Free Will

It was funny.
Are we not all under the same delusions?

Do peoples' minds not work very similarly?

Are we not all conditioned by the society in which we live?

Are we all not influenced by our genetic and physiological make up and particular upbringings

All these thing influence everyone, their actions, their thoughts, and their choices.

You are obtuse and I don't think it's deliberate.

That would be statistically unlikely.
Bullshit

People think they have far more control of themselves than they actually do.

An inconveniently placed brain tumor or brain injury would turn you into a murderer or a pedophile and you wouldn't be able to do shit about it.

What part of all those things were unconscious or due to my personality which is mostly based in genetics and how I grew up?

What part was my conditioning by society?

What part did my particular brain chemistry play?
Who you are is shaped by many factors. But at the end of the day the answer to the OP is defined by logic and objectivity. Not emotion and subjectivity. You are unnecessarily complicating things. Which is why you have taken two different diametrically opposite positions on the same subject.

Who you are is shaped by many factors. But at the end of the day the answer to the OP is defined by logic and objectivity. Not emotion and subjectivity. You are unnecessarily complicating things. Which is why you have taken two different diametrically opposite positions on the same subject.

I am merely discussing the science.

I came across this and found it interesting.

But I guess you are incapable of discussing things from a different view than your own narrow one.

Are we not all under the same delusions?
Do peoples' minds not work very similarly?
Are we not all conditioned by the society in which we live?
Are we all not influenced by our genetic and physiological make up and particular upbringings
All these thing influence everyone, their actions, their thoughts, and their choices.
You are obtuse and I don't think it's deliberate.
You are upset because you don't like it when people disagree with you. You have a preference for an outcome. I don't.

As for your "questions" see post # 25.

Bullshit

People think they have far more control of themselves than they actually do.

An inconveniently placed brain tumor or brain injury would turn you into a murderer or a pedophile and you wouldn't be able to do shit about it.
Your statement that "We are all under the same delusions" is statistically unlikely. For almost everything there will be a distribution. So, no. It is unlikely that we are all under the same delusions.

Your statement that "We are all under the same delusions" is statistically unlikely. For almost everything there will be a distribution. So, no. It is unlikely that we are all under the same delusions.

Wrong again we all have the delusion that we have free will.

You are upset because you don't like it when people disagree with you. You have a preference for an outcome. I don't.

As for your "questions" see post # 25.

Pot Kettle Dingbat

Scientists and psychologists agree that free will is an illusion BUT they also all seem to think that it's better for people to believe they have free will than not.

Again... statistically unlikely. In fact, you yourself have taken two diametrically opposite positions. So, no.

It's biology not statistics.

A your behavior is not 100% decided by you never was never will be.

BUT it is better to believe that it is

This is the point I was working to but I wanted an intelligent discussion first.

You made this post about me not about the topic.

The OP has confused the mechanics for how decisions are made for there are no real choices.

Everything is choice. Only people with an external locus of control believe they have no choice in matters.

It's biology not statistics.

A your behavior is not 100% decided by you never was never will be.

BUT it is better to believe that it is

This is the point I was working to but I wanted an intelligent discussion first.

You made this post about me not about the topic.
Actually I was pointing out your incongruity because just the other day you were literally arguing that you do make choices which is the opposite of what you are arguing today.

Really? When did I call you obtuse or call you a name?

Dingbat? Seems like you are still upset because I don't agree with you.

Do I really need to go back to all of the arguments we have had on just about every topic.

You ignored the topic and made the the discussion about other things I have said.

You are utterly incapable of having anything but a literal discussion about anything.

It's just like you think that because I may use some Buddhist wisdom as a guide that I must have to agree with everything every Buddhist has ever said.

Do I really need to go back to all of the arguments we have had on just about every topic.

You ignored the topic and made the the discussion about other things I have said.

You are utterly incapable of having anything but a literal discussion about anything.

It's just like you think that because I may use some Buddhist wisdom as a guide that I must have to agree with everything every Buddhist has ever said.
I thought my initial post was pretty clear. So, no. I don't need you to do anything for me.

Forum List

Back