Daily Devotion August 27th, 2016

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Today's sermon by George Fox admonishes the followers of Jesus Christ to be faithful in the truth, Which the Devil is out of (1668). George fox was a Spirit filled Believer who believed in obedience and holiness unto the Lord Jesus Christ. He confronted the ministers of his time telling them that they were hirelings who preached for gain. May God raise up such a Minister of the Gospel for this generation.

August 27th, 2016
religious-christian-bible-light-book-photograp.jpg

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. Ephesians 5:8-14

Text Sermons : George Fox : Be Faithful in the Truth, Which the Devil is Out Of
Be Faithful In The Truth, Which The Devil Is Out Of (1668)

My dear Friends, - Be faithful in the truth, which the devil is out of; in which truth you have obtained dominion over him. And live in the power of God, which was before the devil was; in which power of God, which is the gospel, in your fellowship.

And live in the light, which was before the darkness was, and the power of it it: in which light is also your everlasting fellowship; and in this you will know God's dwelling, which is in the light. And dwell in the life, which was before death was, and the devil, the power of it; and in this life you will have dominion over death and the power of it.

And so you do well that take heed to the light, and walk it it and they that do evil do not take heed of the light. And so walk in the light, as children of the light,and that ye will have fellowship one with another, and with the son and the Father.

And so mind the ingrafted word, which is able to save your souls; and that will keep your eyes and minds over all that which is not able to save, and keep your feet on the top of that.

And so be of that good faith which gives you victory and access to God, in which you do all please God, and have unity one with another. and so mind the seed of Christ, which is over all that which makes to suffer, and was before that was, and will stand when that is gone that makes to suffer; in that seed live, and know it your crown and life, and in that you will be one another's crown and joy in the Lord God blessed for ever.

And so keep your meetings in the name and power of the the Lord Jesus Christ that never fell; and the seed Christ reigns, in whom you have life, that was with the Father before the world began.

G.F.
Be Faithful in the Truth, Which the Devil is Out Of - Sermon Index

Isaiah 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of theLord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord.

6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.

7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:

8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.

10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty.

11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,

15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,

16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.

17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ?

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

I'm tired Dr. J. Simply tired. Does this "daily" always have to be so long, so loaded, so deep. I'm tired, just a normal person already beat to smithereens by life, USMB garbage, TV, radio, rotten Hillary, commercials, canned music, traffic....LIFE.

How about "verse" of the day.........?

I'm tired Dr. J. Simply tired. Does this "daily" always have to be so long, so loaded, so deep. I'm tired, just a normal person already beat to smithereens by life, USMB garbage, TV, radio, rotten Hillary, commercials, canned music, traffic....LIFE.

How about "verse" of the day.........?
I believe the Devotional was good to begin with but it's time to bring it to an end. Verse of the Day is good but it isn't enough to sustain you spiritually.

I can see that you are in the midst of a battle right now, I will be praying for you.
The only way to increase your spiritual strength is to increase your time reading the Holy Bible, your times of fasting & prayer, daily prayer, listening to or reading sermons and taking times of solitude. I would cut out the TV, Radio, politics, worldly music completely and not return to that - whatever distracts you will drain you - it isn't good.

When your body feels weak you must feed it good food. Several times daily. The same is true of your spirit - your inner man must be fed daily. The sermons, devotions, I've been posting are meat. Not milk. This spiritual food would be in the natural realm the diet of Olympians. It's meant to beef you up spiritually and get you ready for the battle ahead.

On the matter of what you need right now. You need more of God... not less. I read the Word of God and many sermons, devotions a day (not one). I pray. My appetite for God is voracious. I do this every day - all day and through out the night my spirit is communing with God. This is the normal Christian life.

Here is your verse for today:

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

I want you to do something. When you read a verse do what it says. Purpose in your heart that when you read the Word of God you have already determined in your heart to do what it's telling you to do. You're the apple of God's eye, God loves you dearly, He will draw near to you as you draw near to Him. He desires for you to seek Him out and talk to Him plainly even as you have done here today sharing your thoughts with me and others. Be encouraged that He is listening to you. God is watching over you and loves you very much. He's not going to let you down. When you are weak, He is strong.

Forum List

Back