"Free Tuition" who is stupid enough to believe anything is free???

Why not? I don't believe it is free but I think it would be a reasonable investment if we demand some requirements.

1. You have to be majoring in a needed field of study
2. Your gpa has to be high enough to show that you can do it.

Like maintaining our infrastructure or anything else we invest in I think this could be a very good idea. Why punish capable people because they weren't born lucky with a gold spoon in their mouth????

Of course, you don't believe in reality so I don't expect you to understand. You'll understand when your party loses in 2016.

Whoosh... "Free tuition" is a misnomer for more federal money funneled towards Professors' salaries. And we wonder why they spout liberal ideology? Student loans are another example of this, no better than pay day loans to unsophisticated borrowers. Students should select schools based on what they can afford, not self-serving sales pitches by overpriced universities.

We can get rid of student loans and replace it with this program. This program could be based on skills and what our society needs.

I guess paying the police, maintaining our highways or regulating is liberal ideology??? I'll admit there's a lot of bs but what is your plan???? You don't have one.

This program could be based on skills and what our society needs.

That's racisss!!

Many countries in Europe have free tuition. There are limited numbers of seats and students are vetted by difficult exams. In the US this would mean paying for the university education of Whites and East-Asians, many of whom come from affluent families.

The government could create an online virtual college for practically nothing. Give it to every US citizen for free to learn & develop skills as they need them. It would cut current deficit spending on tuition & housing. It would be a huge boost to employment GDP & economy.

Instead of a K-12 education, kids would receive K-14.
Still not free...I will be paying for it through my taxes.
Those college graduates will earn much bigger incomes than they would with a high school diploma. You don't think that translates to a lifetime of higher taxes they will pay on those higher incomes?

Don't you think a better educated workforce translates to a more productive and innovative workforce, and therefore a higher national GDP?

Many countries in Europe have free tuition. There are limited numbers of seats and students are vetted by difficult exams. In the US this would mean paying for the university education of Whites and East-Asians, many of whom come from affluent families.
Do we have a problem with not enough seats in K-12? Why would we have a problem with enough seats in K-14?

Those college graduates will earn much bigger incomes than they would with a high school diploma. You don't think that translates to a lifetime of higher taxes they will pay on those higher incomes?

Wow! Imagine if all the people who leave NYC High schools without the ability to read at grade level (80%) got free PhD and MBAs!

You're a genius!

Last edited:

Wow! Imagine if all the people who leave NYC High schools without the ability to read at grade level (80%) got free PhD and MBAs!

You;re a genius!

The proposals on the table have a GPA requirement to receive free higher education. If you want to see an example, I will link to a recent topic about Oregon's recent legislation for free community college.

Genius.

Don't you think a better educated workforce translates to a more productive and innovative workforce, and therefore a higher national GDP?
I agree with all you said, but it is still not free.

I agree with all you said, but it is still not free.
It's an investment. The complaining about it not being "free" is like whining you have to put up money to buy stocks that bring a return on investment.

a GPA requirement

we've already seen how the Left dumbs-down education to acheive their "diversity goals". Who in their right minds doesn't see what ends up happening to that GPA requirement??

Here's the source article about Oregon's plan for community college: http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-...nd_state_to_offer_free_community_college.html

If eligible students apply for and receive federal grants for community college, Oregon will pay the balance of their tuition. The recipients must have lived in Oregon for 12 months, begin their community college course work within six months of finishing high school or the equivalent, take courses that are required for graduation and maintain a 2.5 grade point average. (And it's not entirely free—each student must pay a minimum of $50 per term.)

Here's the bill: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB81

a GPA requirement

we've already seen how the Left dumbs-down education to acheive their "diversity goals". Who in their right minds doesn't see what ends up happening to that GPA requirement??
Your horrible punctuation and grammar indicate you should not be lecturing about who is dumb. Seriously.

a GPA requirement

Your horrible punctuation and grammar indicate you should not be lecturing about who is dumb. Seriously.

YAWN

this is a message board dummy

the fact that all you have to say about my posts is to correct grammatical and spelling errors says more about you than it says about me dummy, seriously

1. Maintain a GPA average.

2. Take mandatory courses.

3. Begin college within six months of high school graduation.

4. Residency requirement.

any of you idiots realize that government involvement in college tuition IS one of the reasons tuition is so high?

Forum List

Back