Free speech suit aims to end twitters political censorship

Ok, so your view is predicated on the various privileges afforded by the corporate charter. I get that, and tend to agree - although I'd prefer to fix the problem - the corporate charter - rather than the symptom.

What about privately owned businesses? Do you think they should be allowed to engage in political activity?

We keep churches out of politics, I fail to see how this is different.

It's not different. Keeping churches out of politics violates the First Amendment.

Are you saying that non-corporate private business should be prohibited from political activity too?

Liberals need to move to another country that best suits their needs for government to be in control of them and a nanny state. That is not what America was meant to be though. If you can't handle the freedom, get out of the country. :) Don't try to change the country to meet YOUR needs because of your fears of freedom and your need for government supplied security.
Why. They like to destroy freedom. They can't destroy countries that already have limited freedom.
I remember when Colorado was a red state. Then California sent their people to colonize California.

They have plans to do the same with h Texas and Florida. This is how the win elections.

I don't know that they have plans to destroy the country, though it would not be very shocking if they did. They hate America and everything she stands for. What they REALLY want though is to live in Europe. They just don't fit in here in America with our way of life and they can't handle our freedoms. They NEED a government that will take care of them and shield them from things that are upsetting to them.
You know you’re fucking nuts, right? :cuckoo:

I’m a Liberal and the government does nothing to take care of me nor do I seek any assistance of any kind.

What the fuck is wrong with you? How does your brain generate such bizarre fantasies?

Just Europeans born on the wrong continent. Poor babies. You can't help it that you were born with too much freedom and that it frightens you that your fellow citizens have freedoms, especially the freedom to own, carry and use guns, but apparently also the right to free speech.
As already correctly noted: this is not a ‘free speech’ issue.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations, such as Twitter.

That private social media refuse to accommodate the racism, bigotry, and hate of conservatives is not to ‘deny’ those conservatives ‘free speech.’

What Twitter users have lost their right to free speech...?

Jayda Fransen, ( whose anti Islamic tweets were re tweeted by president trump), and Paul Golding
Both have been banned from twitter and prosecuted for their views on Islam.
What you need to know about Britain First deputy leader Jayda Fransen

Oh, I thought you were talking about Americans losing their Constitutional First Amendment rights to free speech.

Who cares about some British losing theirs? :dunno:

As already correctly noted: this is not a ‘free speech’ issue.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations, such as Twitter.

That private social media refuse to accommodate the racism, bigotry, and hate of conservatives is not to ‘deny’ those conservatives ‘free speech.’

So liberals have no bigotry, racism or hate, interesting.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Americans losing their Constitutional First Amendment rights to free speech.

I am in the front line of finding out if I have any free speech left in Britain. Because I regularly criticise the Quran and argue with Muslims on twitter and various forums. I would have though it would matter to Americans too.
I cared about the destruction of the W.T. center even though I am British.

I am in the front line of finding out if I have any free speech left in Britain. Because I regularly criticise the Quran and argue with Muslims on twitter and various forums. I would have though it would matter to Americans too.
I cared about the destruction of the W.T. center even though I am British.
This is the USMB, where the US stands for United States. Here we have First Amendment rights protecting free speech. Looks like you’re using the wrong forum posting here about a lack of such rights in Britain.

Twitters policy is fair to everyone apart from those who promote violence.

That's why they are getting sued for violation of free speech. Derp.
Where is their free speech being violated ? Are you fucking stupid ?

I always give you credit for one thing Tom---- you never make any sense but at least you bother to punctuate your comments correctly.
And he's a very nice boy for wearing the sweaters his dear mum picks out for him each day.

Don't forget that.

Forum List

Back