Freedom of the Press in America falls again.

Thank you Donal;d Trump & his band of feeble minded followers for putting the USA at 48th place in countries ranked by freedom of the press.

2019 World Press Freedom Index | Reporters Without Borders

Freedom of the press is an important aspect to democracy.

Trump hates this. Why? The Mueller report sheds light on just how disgusting the Trump administration actually is. How badly he has duped the Trumpettes.

What kind of fricken moron wants to diminish the freedom of the press?

It's the same rating under Obama. In fact it's 1 slot worse in 2015. How dumb could you possibly be???

World press freedom index.
Wow, You & Trump are mental twins. Both dishonesty fucks.

How many years under Obama did you have to look to find that rating?
All 8? So you know of all the years in the 20's.

But noooooooo. Being a dishonest fuck you drag out the one year in the upper 40's. Typical Trumpette.

Man up and own it. You've been "Trumped" on your own thread, and it only took a few of us 30 seconds to google the rebuttal. So pathetic.

Freedom of the press includes the press having access to the truth from our government officials.

I guess we should swear in the White House people before they address a press conference?

No, Freedom of the Press is defined as the ability to write any story.

The Declaration of Human Rights from 1948 has it that freedom is the expression. In other words, you have the right to say anything you want, but that doesnā€™t mean that someone has to provide you with the information you want. Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Wikipedia

Now, do I wish that the Press would cover other stories? Yes I do. I wish they would discuss the obvious violations of the Right to Privacy that is Stingray, The NSAā€™s Data Centers, the tapping of International Data Lines, and I could go on, and on, and on.

But we donā€™t see many stories about that. It doesnā€™t mean that the Press is not free to write the stories, it just means they donā€™t.

Iā€™d love to see some stories on the Routine Lies told by the police day in and out. Iā€™d love to see some stories on how the police departments encourage and reward the Blue Wall Of Silence. Iā€™d love to see stories where Prosecutors are asked to defend their complicity in these things. I donā€™t read many if any stories about it, but that doesnā€™t mean the Press isnā€™t free to write them. It just means theyā€™re too lazy.

The Press has written exhaustively about all the imaginary Russian Links that Trump has. None of them vanished in the night, and none of them saw their news offices closed and a big Censored sign slapped on it. In fact, the Press is only hounded by others when they write a story that isnā€™t critical of Trump. The others they are hounded by are the radical left. Not Government forces.

Today in Washington, there is no shortage of people willing to talk to the Press. Tell them that Trump is going to be indicted, arrested, deported to Mars, whatever. That none of it is true doesnā€™t mean the Press isnā€™t free. It just means that the Press is chasing stories, and willing to suspend disbelief to get an outcome they desire.

So, the Russians arte known to interfere in Trump's favor. Trump lied about his campaign's Russian contacts. Trump lied about his business in Russia, Trump campaign advisor got caught in Russia wire tap, an investigation is launched & the press is not supposed to report on it.

I get it.

They have reported on NOTHING else since the rumors broke. The problem is that most people are now inoculated against it. They donā€™t care. Because what the truth is, turns out to be very different. The worst thing that happened was the Steel Dossier. Because it was so salacious and outrageous, that any truth that might have been found, couldnā€™t compare.

Itā€™s like claiming you have proof that your wife cheated on you with the entire Hockey Team. Then the truth comes out, and she slept with a guy who had season tickets to the Hockey Games. Yeah, she cheated, but nothing nearly as bad as you claimed, and it becomes a so what issue.

The charges, and claims, were all either completely shot down, or at worst, only tangentially verified. Claim Trump had illegal contacts with Wikileaks to arrange the theft of the DNC emails with Russian Assistance. Truth, after the emails were stolen, the Trump Campaign called to find out what was in the damned things. That isnā€™t illegal, or anything approaching the claims. It may be slimy, or unethical, but compared to what was alleged by wild eyed lunatics it is the equivalent of jaywalking. Nobody is going to care.

Claim Trump obstructed Justice by instructing people to refuse to cooperate with the investigation. Nonsense. First, everyone has the Fifth Amendment Right to shut the hell up. Telling someone you have the right to shut the hell up, and I would personally appreciate it if you did is not obstructing Justice. But what was proven beyond a doubt? The existence of the alleged ā€œdeep state conspiracyā€ to target political opponents. Why are you not the least bit upset that the Government turned itā€™s attention to political opponents like it did? Is it because the target was Trump?

One thing Iā€™ve noticed in my life, nobody expects the rule changes to bite them in the ass. Democrats to get past Republican Obstructionism, changed the rule that required a Supermajority to end debate to vote on Judges. Instead changing it to a simple majority which they had. That is fine, and dandy, what we need to do to fill vacancies in the courts. Republicans use the same rule, and they are awful, terrible, and evil for limiting debate and putting unqualified judges on the bench. The same rule, applied the exact same way, and itā€™s just not fair now.

But all that aside, we were talking about freedom of the press werenā€™t we?

Free Speech Puts U.S. on ā€˜a Collision Courseā€™ With Global Limits on Big Tech

It isnā€™t the Government of the United States limiting Free Speech. It is the Tech and the Media. We are not going to allow hate speech. Hate Speech is what we say it is, and it is merely a curiosity, or our patriotic duty, depending on the speaker, that we use it to silence our political opponents.

You want to know who is screwing this up, it isnā€™t the Right. It isnā€™t the Government. It is folks like you who demand that Twitter shut down feeds you disagree with. It is folks like you who cheer Facebook for shutting down ā€œhate groupsā€ or Hate Speech.

What you should be doing, and what I do when someone says something I think is stupid, or just racist or whatever. Thank God for the First Amendment. I prefer those idiots be out there speaking, because when you try and silence them, all you do is get more people to turn to them to hear what horrible things they are saying. The same way that banning books got people to read them. Fahrenheit 451 is a terrible book. It would have gone the way of the Dodo by now except that morons keep putting it on the banned book list. The only reason it is relevant in any way is that it is constantly objected to by small minded idiots.

Half the rock bands of the 1980ā€™s only had the careers they did, because Tipper Gore and the Washington Wives objected to the songs. You could get a Gold Record out of being listed by them amid demands for restrictions to prevent it. Every kid rushed out and bought a Tape or CD when they came out, to hear what it was they werenā€™t supposed to hear.

Womenā€™s groups today object to Grand Theft Auto where the player gets points for raping and killing a woman. This game would be a minor phenom without those objections. It isnā€™t especially original or anything. But thank God that the people objecting are unable to resist screaming insanely. Because that makes the game sell out faster, and the makers add in even more of it to keep the objections coming.

Think it through. A nutter is on the street screaming that the Devil is among us. Nobody pays him any attention. The cops show up to arrest him for disturbing the peace. Everyone pays attention. Let the nutters scream, and theyā€™re harmless. Nobody pays any attention to them. Oh a few might, but theyā€™re nutters too.

Want to see Press Freedom skyrocket? Stop trying to silence anyone who disagrees with you.

The press isnā€™t suppressed this is a left wing nut, who is trying to make Trump look bad. The criteria to make this list is also questionable.

Dave is a left wing partisan hack, he just loves his left wing spin on everything, dishonest yes, effective yes.
Like Trump needs help looking bad. My God.

How would you know Trump looks bad? Oh, from the press that you claim is suppressed. Again proving you are proving yourself wrong.

Last edited:
Thank you Donal;d Trump & his band of feeble minded followers for putting the USA at 48th place in countries ranked by freedom of the press.

Trump hates this. Why? The Mueller report sheds light on just how disgusting the Trump administration actually is. How badly he has duped the Trumpettes.

It's the same rating under Obama. In fact it's 1 slot worse in 2015. How dumb could you possibly be???

But noooooooo. Being a dishonest fuck you drag out the one year in the upper 40's. Typical Trumpette.

Man up and own it. You've been "Trumped" on your own thread, and it only took a few of us 30 seconds to google the rebuttal. So pathetic.

Trump can only produce 20,000 jobs in a month.

That is using your logic.

No, Freedom of the Press is defined as the ability to write any story.

The Declaration of Human Rights from 1948 has it that freedom is the expression. In other words, you have the right to say anything you want, but that doesnā€™t mean that someone has to provide you with the information you want. Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Wikipedia

Now, do I wish that the Press would cover other stories? Yes I do. I wish they would discuss the obvious violations of the Right to Privacy that is Stingray, The NSAā€™s Data Centers, the tapping of International Data Lines, and I could go on, and on, and on.

But we donā€™t see many stories about that. It doesnā€™t mean that the Press is not free to write the stories, it just means they donā€™t.

Iā€™d love to see some stories on the Routine Lies told by the police day in and out. Iā€™d love to see some stories on how the police departments encourage and reward the Blue Wall Of Silence. Iā€™d love to see stories where Prosecutors are asked to defend their complicity in these things. I donā€™t read many if any stories about it, but that doesnā€™t mean the Press isnā€™t free to write them. It just means theyā€™re too lazy.

The Press has written exhaustively about all the imaginary Russian Links that Trump has. None of them vanished in the night, and none of them saw their news offices closed and a big Censored sign slapped on it. In fact, the Press is only hounded by others when they write a story that isnā€™t critical of Trump. The others they are hounded by are the radical left. Not Government forces.

Today in Washington, there is no shortage of people willing to talk to the Press. Tell them that Trump is going to be indicted, arrested, deported to Mars, whatever. That none of it is true doesnā€™t mean the Press isnā€™t free. It just means that the Press is chasing stories, and willing to suspend disbelief to get an outcome they desire.

So, the Russians arte known to interfere in Trump's favor. Trump lied about his campaign's Russian contacts. Trump lied about his business in Russia, Trump campaign advisor got caught in Russia wire tap, an investigation is launched & the press is not supposed to report on it.

I get it.

They have reported on NOTHING else since the rumors broke. The problem is that most people are now inoculated against it. They donā€™t care. Because what the truth is, turns out to be very different. The worst thing that happened was the Steel Dossier. Because it was so salacious and outrageous, that any truth that might have been found, couldnā€™t compare.

Itā€™s like claiming you have proof that your wife cheated on you with the entire Hockey Team. Then the truth comes out, and she slept with a guy who had season tickets to the Hockey Games. Yeah, she cheated, but nothing nearly as bad as you claimed, and it becomes a so what issue.

The charges, and claims, were all either completely shot down, or at worst, only tangentially verified. Claim Trump had illegal contacts with Wikileaks to arrange the theft of the DNC emails with Russian Assistance. Truth, after the emails were stolen, the Trump Campaign called to find out what was in the damned things. That isnā€™t illegal, or anything approaching the claims. It may be slimy, or unethical, but compared to what was alleged by wild eyed lunatics it is the equivalent of jaywalking. Nobody is going to care.

Claim Trump obstructed Justice by instructing people to refuse to cooperate with the investigation. Nonsense. First, everyone has the Fifth Amendment Right to shut the hell up. Telling someone you have the right to shut the hell up, and I would personally appreciate it if you did is not obstructing Justice. But what was proven beyond a doubt? The existence of the alleged ā€œdeep state conspiracyā€ to target political opponents. Why are you not the least bit upset that the Government turned itā€™s attention to political opponents like it did? Is it because the target was Trump?

One thing Iā€™ve noticed in my life, nobody expects the rule changes to bite them in the ass. Democrats to get past Republican Obstructionism, changed the rule that required a Supermajority to end debate to vote on Judges. Instead changing it to a simple majority which they had. That is fine, and dandy, what we need to do to fill vacancies in the courts. Republicans use the same rule, and they are awful, terrible, and evil for limiting debate and putting unqualified judges on the bench. The same rule, applied the exact same way, and itā€™s just not fair now.

Free Speech Puts U.S. on ā€˜a Collision Courseā€™ With Global Limits on Big Tech

It isnā€™t the Government of the United States limiting Free Speech. It is the Tech and the Media. We are not going to allow hate speech. Hate Speech is what we say it is, and it is merely a curiosity, or our patriotic duty, depending on the speaker, that we use it to silence our political opponents.

You want to know who is screwing this up, it isnā€™t the Right. It isnā€™t the Government. It is folks like you who demand that Twitter shut down feeds you disagree with. It is folks like you who cheer Facebook for shutting down ā€œhate groupsā€ or Hate Speech.

What you should be doing, and what I do when someone says something I think is stupid, or just racist or whatever. Thank God for the First Amendment. I prefer those idiots be out there speaking, because when you try and silence them, all you do is get more people to turn to them to hear what horrible things they are saying. The same way that banning books got people to read them. Fahrenheit 451 is a terrible book. It would have gone the way of the Dodo by now except that morons keep putting it on the banned book list. The only reason it is relevant in any way is that it is constantly objected to by small minded idiots.

Half the rock bands of the 1980ā€™s only had the careers they did, because Tipper Gore and the Washington Wives objected to the songs. You could get a Gold Record out of being listed by them amid demands for restrictions to prevent it. Every kid rushed out and bought a Tape or CD when they came out, to hear what it was they werenā€™t supposed to hear.

Womenā€™s groups today object to Grand Theft Auto where the player gets points for raping and killing a woman. This game would be a minor phenom without those objections. It isnā€™t especially original or anything. But thank God that the people objecting are unable to resist screaming insanely. Because that makes the game sell out faster, and the makers add in even more of it to keep the objections coming.

Think it through. A nutter is on the street screaming that the Devil is among us. Nobody pays him any attention. The cops show up to arrest him for disturbing the peace. Everyone pays attention. Let the nutters scream, and theyā€™re harmless. Nobody pays any attention to them. Oh a few might, but theyā€™re nutters too.

Want to see Press Freedom skyrocket? Stop trying to silence anyone who disagrees with you.

The press isnā€™t suppressed this is a left wing nut, who is trying to make Trump look bad. The criteria to make this list is also questionable.

Dave is a left wing partisan hack, he just loves his left wing spin on everything, dishonest yes, effective yes.

How would you know Trump looks bad? Oh, from the press that you claim is suppressed. Again proving you are proving yourself wrong.

So the Press is misquoting Trump, making up fake videos.

CNN spent the entire last 2 years not stop reporting on a non event
Wow, so there was no investigation & Mueller never existed.
Yet we rank 48th. Wow, you must be so proud.
Thanks to scum such as you.
Dave was proud when Obama had us ranked 49th!
Overall, Obama had a better record than Trump. You loooooooooove Trump.

Overall now is your stance? Yet, you have yet listed what is restricting the press. So far nothing.

I get it.

I didnā€™t say that, since you are getting all the news and the press isnā€™t restricted, your whole thread is BS. There is no suppression of the press in this country. You are a fraud and proved yourself to be a fraud. Nice work.

RealDave is a FAKEDAVE. He is a fraud and deceitful.

Notice how this Trumpette uses the same method as his orange buddy to try to hide his lied & dishonesty. Declaring the source as fake.

I didnā€™t say that, since you are getting all the news and the press isnā€™t restricted, your whole thread is BS. There is no suppression of the press in this country. You are a fraud and proved yourself to be a fraud. Nice work.
So T The suppression is when you & your ilk call the press liars fr reporting it. All directed by Trump. Trump curtails the freedom of the press by declaring them lisrs & enemies of the people. And people like you are duped.

Freedom of the press.

Freedom to say or write anything you want without fear of arrest. Yes.

Freedom to lie. Yes..

Freedom to badger others into believing the lies. No.

There is is. No freedom of the press.

I notice that Dave has utterly ignored my cogent and well considered reply explaining everything to him. I am not surprised. The people who are now championing Freedom of the Press, are the same ones who for the last year have been demanding and cheering whenever someone who they disagree with has their Twitter feed shut down, or Facebook account closed, or web service closed for Hate Speech.

Freedom of the Press, and Freedom of Speech are inexorably linked. You canā€™t have one, without the other. Dave canā€™t give us examples of the Press Freedom being abridged, although I would admit that having Journalists in jail over printing secret documents is a problem, and a problem not only for Trump, but for Obama, Bush, Clinton, and all those right back to the dawn of the 20th Century.

If I have a secret, it is incumbent upon me not to tell anyone. If I do tell someone, blaming them, a person who at no time swore to keep the Secret, for repeating it is asinine. Then again, I think the entire thing is a terrible idea.

The Press is free to report on anything they want. For two years, weā€™ve heard nothing but Trump and Russia. Every news story somehow mutates into it.

And now Bob, how are things looking as Hurricane Francis passes by the United States without even making landfall.

Reporter on calm beach on sunny day. Well Jim, things here are calm, but the lack of emergency services for a storm that didnā€™t make landfall can only be explained by how President Trump is distracted by the increasing Scandal concerning his being a total fucking Puppet for the Russians.

Bob I understand that Trump had ordered the National Guard placed on alert and made them ready to deploy to save lives.

Jim, the official story was that the National Guard was prepared, but thanks to the quick action of the Resist Movement, a secret plan to cede North Carolina to Russian Dictator Putin was thwarted at the last minute.

Every news story, no matter how minor, was turned into a Trump bashing event. A win by a College Football team? The people in the background holding signs screaming that Trump is Hitler. Alec Baldwin spent more time on Saturday Night Live pretending to be Trump than actually acting in you know paid shows. Every celebrity appearance was a celebration of the Resist Movement.

It wasnā€™t that the Press didnā€™t cover Trump. It is that they beat the horse to dust and kept pounding on the sand until it was gone.

It has not been diminished by trump regardless of what some self serving group claims.
So, you assfucks aren't running in circles screaming "OMG OMG Fake News!!!".

2015 Obama had us at 49th, why werenā€™t you concerned why Obama was stifling free press? Britain isnā€™t allowed to identify Terrorists religion if they are Muslim. Canada has strict rules regarding what can be broadcast on their networks, yet both are rated above the United States.

Can you explain why it is only now that you are concerned?
I cant speak about Canada but your point about the UK is incorrect.

It has not been diminished by trump regardless of what some self serving group claims.

2015 Obama had us at 49th, why werenā€™t you concerned why Obama was stifling free press? Britain isnā€™t allowed to identify Terrorists religion if they are Muslim. Canada has strict rules regarding what can be broadcast on their networks, yet both are rated above the United States.

It is in fact correct

In the UK they openly arrest and prosecute for saying the wrong thing.

Which is thought crime.

Your nation has become a fascist one and we are better off.

That is irrefutable fact

What do you call as 'press'?
Lying corporative presstitutes who hardly pushing NWO agenda of their owners.
95% of all 'medias' are rubbish and shall be closed.
At first CNN and NYT

Notice how this Trumpette uses the same method as his orange buddy to try to hide his lied & dishonesty. Declaring the source as fake.

Notice that they only one I said that was fake, was YOU!!! Because you lie and fabricate. Never did I say in this thread that a news source was fake. AGAIN YOU LIE!!!!

It is in fact correct

Which is thought crime.

That is irrefutable fact
People who spread hate get arrested and rightly so, And our press freedoms are still greater than yours.Read it and weep.

It is in fact correct

Which is thought crime.

That is irrefutable fact
People who spread hate get arrested and rightly so, And our press freedoms are still greater than yours.Read it and weep.
No they are not our freedom of the press is vastly greater than yours and that is a fact. Your nation has no freedom of the press and the press in your primitive has been empire can only write what is approved,

Hate is nothing more than a thought and emotion and no one should be arrested for what everyone has the right to.

Your nation is fascist eurotrash scum and backwards primitive nation enforcing thought crime.
\
Your nation is a shameful regressive shit stain on human civilization

Your scummy modern people have betrayed the legacy of the great men who fought hitler because YOU PERSONALLY just embraced the same standard that YOU and your savage backwards government has the right to control what people say and think.

Forum List

Back