didn't know this word's ethymology...).

I never said that French government's motivations were ONLY this democracy power, but it's ione of this reason....you know, in France the street is listened by politics sometimes.
Sure, France had interests, but saying that USA were not hypocrit too will be a lie.
France had interest, but they got interests before the first Gulf war, these interests were really bigger than the ones of 2003, and they did war.......

Kathianne..................Why hate you france so much ? Even French and English, during their 900 years of war, were more friendly with the others.........
(just one question, how old are you ?)

My advice about French politics, because I think I'm the principal concerned....I not agree thze French government. I think the Prime Minister should be changed. Nicolas Sarkozy's - economy and industry ministery - economic politic is not really good : a keynesian politic....(or not far), and the facts speak for me : the supply side economy did better results.
The interior situation : except the antisemitic acts, not really big problems, the law about the seculary is respected...I just want that the bastards who put svatiska on jewish tombstones will be catch by police soon...one of them has already been catch... - about that : 2 of the antisemitic acts were false : one was a "joke", one a simple attack of a jewish ceneter by a jewish man, ex-employed here... - France really not hate Jews....it is a total mistake....)
Justice : some reforms, It goes well, the french justice system is good - I know it I'm a law student - but sometimes maybe too slow...
Defense : well, more money, a second aircraft-carrier soon, no problems.
Culture : good. yes, really good
(to a person who laugh when he read "ministre de la Culture" : it is a reral job : organize all the cultural manifestaion, all the summer festival, of music, theatre......propagate the culture everywhere in france........)

Don't be so hostile with me, I really don't want to be hostile with you ;)

padisha emperor said:
Kathianne..................Why hate you france so much ? Even French and English, during their 900 years of war, were more friendly with the others.........
(just one question, how old are you ?)
My age is none of your damn business, but old enough to hold history, political science, and sociology degrees. Focus of history on Western Civ. :)

The French of 17th and 18th C are dead, more than literally. The philosophs today are poseurs, and the French seem incapable of recognizing it. Take a look at what are going as best sellers in your shoppes, hardly enlightening, rather a 'pat ourselves on the back for being so damn superior. Perhaps the reason you can't help being condescending? Hmmm, just a thought.

My advice about French politics, because I think I'm the principal concerned....I not agree thze French government. I think the Prime Minister should be changed. Nicolas Sarkozy's - economy and industry ministery - economic politic is not really good : a keynesian politic....(or not far), and the facts speak for me : the supply side economy did better results.
The interior situation : except the antisemitic acts, not really big problems, the law about the seculary is respected...I just want that the bastards who put svatiska on jewish tombstones will be catch by police soon...one of them has already been catch... - about that : 2 of the antisemitic acts were false : one was a "joke", one a simple attack of a jewish ceneter by a jewish man, ex-employed here... - France really not hate Jews....it is a total mistake....)
Interesting take, 'total mistake' sort of like in WWII? Methinks not. You may not be anti-Semetic, but it is a recurring theme in your oh so enlightened country and those you really do influence, ie Belgium and Netherlands. Oh btw, that last sentence should give you an idea of how much your country should influence ours, not one whit!

[quoteJustice : some reforms, It goes well, the french justice system is good - I know it I'm a law student - but sometimes maybe too slow...
Defense : well, more money, a second aircraft-carrier soon, no problems.
Culture : good. yes, really good
(to a person who laugh when he read "ministre de la Culture" : it is a reral job : organize all the cultural manifestaion, all the summer festival, of music, theatre......propagate the culture everywhere in france........)[/quote] Enjoy and we wish you well.

Don't be so hostile with me, I really don't want to be hostile with you ;)
Hey personally, I would not have bothered to post to you, not hoping to change your closed mind, you decided to call me out.

I am close-minded ? huhu, nice joke.

The French of 17th and 18th C are dead, more than literally. The philosophs today are poseurs, and the French seem incapable of recognizing it. Take a look at what are going as best sellers in your shoppes, hardly enlightening, rather a 'pat ourselves on the back for being so damn superior. Perhaps the reason you can't help being condescending? Hmmm, just a thought.

France is proud of it past, its sure. But also know what you said. We are conscient of it, really. For myslef, I live it very well ;), I don't live in the past, but turn to the future.It's what France want to do too. It's why France progress, or try to do it, in all the domains. France know that it is no more the world mightest nation (we are no more since 1763, and after since 1815, we know it ;) ). France know that this nation is now the USA. France just want to be with the leader, it is understable,like UK or Germany. And France is , 4th in the G8, after USA, Japan, Germany.

Be sure that France know that it intellectual light of the XVIIIth c. is over. But France try always to defend the french culturally exception - it is not a myth - . This exception is in a lot of few thing, in fact, not in big big thing. It is maybe why lot of British ore even Americans come to live in France. France want to preserve it agreable lifestyle.
When you speak of the bestsellers, do you mean that the kind of best sellers make not french so superior ? (I 'm not sure to have all well understand).
If it is that, There are best sellers like in the other country - M Higgins-Clark, lot of foreign authors..but alos a lot of french books, about politic, society, USA, actualities.........

I'm not close-minded, be suer of it, if I were, I would insult you many times ago ;)
read a lot, and try to nuderstand the maximum of thing in the world. It's why I'm here, to understant more and more, like about the presidential race. and i'm here also to make you change about the French and France.

padisha emperor said:
I am close-minded ? huhu, nice joke.
As I said, I wasn't going after your posts, you sought me out. I was not 'joking' about the close mindedness. I do NOT hate the French. If you look at the source of that thread, 8236 and what he posts, you would consider the 'source' if you were open-minded. More than that, you would have to look over the 'body' of my posts, there are plenty to choose from. You must be careful though, to make sure they are not 'coming' from a postion of responding to something like you've started here, which tends to lead to hyperbole.

France is proud of it past, its sure. But also know what you said. We are conscient of it, really. For myslef, I live it very well ;), I don't live in the past, but turn to the future.It's what France want to do too. It's why France progress, or try to do it, in all the domains. France know that it is no more the world mightest nation (we are no more since 1763, and after since 1815, we know it ;) ). France know that this nation is now the USA. France just want to be with the leader, it is understable,like UK or Germany. And France is , 4th in the G8, after USA, Japan, Germany.

Be sure that France know that it intellectual light of the XVIIIth c. is over. But France try always to defend the french culturally exception - it is not a myth - . This exception is in a lot of few thing, in fact, not in big big thing. It is maybe why lot of British ore even Americans come to live in France. France want to preserve it agreable lifestyle.
If France does not change it's 'lifestyle' you are going to find yourselves broke, sooner than later. Even Chirac gets that.
When you speak of the bestsellers, do you mean that the kind of best sellers make not french so superior ? (I 'm not sure to have all well understand).
If it is that, There are best sellers like in the other country - M Higgins-Clark, lot of foreign authors..but alos a lot of french books, about politic, society, USA, actualities.........
Certainly not speaking of the Higgins-Clark ilk. LOL like any of use will look at 'pop' novels to judge a country? Pfffttt

No, speaking of the hate filled 'anti-American' tomes. Those that pooh pooh any take other than 'multi-nationalism.' Hey, I'm not saying that isn't an ideology worth embracing, many do. Just that the deck is not just stacked in France, the other side is not being presented, that is selective censorship. Anyone who suggests so, is simply labeled, 'simple,' 'course,' or 'uneducated.' We may be 'backwards' but you can go into any bookstore in the US and find plenty of books arguing the French/UN route, as well as the 'US first' route. Which country is more democratic? Open-minded?

I'm not close-minded, be suer of it, if I were, I would insult you many times ago ;) read a lot, and try to nuderstand the maximum of thing in the world. It's why I'm here, to understant more and more, like about the presidential race. and i'm here also to make you change about the French and France.
Well, don't break your arm with that pat on the back. :rolleyes: I have purposely avoided posting to you, UNTIL you called out.

No, speaking of the hate filled 'anti-American' tomes. Those that pooh pooh any take other than 'multi-nationalism.' Hey, I'm not saying that isn't an ideology worth embracing, many do. Just that the deck is not just stacked in France, the other side is not being presented, that is selective censorship. Anyone who suggests so, is simply labeled, 'simple,' 'course,' or 'uneducated.' We may be 'backwards' but you can go into any bookstore in the US and find plenty of books arguing the French/UN route, as well as the 'US first' route. Which country is more democratic? Open-minded?

Yes, some anti US books are in the bookshops, with best sellers. But if you look wel,you will see books called " Le declin de la France"; or a lot of book who spoke of the France's fall........(phantasm for some authors). And also books upon US, like upon Bush - not all are against him - , or books on the US side for Iraq war. even in french TV : in some emission, talk between person for war and person against it.
Be sure that there is contradiction books, to respect all the point of view.

If France does not change it's 'lifestyle' you are going to find yourselves broke, sooner than later. Even Chirac gets that.

why ? and why the " " ?

Q: How do you take out a french tank?
A: The french have tanks?

-Spain cannot use fireworks anymore, the french will surrendur.
-Also, a chapter of the Boy Scouts of America now own a section of france, can you guess why? Thats right, they surrendered.
-The only war the french ever won was the french revolution, and that was against themselves.
-And what about the American Revolution? They showed up 15 hours before the war ended with a total of four-count 'em- four infantryman, and a lovely cannon that would look excellant on General Washington's mantle.

Forum List

Back