French Army

Q: How do you take out a french tank?
A: The french have tanks?

-Spain cannot use fireworks anymore, the french will surrendur.
-Also, a chapter of the Boy Scouts of America now own a section of france, can you guess why? Thats right, they surrendered.
-The only war the french ever won was the french revolution, and that was against themselves.
-And what about the American Revolution? They showed up 15 hours before the war ended with a total of four-count 'em- four infantryman, and a lovely cannon that would look excellant on General Washington's mantle.

If it would be funny, I'd probably laugh, but the fact is that I've read this kind of jokes maybe ten times.

Want a joke ? allright, you'll allow this to me, for all the jokes about France. thanks (it 'll certainly not make you laugh)

What's the difference between a british soldier in Iraq, a civilan in Iraq and a terrorist in Iraq ? Only the british and the civilian are killed by US soldiers...

padisha emperor said:
If it would be funny, I'd probably laugh, but the fact is that I've read this kind of jokes maybe ten times.

Want a joke ? allright, you'll allow this to me, for all the jokes about France. thanks (it 'll certainly not make you laugh)

What's the difference between a british soldier in Iraq, a civilan in Iraq and a terrorist in Iraq ? Only the british and the civilian are killed by US soldiers...

Yeah that did make me laugh. Not the joke itself, but on how ignorant people (you) could be. I for one would appreciate it if you would stop insulting my father and every other serviceman or servicewoman in the US Armed Forces. Those brave men and women changed their lifestyle, and now are even putting their lives on the line to ensure freedom in America and global security.You and I and the rest of USMB and the rest of the States owe them our upmost respect; something you obviously arent doing. I believe you are a lower form of life in America simply because you fail to acknowledge and respect those who are willing to fight, kill, and die to ensure you have your freedom to speak out. You have successfully abused that right by insulting our Soldiers. Why dont you move to France? You'll fit in quite well there, and we dont want you here.

Semper Fi said:
Why dont you move to France? You'll fit in quite well there, and we dont want you here.
Hey, he IS in France or at least is French citizen. :eek2:

Yeah that did make me laugh. Not the joke itself, but on how ignorant people (you) could be. I for one would appreciate it if you would stop insulting my father and every other serviceman or servicewoman in the US Armed Forces. Those brave men and women changed their lifestyle, and now are even putting their lives on the line to ensure freedom in America and global security.You and I and the rest of USMB and the rest of the States owe them our upmost respect; something you obviously arent doing. I believe you are a lower form of life in America simply because you fail to acknowledge and respect those who are willing to fight, kill, and die to ensure you have your freedom to speak out. You have successfully abused that right by insulting our Soldiers. Why dont you move to France? You'll fit in quite well there, and we dont want you here.

Semper Fi, my joke's aim was not to make you laugh,not at all. It was only a way for me to watch your reaction. And this one was exactly what I expect.
I say a lie, in my joke, and something bad about the US Army Corps. But you - I mean the persons on this board, with the "you" - did EXACTLY the same thing about France and the French Army and history. I put only one joke, you have a FULL THREAD about the french joke.
My joke wounds you. It irritates you. It's a normal reaction.
I put this joke here to show to you how it can be boring or sometimes irritating, and even wounding, when people say sopething wrong about your country.
You have seen that it is not funny when I put this joke. So, see that for me it is not funny when I read 100 jokes about french, at the end it's boring.

So, this bad joke was only to show to you what I feel sometimes. I hope that this "therapy by the shock" will well operate.

So, it was really not to insult the US troops. only to make you realize.

You don't accept that I said it because your father is in the Army.

But read that :

Q: How do you take out a french tank?
A: The french have tanks?

-Spain cannot use fireworks anymore, the french will surrendur.
-Also, a chapter of the Boy Scouts of America now own a section of france, can you guess why? Thats right, they surrendered.
-The only war the french ever won was the french revolution, and that was against themselves.-And what about the American Revolution? They showed up 15 hours before the war ended with a total of four-count 'em- four infantryman, and a lovely cannon that would look excellant on General Washington's mantle.

If you say I have no humour, I will say the same thing for you, it is the same thing :
you always insult France and french army and history.
My great-great-grandfather got the Military Cross during the WWI, my great-grand father fought in the Resistance, his brothzer died, killed by a german shooting squad, so....you'll easily understand that some of your jokes are not funny for me.

for the red sentences : The Leclerc, french tank, is the best tank in the world, his armour can resist to all.

second sentence : French revolution : 1789/1794 (I take a short time, i could also continue to 1799) : Not against French only : British landed in France, took Toulon, Bonaparte took again the place for France.
France was attack by Austria, Prussia, and won at Valmy (1792), Jemmapes (1792), Wattignies (1793), Fleurus(1794).........

Only to show you that your joke are lies, like mine.

Again : really not to hurt you, to wound you, only to show how irritating this kind of joke could be.
Friendly

The french have abandoned responsible policy and are fully consumed with being against america in whatever it attempts. For that they deserve the greater share of ridicule.

PHP:
[QUOTE=padisha emperor]Semper Fi, my joke's aim was not to make you laugh,not at all. It was only a way for me to watch your reaction. And this one was exactly what I expect.
I say a lie, in my joke, and something bad about the US Army Corps. But you - I mean the persons on this board, with the "you" -  did EXACTLY the same thing about France and the French Army and history. I put only one joke, you have a FULL THREAD about the french joke.
My joke wounds you. It irritates you. It's a normal reaction.
I put this joke here to show to you how it can be boring or sometimes irritating, and even wounding, when people say sopething wrong about your country.
You have seen that it is not funny when I put this joke. So, see that for me it is not funny when I read 100 jokes about french, at the end it's boring.

So, this bad joke was only to show to you what I feel sometimes. I hope that this "therapy by the shock" will well operate.

So, it was really not to insult the US troops. only to make you realize.

You don't accept that I said it because your father is in the Army.

But read that : 

If you say I have no humour, I will say the same thing for you, it is the same thing : 
you always insult France and french army and history.
My great-great-grandfather got the Military Cross during the WWI, my great-grand father fought in the Resistance, his brothzer died, killed by a german shooting squad, so....you'll easily understand that some of your jokes are not funny for me.

for the red sentences : The Leclerc, french tank, is the best tank in the world, his armour can resist to all.

second sentence : French revolution : 1789/1794 (I take a short time, i could also continue to 1799) : Not against French only : British landed in France, took Toulon, Bonaparte took again the place for France. 
France was attack by Austria, Prussia, and won at Valmy (1792), Jemmapes (1792), Wattignies (1793), Fleurus(1794).........

Only to show you that your joke are lies, like mine.

Again : really not to hurt you, to wound you, only to show how irritating this kind of joke could be.
Friendly[/QUOTE
Maybe you could send part of you army to protect people form the slaughter in the Sudan before everyone there is dead or do you consider that to be interfering with the sovereignty of of another country?

And you, why after Iraq don't you go to North Korea, lot of bad things here too.... Concentration camps, like the nazi's ones, and if your grandfather was arrested and puted in one of these camps, your father and you will be here too.
The humanitary situation is awful. o, I ask to you the same question.

For the atrocities in Sudan, the UNO has to do something.

Hey people do not forget, it was french who helped us to stop Godzilla in NY, by finding its nests. Viva la france :D

padisha emperor said:
And you, why after Iraq don't you go to North Korea, lot of bad things here too.... Concentration camps, like the nazi's ones, and if your grandfather was arrested and puted in one of these camps, your father and you will be here too.
The humanitary situation is awful. o, I ask to you the same question.

For the atrocities in Sudan, the UNO has to do something.

Why does France need the permission of the UN to save people from genocide. Does your country even think this is a bit strange?

padisha emperor said:
Yes, but i'm not at the head of the government.

You speak of Sudan, but lot of other countries need help.
And don't tell me that USA went in Iraq to save lives.....

I suppose France was waiting for the US to do it again as we inevitably will do. Too bad there are no other Free nations of the world that oppose tyranny and oppression of fellow human beings.

padisha emperor said:
Actually i would argue part of it was to save lives. Maybe it was not directly implied or said at the begining, but i believe removing saddam and changing form of government in iraq saved more iraqis in the long run.

drac said:
Actually i would argue part of it was to save lives. Maybe it was not directly implied or said at the begining, but i believe removing saddam and changing form of government in iraq saved more iraqis in the long run.

That could definitely be argued but it was more so that we give those people a chance to truely live. Not to save their lives.

padisha emperor said:
Yes, but i'm not at the head of the government.

You speak of Sudan, but lot of other countries need help.

We did go into Iraq to save lives, the same reason we marched into Germany in '45.

-Hitler genocides the Jews and ethnic minorities
-Hussein genocides the Kurds *using WMDs*

-Hitler blitzes through Europe
-Hussein invades Iran and Kuwait

-Hiter was a dictor and a tyrant
-Hussein was a dictator and a tyrant

Do you see any similarites here? If you dont think that going into Iraq wasn't a good idea, then you also disagree with WWII. If thats the case, then Im sorry that thousands of our boys ran into your hell-hole of a country and died to free you. If that is the case, you should at least pay us back for the deaths of thousands of husbands, boyfriends, fathers and sons.

And about your joke theory. Me making a petty crack about the french not having tanks is a far cry from saying my dad kills civilians. You are from france, correct? I'll put your white flag nation on a list of places not to visit.

insein said:
That could definitely be argued but it was more so that we give those people a chance to truely live. Not to save their lives.
It is definately true that one goal was to free iraqis and improve thier lives through the establishing of some sort of democratic goverment. I would suggest that saving lives comes as an extension of that. Also, Semper Fi has some good points on this topic in the post above.

Semper Fi said:
.....You are from france, correct? I'll put your white flag nation on a list of places not to visit.
It is a beautiful country with great history/food..., it would be your lost, not his.

Forum List

Back