Freedom and religion are enemies.

By definition, religion requires giving up freedoms and rights.

That's the attitude of a young child, who thinks that his parents are mean, because they make him eat healthy food instead of candy, make him go to school, insist that he look both ways before crossing the street, and in all other ways deprive him of the “freedom” that he thinks he should have.

The US Constitution should read : "Freedom from religion", not "Freedom of religion". Maybe it's a typo? Because religions shouldn't be free to do what they want to people.

So we should ban religion...or just the one's you don't like? How very Maoist of you. How'd that work out for soviet Russia?
Not ban them, you can't ban stupid. But have freedom from religion so that people can't keep shoving it in your face, it would be understood by even simpletons that the freedom on religion is not on religion's side, but on the individuals side. Like saying that your religion forbids you from serving gays, that wouldn't even be an issue anymore, religion is automatically on the wrong side, so shut up and either serve them or quit.

Okay, but now it sounds like you want to ban freedom of speech.

Who's going to enforcing this ban on "shoving in your face"? I assume of course, you're not referring to someone physically assaulting you.
You wouldn't be allowed to hassle people door to door, get tax exemptions, even think about getting creation taught in schools, put God on our money, hand on a bible, things like that.

Not ban them, you can't ban stupid. But have freedom from religion so that people can't keep shoving it in your face, it would be understood by even simpletons that the freedom on religion is not on religion's side, but on the individuals side. Like saying that your religion forbids you from serving gays, that wouldn't even be an issue anymore, religion is automatically on the wrong side, so shut up and either serve them or quit.

Religion is a way of life. Homosexuality is also being presented as a way of life. Therefore some in both the religious community and the homosexuality have the same complaint. Stop thrusting "your" way of life in "our" faces.
Gays are born the way they are, religion is people choosing to be stupid. Big difference.

The US Constitution should read : "Freedom from religion", not "Freedom of religion". Maybe it's a typo? Because religions shouldn't be free to do what they want to people.

David Souter, 1994:
Government should not prefer one religion to another, or religion to irreligion.

No to forget in this context, Nazi, american one: The belief 'atheism' is also only a kind of religion. So it's difficult to decide what's an "irreligion". And your antichristian pseudoreligion full of hate is for sure nothing what anyone should respect. Acceptable are only real values - not death and not destruction, not murderous nonsense and not empty hateful anti-statements.

Are you expecting to get into heaven with all that hate you spew?

So we should ban religion...or just the one's you don't like? How very Maoist of you. How'd that work out for soviet Russia?

Who's going to enforcing this ban on "shoving in your face"? I assume of course, you're not referring to someone physically assaulting you.
You wouldn't be allowed to hassle people door to door

That one's easy. A private property issue, for which we already have a solution. Your property, your right post that property however you like (no trespassing, no soliciting) or build a fence, lock a gate, etc. Anyone violates that, you have standing.

get tax exemptions.

On that we agree, but perhaps for different reasons. I believe taxing labor is immoral and antithetical to a free society. There would be no exemptions for anyone because there should be no income tax. If you're going to have one, I say it should be flat with everyone paying the same percentage. No exemptions.

Back to reality, would you also call for no tax exemptions for non-religious charities?

Personally, that kind of picking and choosing who gets favors I find disgusting.

, even think about getting creation taught in schools, put God on our money, hand on a bible, things like that

The country was founded by four waves of English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh colonists. They were Christians, so it makes sense it's part of the culture.

I get your distaste for the evils done in the name of religion, but I would suggest it only becomes truly problematic when people who believe only theirs is the word of God seek to punish non believers. The traditional images are not harming anyone, not really. Discussing in schools how religions view things isn't harmful, it's learning about things with which one may not agree. Nothing wrong with that. Stated differently, I would suggest it's not anything to get upset about.

To sum, I'm an agnostic kind of guy, but I must disagree with your call for freedom from religion. History is replete with disastrous examples of governments attempting to stifle it. That's not freedom.

Liberty is impossible without the Lord. The Holy Spirit is the source of Liberty. It was the Holy Spirit who was the Spirit of 1776.

The Holy Spirit teaches us the Truth of all things. And the truth will set us free. We want the government off our back so we can be free to do our duties to God, our family, and our country. We desire liberty to do good. Not to live lives of debauchery. There is no freedom in that.

Liberty is impossible without the Lord. The Holy Spirit is the source of Liberty. It was the Holy Spirit who was the Spirit of 1776.

The Holy Spirit teaches us the Truth of all things. And the truth will set us free. We want the government off our back so we can be free to do our duties to God, our family, and our country.
We desire liberty to do good. Not to live lives of debauchery. There is no freedom in that.

Of course, a life of debauchery is what the godless desire. Just look at the list of desires stated in the OP. Lust, gluttony, drunkenness, madness.

They want to wallow in wickedness, and they don't want anyone to tell them that that's what they're doing. They confound libertinism with liberty.

... The country was founded by four waves of English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh colonists. They were Christians ...

Christians without Christmas? Strange. lt's by the way from the christian point of view completly clear that everyone has to pay income tax or inheritance tax. Someone who has to pay this tax should indeed be happy about that he is in the privileged position to be able to pay tax and to help his sisters and brothers in this way.

Last edited:

That one's easy. A private property issue, for which we already have a solution. Your property, your right post that property however you like (no trespassing, no soliciting) or build a fence, lock a gate, etc. Anyone violates that, you have standing.

get tax exemptions.

On that we agree, but perhaps for different reasons. I believe taxing labor is immoral and antithetical to a free society. There would be no exemptions for anyone because there should be no income tax. If you're going to have one, I say it should be flat with everyone paying the same percentage. No exemptions.

Back to reality, would you also call for no tax exemptions for non-religious charities?

Personally, that kind of picking and choosing who gets favors I find disgusting.

, even think about getting creation taught in schools, put God on our money, hand on a bible, things like that

The country was founded by four waves of English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh colonists. They were Christians, so it makes sense it's part of the culture.

I get your distaste for the evils done in the name of religion, but I would suggest it only becomes truly problematic when people who believe only theirs is the word of God seek to punish non believers. The traditional images are not harming anyone, not really. Discussing in schools how religions view things isn't harmful, it's learning about things with which one may not agree. Nothing wrong with that. Stated differently, I would suggest it's not anything to get upset about.

To sum, I'm an agnostic kind of guy, but I must disagree with your call for freedom from religion. History is replete with disastrous examples of governments attempting to stifle it. That's not freedom.
You want to let religion keep fucking up society, I want religion to stfu in the public sphere. And it doesn't matter who or what came over on the Mayflower, if we stopped allowed witches to be burnt, we can disallow any other religious practise.
Btw, churches aren't charities, actual charities deserve tax exemption.

Gays are born gay. Get over yourself.

Not what I am talking about. Some say they don't want to be around prayer in school. Some say they don't want the gay-lesbian agenda ("Heather has two mothers") in school. If people want to keep prayer out of school, then let's keep sex out of school. Each one is part and parcel of a portion of the population's life. There is nothing for me to "get over." I'm just offering a suggestion. Some don't want one thing in the "public square". Others don't want another thing in the public square. Would you find such a proposal acceptable? Why or why not? Oh, and by the way, some are suggesting there is a faith component to our genetic make-up. In other words, people of faith may also be "born that way."

... The country was founded by four waves of English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh colonists. They were Christians ...

Christians without Christmas? Strange. lt's by the way from the christian point of view completly clear that everyone has to pay income tax or inheritance tax. Someone who has to pay this tax should indeed be happy about that he is in the privileged position to be able to pay tax and to help his sisters and brothers in this way.

No idea what you're talking about re Christmas.

And you're wrong about income tax. Forcing some men to labor on behalf of others is NOT a Christian value.

get tax exemptions.

You want to let religion keep fucking up society, I want religion to stfu in the public sphere. And it doesn't matter who or what came over on the Mayflower, if we stopped allowed witches to be burnt, we can disallow any other religious practise.

I find your opinion as ill informed as your ability to engage in meaningful debate, which is seconded only by your ignorance of history.

Moving on to discuss things with the adults in the room...

No idea what you're talking about re Christmas.

And you're wrong about income tax. Forcing some men to labor on behalf of others is NOT a Christian value.

The strange Christians from England, Scotland and Wales called everyone "pagan" who celebrated Christmas. Because the most people in the USA are celebrating Christmas the most Americans would be pagans in the eyes of this people. And if someone has a rich harvesting with the help of god then this one should be more than only generous. Today the rich people in the world like to mutualize their costs and to privatize their receipts.

Last edited:

get tax exemptions.

I find your opinion as ill informed as your ability to engage in meaningful debate, which is seconded only by your ignorance of history.

You're stuck in the past, religion is passé for intelligent people. Only the retard's haven't figured out religion yet. Like you.

get tax exemptions.

You're stuck in the past, religion is passé for intelligent people. Only the retard's haven't figured out religion yet. Like you.

A complete misunderstanding (I'm agnostic) and a logical fallacy too.

About what I've come to expect from those that are just SURE they know what's best for everyone else. You know, those that talk of bans and imposing by force only their vision for society. Like you!

:fu:

Can you say something that makes sense ?

What does freedom do to people ?

Forum List

Back