French Army

Semper Fi, I think you have not understand what I mean in my message after the joke, or thazt you do it on purpose.

It was only to show you that how irritating this kind of joke can be.

For your last post : "white flag nation"....No.

And like said Drac, it will be bad for you, nt for me. i can see France every days. Neither do you. And even if you don't like French, you'll certainly like France.
(i don't like the actual man in the White House, but I like this builiding, it is nice ;) ).

Don't imagine that I am your ennemy.

padisha emperor said:
Semper Fi, I think you have not understand what I mean in my message after the joke, or thazt you do it on purpose.

It was only to show you that how irritating this kind of joke can be.

For your last post : "white flag nation"....No.

And like said Drac, it will be bad for you, nt for me. i can see France every days. Neither do I. And even if you don't like French, you'll certainly like France.
(i don't like the actual man in the White House, but I like this builiding, it is nice ;) ).

Don't imagine that I am your ennemy.

Let's see. You knock all we hold dear, ok except the building, the White House as an ediface. You say you are 'joking' or making an 'illustration'. Most of us have posted reasons we are at least 'angry' at France, as well as some other supposed 'allies.' You claim we hate, while you educate. I claim you are a hypocrite.

Most of us have posted reasons we are at least 'angry' at France, as well as some other supposed 'allies.' You claim we hate, while you educate. I claim you are a hypocrite.

Explain why I am an hypocrite. maybe I will change.

You are allowed to be angry, lke everybody. It' s your feelings.
But you have not to be angry at France. Why ? It's easy.

You can be angry at Chirac, at the french government. But not at France, the country.
I saw people who didn't want to go in France or that they wasted drink french wines. Even the french fries were named "freedom fries".
It is stupid. the country of France has no relation with war : did the Eiffel tower, the Louvre, Paris... something against USA ? No.

I don't like Bush. But I don't hate USA, I find that it is a nice country, I went twice in.
I fond that some things are bad, but with no relation with Bush.

So, if you are angr, be angry, but at Chirac and Government.

(and if you say that the frnch population elect chirac and the government, i will answer that to you : Chirac was elected with more than 82 % because we didn't want of Le Pen. And after, Chirac was President, so French voted for the deputies who were on the side of chirac - right - because it is better for the country when the government and the President are on the same politic side.)

padisha emperor said:
Explain why I am an hypocrite. maybe I will change.

You are allowed to be angry, lke everybody. It' s your feelings.
But you have not to be angry at France. Why ? It's easy.
You act as though Americans are reacting in an unreasonable way to the treatment of the French. As you said yourself, there have been protests against the US by over a million marchers, mayber it was 50million? Whatever. (in the sake of language clarity, that was a weak attempt at sarcasm, hyperbole.)

Hey, we both know you will not change, like I posted, which you ignored, we have no delusions that our opinions on Chirac or anything else you people hold opinions on are under our influence, nor should they be. IF only you all could learn the same. What a joke, European newspapers running mock elections on US presidential race. Like we SHOULD care???

You can be angry at Chirac, at the french government. But not at France, the country. I saw people who didn't want to go in France or that they wasted drink french wines. Even the french fries were named "freedom fries". It is stupid. the country of France has no relation with war : did the Eiffel tower, the Louvre, Paris... something against USA ? No.
Wrong you are in toto. IF the people of France were saying that US might not be 'all wrong' or 'had points' that would be different. Look at the above about the marches. Hey, you all feel free to march, protest, whatever. Just remember, actions have reactions. I would not buy French wine, cheese, perfume for any reason. If I was given as a gift, I would return if possible, I WOULD NOT pass it on. I do not HATE the French people. Just find the government and the electorate irrelevant and a threat to my country. Hey, no offense.

I don't like Bush. But I don't hate USA, I find that it is a nice country, I went twice in. I fond that some things are bad, but with no relation with Bush.
Don't really care about your opinion. Now if you chose to move here and take citizenship, that would be different, in the meantime, we thank you for spending your money. :thup:

So, if you are angr, be angry, but at Chirac and Government.
Notice not once did I tell you what to think, feel, believe? Do the same. I can be angry how and at whom I wish.

(and if you say that the frnch population elect chirac and the government, i will answer that to you : Chirac was elected with more than 82 % because we didn't want of Le Pen. And after, Chirac was President, so French voted for the deputies who were on the side of chirac - right - because it is better for the country when the government and the President are on the same politic side.)
My opinion was that Le Pen would have been a disaster, but again, my opinion was worth what you paid for it.

My opinion was that Le Pen would have been a disaster, but again, my opinion was worth what you paid for it.

If you mean that if Le Pen has been elected it would be a calamity, I agree.
I don't like this man.
And his party.
So i agree with you and fing that your opinion is worthy ;)

When you say that you 'll not buy french products, i think it is a little stupid.
Of course, it will prejudice to french produceers. But not really big. so you take money for people who have no realtion with french government's decision.
And also stupid because you prejudice to yourself. I explain : the french cheese, perfume, clothes, wines, food are world-known, they are really good.
So if you bought it before, it prejudice to you.
If you bought not it.....it was a mistake :D :D (humour)

padisha emperor said:
If you mean that if Le Pen has been elected it would be a calamity, I agree.
I don't like this man.
And his party.
So i agree with you and fing that your opinion is worthy ;)

When you say that you 'll not buy french products, i think it is a little stupid.
Of course, it will prejudice to french produceers. But not really big. so you take money for people who have no realtion with french government's decision.
And also stupid because you prejudice to yourself. I explain : the french cheese, perfume, clothes, wines, food are world-known, they are really good.
So if you bought it before, it prejudice to you.
If you bought not it.....it was a mistake :D :D (humour)

I've had plenty of French products, they are good. However, there are others that are also very good, some better. American made perfumes. Australian, Italian, and American wines. American cheese, not the type but made. American cheese only acceptable on burgers, though cheddar better and grilled cheese, munster is better, but Wisconsin munster rocks.

See french guy, I choose where I spend my money. There are many producers who make goods that can meet my wants. I understand that the French people, even the guys in the wine fields, they too make choices. If they wish to boycott our country, well, we'll try to struggle through. If they choose to vacation in Iran, well, I wish them well.

Of course the french cheese taste not good in Cheesebutrger : french cheese should not been eat hot. except in a "fondue".

You can compare the french cheese with US cheese, it is really not the same kind of cheese. Like you can't compare the french camembert or Roquefort with the dutch Gouda. It is not the same thing. the 3 are good, but it is really not the same kind of taste.

For the wines, i know that Australia made good wines, but lots of australians produceers cheat : In France the wine become old in oak barrels. It take time. In Australia, they become old in iron barrels, in which people put some pieces of oak. It really not the same thing.
The expert say that the taste change, but the person who is not an expert in wine find that it is the same thing. Of course, the Australian, easier to do, are cheaper. ;)

Doesn't matter, I never say that you should have to buy french products. ;)

padisha emperor said:
Of course the french cheese taste not good in Cheesebutrger : french cheese should not been eat hot. except in a "fondue".

You can compare the french cheese with US cheese, it is really not the same kind of cheese. Like you can't compare the french camembert or Roquefort with the dutch Gouda. It is not the same thing. the 3 are good, but it is really not the same kind of taste.

For the wines, i know that Australia made good wines, but lots of australians produceers cheat : In France the wine become old in oak barrels. It take time. In Australia, they become old in iron barrels, in which people put some pieces of oak. It really not the same thing.
The expert say that the taste change, but the person who is not an expert in wine find that it is the same thing. Of course, the Australian, easier to do, are cheaper. ;)

Doesn't matter, I never say that you should have to buy french products. ;)

Padisha, not laughing at you, but you have absolutely no idea, I think, how ridiculous you sound right now. Most Americans, unless they are trying to impress the boss or inlaws, care about which name is on a label for food, cheese or anything else. It's all about HOW IT TASTES or works. Surely goes with wine! Believe me, if it's made in old army boots but tastes fine, well to hell with your oak barrels. The Australians may or may not be using the wooden barrels, oak or not, but their wines kick ass, which many are discovering since they've started looking.

Believe me, if it's made in old army boots but tastes fine, well to hell with your oak barrels.

Nice sentence ;)
the facts is that they - the wines - are good, but not SO good than the french wines - or the wines with oak barrels -
And after, they - australians - call their wine "Bordeaux"........

But it is not the subject, even if you beleive that French soldiers are long days drunk with wine. ;)

So i will post some things in relation with the french army

padisha emperor said:
Nice sentence ;)
the facts is that they - the wines - are good, but not SO good than the french wines - or the wines with oak barrels -
And after, they - australians - call their wine "Bordeaux"........

But it is not the subject, even if you beleive that French soldiers are long days drunk with wine. ;)

So i will post some things in relation with the french army

Well then you should be happy that so many feel the way I do, more for you. Enjoy.

So, we'll see the french equipment, because the subject is the french army. If you want post pics of US army, do it, you're welcome.

leclerc.jpg

Leclerc_Char_InAction_FR_19.jpg.jpg

pics of the AMX Leclerc, french tank, a really excellent battle tank, with a 120mm gun.

famas.gif

classic shape of FAMAS, french assault rifle.

bv2065_5.jpg

BV 2065 vehicles. Here in Kosovo

4.jpg

AMX 10 RC (here during the Gulf war)

daguet_1.jpg

armoured truck shooting. (again gulf war)

vab-fr.jpg

VAB (in Saudi Arabia)

mat-007_petit.jpg

VBL (Kosovo)

I'll put another pics, of the french artillery vehicles like the Roland 2, the LRM, TRF-1, AUF-1...., with the french helicos - Tigre, Gazelle, Fennec... - and with the french soldiers of course, the Infantry - with the Legion Etrangère - the Special Forces.......

And another pics of the french fleet and Air Force

Hope it was pleasant.

What is your point? We know you have soldiers and toys. You also have nuclear weapons, which Chirac seems to think is your best defense.

after Kathianne, don't tell me I am close minded...YOU are close-minded.
You only listen to your own point of view, don't care about the other one, only if they think like you. When somebody think different things, you say he is close minded, because he think not like you......I think that I did and i still do more efforts to understand you - it means the people on this board - than You - Kathianne - to understand me.
the fact I 'm french makes that you are hostile with me, even if I say something good. I don't mean that everybody do that, some are fair here. But the reputation : good example of the close-mind : if somebody think different, he would have a bad reputation.
why ? because instead of trying to understand his point of view, or to correct him if he did a mistake, instead of looking too his thoughts, too see what he thinks, to see if it may be not be good, instead of all these things, some of you directly attack : no time taken to understand, to correct, directly insults or reply to show how stupid this person is.

I find it quite sad.
if you're so open minded Kathianne, try to take the time to nuderstand instead of reply with hostility because I think different things than you.

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit.

(I don't say that for this reply from you particularly, but I have to say it)

Now, France : You know we have toys, good. I put these pics here only to show that your jokes are dumb. because I'm sure that some of you with the time begin to believe that french army is a big shit.
The toys like you said, are the best - or not far - weapons of the world : Leclerc, FAMAS, Rafale, VBL..........

the nuclear weapon : France has this to protect itself, of course. But it is a weapon of dissuasion.
USA and USSR believe also that the nuclear weapons were their best way of defense. otherwise, why did they product so many of nuke missiles ?

Does France plan to use it's army only if it is attacked ? If a foreign country is threatening French lives elsewhere in the world would you use this army?

for the moment, no contry threat France. Some terrorists, mayben, but not a full country.
So our army is used to make peace operation, like in Kosovo, or in Ivory Coast, in Haiti.

If terrorists threat France, I think that France would send the Forces Speciales and the COS - Special forces and the special ops HQ - to neutralize the terrorists. I don't think that we'll attack a full country.

the Army, even if it not use always, to attck, is a defense way. A strong army is a dissuasion force, Like he nuke weapon.
;)

padisha emperor said:
for the moment, no contry threat France. Some terrorists, mayben, but not a full country.
So our army is used to make peace operation, like in Kosovo, or in Ivory Coast, in Haiti.

If terrorists threat France, I think that France would send the Forces Speciales and the COS - Special forces and the special ops HQ - to neutralize the terrorists. I don't think that we'll attack a full country.

the Army, even if it not use always, to attck, is a defense way. A strong army is a dissuasion force, Like he nuke weapon.
;)

The Fench militarty is fairly good. They have pretty good equipment and is also fairly well trained. That being said, they do have some inherent problems. For example, their command and control (C2) structure is not as modern as the other equipment. This leaves them somewhat vulnerable against forces with better C2 and can make decisions faster. The French Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance infrastructure is somewhat antiquated as well when compared to the rest of their military, which is also a vulnerability.

I also agree that a strong military can be a deterent.

dilloduck said:
and the Maginot Line was going to keep Germany out too! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

True enough. Every military has it's boondoggles (the US Army's York gun was a dismal failure!) but the Maginot Line was a biggy. Of course, the maginot line was based on the experiences of WW I. What is that old saw about "fighting the last war"?

German turn around the Maginot line.
the conception was excellent, but the placement was bad.
And in was 64 years ago. Things change ;)

I agree with you CSM.
except on the point of the Inetlligence : the french intelligence is really good. several elite units are intelligence unit - example : 17e Hussard -.
These units can do everything and always be unvisible.
They're really good.
And the french special forces are excellent. the GIGN is the better-know, but it is not the better. even the specila force do intelligence mission, some of them are only fot that. THe french military in,telligence is really excellent.
If you spoke of the civil intelligence, it's different. I think that like you said, the structure can be changed.

But I agree about the command, some thing have too change....but it is in the way to.

;)

Forum List

Back