Free school meals for all kids in Wales to start in September

How was it free?

Did the milk companies donate it?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a teacher and I think that food should be provided to kids in public school at no cost to them. For the same reason food is at no cost to the inmates in prison. They are forced to be there, so their captors have an obligation to feed them.

Not the incredibly bland barely edible food-in-name-only that they’ve been sold since Michelle O. Decided that public schools were not miserable enough for children.

But, I don’t say it is “free” because I understand the English language.
You just gave me an epiphany. Have the inmates of the state, work on work farms, thus they create their own food and food for the kids in public schools. Win win for the state and the inmates, because it is hard to till the fields, without machines, but the education to the inmates on how to feed yourself is invaluable.

You just gave me an epiphany. Have the inmates of the state, work on work farms, thus they create their own food and food for the kids in public schools. Win win for the state and the inmates, because it is hard to till the fields, without machines, but the education to the inmates on how to feed yourself is invaluable.
Great idea.

Both the prisoners and the school kids would no doubt eat better than what is provided by lowest bidders.

Kids learn better when they arent hungry. The brexit recession is now affecting a lot more people and kids are going hungry.
If your kids are hungry you probably shouldn’t have had them in the first place feed your own children!

Great idea.

Both the prisoners and the school kids would no doubt eat better than what is provided by lowest bidders.
Also as a side, they should raise sheep and cows for the proteins, that way they can use the hides and wool to make their own clothes. Stop giving free stuff(at the cost of the taxpayer) to children whose parents are deadbeats and inmates whose parents were deadbeats.

As I said above, every kid should get meals at not cost to them, because the are forced to attend the government indoctrination centers that public school have become.

Well, kind of extreme.

I'm not going to disagree that education is "indoctrination". However I am going to say that society always has indoctrination. Now it can either come from the whole of society coming together to say "this is the vision we have for the future", or like in the US it can come from people who say "we want our kids to be intolerant, we want our kids to be undereducated, we want our kids to have fundamentalist religious views over science" type of thing.

Countries like Afghanistan have chosen the latter. I can't image any country with the latter is going to have a stable future.

Well, kind of extreme.

I'm not going to disagree that education is "indoctrination". However I am going to say that society always has indoctrination. Now it can either come from the whole of society coming together to say "this is the vision we have for the future", or like in the US it can come from people who say "we want our kids to be intolerant, we want our kids to be undereducated, we want our kids to have fundamentalist religious views over science" type of thing.
Regardless of what indoctrination you happen to prefer, indoctrination is indoctrination.

Almost by definition, the indoctrination will go against the wishes of the majority of parents. Why bother to indoctrinate kids into what their parents have already taught them? If all parents taught their kids that boys can choose to be girls, and that girls who don't want those self-proclaimed girls with penises in the shower with them are evil bigots, and that white people of today are keeping a system of racism in place for their own benefit and that children are as guilty as their parents, the schools could focus on basic Marxist ideology instead of those things.

The fact that the public schools and the unions run them believe that parents teach their children wrongly is the motivator behind public schools teaching them LBGTQ+ and racial division instead of Math, Reading, Science and Civics. The whole society doesn't support that, only a highly agendized fraction of society that runs public schools supports that.
Countries like Afghanistan have chosen the latter. I can't image any country with the latter is going to have a stable future.
American people have not chosen to have their kids be uneducated, the educators that Americans trusted to educate them chose not to educate them.

How was it free?

Did the milk companies donate it?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a teacher and I think that food should be provided to kids in public school at no cost to them. For the same reason food is at no cost to the inmates in prison. They are forced to be there, so their captors have an obligation to feed them.

Not the incredibly bland barely edible food-in-name-only that they’ve been sold since Michelle O. Decided that public schools were not miserable enough for children.

But, I don’t say it is “free” because I understand the English language.
It was free to all the children of the UK. The reason it was free was because it was known some of the families were very poor and the desire was to care for the health of our children. Of course it was paid for through taxes but those taxes were according to how much someone was paid. Children received the milk regardless of whether their parernts had the money to pay the tax. . It was free at the point of delivery as is our health service. This is the first time I have met you. I understand you have a very big ego and believe you are better than others and like to make a point of it. I know this because I understand psychology.

In recent years many of Britain's schools have taken to giving free lunch to all the children. Yes it is paid by from tax but it is free at the point of delivery. Councils decided to provide this because teachers were noticing that some children were going hungry because their parents did not have enough money. They gave it to all the children so that those whose parents couldn't pay would not get abused by those who could. Other schools have been providing free food items so that people who need and their children do not go without.

Well, kind of extreme.

Marxists must indoctrinate children to be intolerant....

tolerant-liberal.jpg

Regardless of what indoctrination you happen to prefer, indoctrination is indoctrination.

Almost by definition, the indoctrination will go against the wishes of the majority of parents. Why bother to indoctrinate kids into what their parents have already taught them? If all parents taught their kids that boys can choose to be girls, and that girls who don't want those self-proclaimed girls with penises in the shower with them are evil bigots, and that white people of today are keeping a system of racism in place for their own benefit and that children are as guilty as their parents, the schools could focus on basic Marxist ideology instead of those things.

The fact that the public schools and the unions run them believe that parents teach their children wrongly is the motivator behind public schools teaching them LBGTQ+ and racial division instead of Math, Reading, Science and Civics. The whole society doesn't support that, only a highly agendized fraction of society that runs public schools supports that.

American people have not chosen to have their kids be uneducated, the educators that Americans trusted to educate them chose not to educate them.

Kids start out life with nothing. They learn stuff. Everything they learn is "indoctrination". From people preferring spicy food, or preferring rice, or preferring playing baseball to soccer, it's all "indoctrination".

You talk about the "wishes of the parents" like the wishes of the parents are more important than producing kids who can be active and decent members of society.

The problem with what you write is that you're seeing things ONLY from an extreme US perspective.
The US has major problems because of the electoral system. This then leads to fucked up politics which means all the issues are tainted. It means no matter what happens, it's going to be bad.

It was free to all the children of the UK. The reason it was free was because it was known some of the families were very poor and the desire was to care for the health of our children. Of course it was paid for through taxes but those taxes were according to how much someone was paid. Children received the milk regardless of whether their parernts had the money to pay the tax. . It was free at the point of delivery as is our health service. This is the first time I have met you. I understand you have a very big ego and believe you are better than others and like to make a point of it. I know this because I understand psychology.

In recent years many of Britain's schools have taken to giving free lunch to all the children. Yes it is paid by from tax but it is free at the point of delivery. Councils decided to provide this because teachers were noticing that some children were going hungry because their parents did not have enough money. They gave it to all the children so that those whose parents couldn't pay would not get abused by those who could. Other schools have been providing free food items so that people who need and their children do not go without.
Almost as big of an ego as yourself.

My parents and my wife and I did it wrong, I never went to school without breakfast and neither did my kids, we weren’t rich but we realized how important was to make sure kids were given a good breakfast.

Kids start out life with nothing. They learn stuff. Everything they learn is "indoctrination". From people preferring spicy food, or preferring rice, or preferring playing baseball to soccer, it's all "indoctrination".
No it isn't. Words mean things. Teaching and indoctrination are two different words that mean two different things.
You talk about the "wishes of the parents" like the wishes of the parents are more important than producing kids who can be active and decent members of society.
Why should the two conflict? They only conflict when public schools become centers of indoctrination rather than centers of learning.
The problem with what you write is that you're seeing things ONLY from an extreme US perspective.
The US has major problems because of the electoral system. This then leads to fucked up politics which means all the issues are tainted. It means no matter what happens, it's going to be bad.
A parliamentary system would better serve us than rule by the Two Parties, IMO.

But I'm not sure how that would lead our public schools to start teaching math and science again.

The recipients deserve to know that it has value and what it is aimed at achieving, as well as acknowledging from whom it comes.
We dont do that with other things that come from the school. Meals are an integral part of education. You were never charged for your desk or chair in school and you werent charged when the heating was turned on.
Where is the difference ?

No it isn't. Words mean things. Teaching and indoctrination are two different words that mean two different things.

Why should the two conflict? They only conflict when public schools become centers of indoctrination rather than centers of learning.

But I'm not sure how that would lead our public schools to start teaching math and science again.
You are viewing this brilliant policy through an American prism.I dont recognis the schools you are talking about. I suspect that they dont exist.

You are also so extreme right wing that you think hitler was a liberal.
Aside from yourself every other carping voice on here is wrong and raises false arguments. And there is a reason for that.

It breaks the conservative principle that poor people have brought it on themselves and should be punished for being poor.
And these same hypocrites will stand up in church every sunday and praise a God who they despise in secret because he believes in kindness and sharing.

I give thanks that I dont live in a greedy,selfish conservative country. Never will.

We dont do that with other things that come from the school. Meals are an integral part of education. You were never charged for your desk or chair in school and you werent charged when the heating was turned on.
Where is the difference ?
Eating, putting things into yourself that become 'you', is different. Learning to be appreciative is important. Learning to be ignorant and dependent is not in the interest of developing the best in a human.

You are viewing this brilliant policy through an American prism.I dont recognis the schools you are talking about. I suspect that they dont exist.

You are also so extreme right wing that you think hitler was a liberal.
Aside from yourself every other carping voice on here is wrong and raises false arguments. And there is a reason for that.

It breaks the conservative principle that poor people have brought it on themselves and should be punished for being poor.
And these same hypocrites will stand up in church every sunday and praise a God who they despise in secret because he believes in kindness and sharing.

I give thanks that I dont live in a greedy,selfish conservative country. Never will.
Yet you obsessively post about us.

Eating, putting things into yourself that become 'you', is different. Learning to be appreciative is important. Learning to be ignorant and dependent is not in the interest of developing the best in a human.
Good luck with getting kids to appreciate school. Looking back maybe. But not while they are there.

What's the difference between "teaching" and "indoctrination" then?

You say they're different, but you're too lazy to bother saying why.

Forum List

Back