Judge rules public street, sidewalk aren't public

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
When is a public street not a public street? And when is a public sidewalk not a public sidewalk?

Apparently when a panel of three judges makes that claim, according to a dispute that has developed over Rodney Keister, a street preacher.

He was ordered by the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa to shut up, because he was on public sidewalks that ran through their campus.

Keister is defended by Nate Kellum at the Center for Religious Expression, which is seeking a .............

Judges rule public street, sidewalk aren’t ‘public’
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well like we keep telling the sheep sooner or later you will eat yourselves alive. Just like those who poke fun at infowars getting targeted over on youtube, or the media in general the idiots that think it's funny , or say good etc, you never succeed at figuring it out the very speech stripped from those you don't like etc, etc sooner or later stripping your speech / rights it makes it's way to you.

Yep, the libtard court declared that a public university not only has the right to censor people, but has a right to censor people on public land not owned by the university, on the basis that the public sidewalk is adjacent to university property.

When are we going to stop rolling over for Libtard tyrants?

Campuses are private

They can set their own rules

Yep, the libtard court declared that a public university not only has the right to censor people, but has a right to censor people on public land not owned by the university, on the basis that the public sidewalk is adjacent to university property.

Judges in this country are becoming flaming out-of-control assholes.

Interesting case, I'm guessing it dies here as I doubt it'll go before the full court. That's just a guess based on Google "street view" of University and Hackberry.

Legal question aside his use of electronic speaker system turns me off which makes me question whether his method is beneficial to his message? Here he is in Orlando:

Last edited:
Interesting case, I'm guessing it dies here as I doubt it'll go before the full court. That's just a guess.

Legal question aside his use of electronic speaker system turns me off which makes me question whether his method is beneficial to his message? Here he is in Orlando:

As the man was on a city sidewalk, applicable city ordinances should have been followed. Maybe a noise ordinance that has nothing to do with the content of the speech.

The guy is an idiot, both for teaching the false doctrine that Jesus loves everyone, and for making a nuisance of himself. But, that's beside the point. It wasn't university property and so the court is wrong in saying the university has a right to regulate speech there (aside from the issue of whether or not the university is violating the man's first amendment rights by its bias).

An idiot is far better than a libtard tyrant.

To me, if certain people are going to drop their swear words whenever and where ever they want to, the rest of us can bring to the barbecue whatever we want to as well and if you don't like certain things that are on the menu, where is it written that you have to eat those things?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Judges in this country are becoming flaming out-of-control assholes.
It's time we start impeaching these out of control bastards.

Interesting case, I'm guessing it dies here as I doubt it'll go before the full court. That's just a guess based on Google "street view" of University and Hackberry.

The honkytonks and bars where heathens congregate to drink and grind their bodies to loud music blast their music into the street. Nobody is trying to get that stopped.

The honkytonks and bars where heathens congregate to drink and grind their bodies to loud music blast their music into the street. Nobody is trying to get that stopped.

Sure they do, it's done through zoning laws.

Forum List

Back