Fred Phelps, of the Westbro "GOD HATES FAGS" church, dying

Thing is Stat, God will deal with Phelp's hate. Don't make Him deal with your hate, which will also ultimately be between you and Him. Hate is an acid that destroys the vessel that carries it. Hate's direction/target is of no consequence to God. The heart that harbors it is.
Phelps isn't effected one bit by the amount of hate you carry, but you will be.

Be secure in the judgment robe of Christ. It isn't necessary for you to "suit up" too. Judging Phelps gets you judged along with Phelps., for the same offense, hatred of your fellow man. Is your hate any better or worse or more noble than Phelp's hate? Or is hatred just hatred in the eyes of God, regardless of the reason/excuse we use to cling to it.........

Ram, I agree with you - to a point. To voice displeasure with someone for his behavior is not necessarily eternal judgement.

I am human. Flawed. We all are. No one is perfect. Therefore, we are allowed our flaws. I will not forget what that "church" did to so many families when their loved one died. Nope. Any more than I will forget 9/11, or Hitler, or Pol Pot or any of the others that did the things they did.

Phelps can hurry up and go meet his maker so his maker can kick him to the curb.

No, cos the overwhelming odds are that you aren't one of those people.

Mainly, I've just addressed your irrational points (as they come). But perhaps my overarching point is that Westboro Baptists are simply living their faith. They may not even consider it 'hate.' If one believes that one goes to hell for sodomy and otherwise engaging sodomites, then that is not explicitly hate; and to their minds can even be considered an act of love. That's having a moral code. It's not as if they're preaching to go murder sodomites. Then, that would be a different story.

None of this is to say that I agree with Westboro or am especially sympathetic to their positions. But if they were primarily relaying their metaphysical beliefs; then I don't see a need to be offended.

Well, I hope he is coming to terms with God. Because, like everyone, he has alot of things to reconcile with His maker.

I had not heard that he was excommunicated from his own church. How did that happen?

The family is totally tight lipped about it, and this is also probably why they are not allowing any other "excommunicated" members of the family to visit that dying turd. They probably don't want him telling the others why he was kicked out of his own "church".

It's easy to act like this is all ok, but that entire despicable family wreaked pain and anguish upon thousands and thousands of soldiers families by deliberately protesting those funerals, calling all soldiers "fags" and saying they deserved to die.

Yes, judgment belongs to G-d, but we humans are allowed to remember. And believe me, I remember, I remember.

I am thinking there is a special place in Hell for someone like Fred Phelps. And then there is the added irony that their vicious hate campaign against gay people probably backfired. That may even be Hell enough for that fuckwad.

Id much rather he repent of his evil actions.

Uh huh.

".... with the possible exception of people who were directly affected by Westboro."

That's a lot of people. And did it ever occur to you that I may be one of those people? Did that thought ever go through your head?

So, exactly what are you moaning about, anyway?

There you would be wrong. As usual.

I am human. Flawed. We all are. No one is perfect. Therefore, we are allowed our flaws. I will not forget what that "church" did to so many families when their loved one died. Nope. Any more than I will forget 9/11, or Hitler, or Pol Pot or any of the others that did the things they did.

Phelps can hurry up and go meet his maker so his maker can kick him to the curb.

So, essentially you have a hard-line position, just as the Westboro Baptists do?

Well, I hope he is coming to terms with God. Because, like everyone, he has alot of things to reconcile with His maker.

I had not heard that he was excommunicated from his own church. How did that happen?

The family is totally tight lipped about it, and this is also probably why they are not allowing any other "excommunicated" members of the family to visit that dying turd. They probably don't want him telling the others why he was kicked out of his own "church".

It's easy to act like this is all ok, but that entire despicable family wreaked pain and anguish upon thousands and thousands of soldiers families by deliberately protesting those funerals, calling all soldiers "fags" and saying they deserved to die.

Yes, judgment belongs to G-d, but we humans are allowed to remember. And believe me, I remember, I remember.

I am thinking there is a special place in Hell for someone like Fred Phelps. And then there is the added irony that their vicious hate campaign against gay people probably backfired. That may even be Hell enough for that fuckwad.

Id much rather he repent of his evil actions.

Maybe that's why they excommunicated him... maybe he did repent, but the monster he created all these years didn't want him to.

I think we are pretty much saying the same thing.

That's a lot of people. And did it ever occur to you that I may be one of those people? Did that thought ever go through your head?

So, exactly what are you moaning about, anyway?

Oh, I'm sure your second cousin's friend's junior high teacher's neighbor's tax preparer's son very possibly, but not likely maybe was among the dead whom was protested by Westboro.

Fred Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church Founder, Is 'On The Edge Of Death'

Fred Phelps, the founder of the highly controversial Westboro Baptist Church, which is known for protesting high-profile funerals with signs that read "God Hates Fags," is said to be dying at a hospice center in Kansas.

One of his sons, Nate Phelps, released the news on Saturday:

I've learned that my father, Fred Phelps, Sr., pastor of the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church, was ex-communicated from the "church" back in August of 2013. He is now on the edge of death at Midland Hospice house in Topeka, Kansas.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Terribly ironic that his devotion to his god ends this way. Destroyed by the monster he made.

I feel sad for all the hurt he's caused so many. I feel sad for those who will lose the grandfather and father they loved. And I'm bitterly angry that my family is blocking the family members who left from seeing him, and saying their good-byes.
Fred Phelps has been excommunicated from his own "church".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, most people have very, very strong feelings about the Phelps clan. Personally, based on what they did to families grieving over dead US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, I hate them with a passion and when Fred Phelps dies, I am going to go out and dance in the streets. Right now, I am lifting a glass of Brandy, hoping that when he does die, his journey to Stix will be swift.

Although I'm a Christian and am no fan of the homosexual agenda I do believe he stepped over the line when he and members of that church interrupted funerals in such an ungodly and inconsiderate way. Sad that we was excommunicated but perhaps it was the appropriate thing to do under the circumstances. Too bad he didn't realize that he was as much of a sinner as the sins he opposed.

Oh, I'm sure your second cousin's friend's junior high teacher's neighbor's tax preparer's son very possibly, but not likely maybe was among the dead whom was protested by Westboro.

Nope. There you would be wrong. Again. But you are a most outstanding playtoy. Carry on. I shall enjoy batting you around some.

Wait a minute. A couple of months ago you got all pouty, took your little ball and marched straight home, said you had me on ignore. Guess your ignore function is broke, what?

Pastor Fred Phelps 85 YEARS OLD ===GOD is our only real judge or our Lord and Savior!!! We get to choose!!

So, he's a complete asshole who lived to be 85?

I guess all babies that died before their first birthday were bad people, by your logic?

"god" killed them and let Phelps live to 85. Its called "moving in mysterious ways".

No, "God" didn't kill anyone. People die on their own or they are killed by someone or something else. God is unnecessary for death to occur.

So, essentially you have a hard-line position, just as the Westboro Baptists do?

Nope. Just a flawed human being that hopes satans spawn dies soon and knows the world will be one less asshole.

Other than being an asshole, what is his "crime"? Don't forget that lefties worship cop killers ,and in France they name streets after US cop killers like Mumia.

Money from misery. That's his crime. To hell with him and all that support him.

Who is worse, someone who supports him or someone who names streets after cop killers?

They are both bad. God is the only one to decide who's worse.

pastor fred phelps 85 years old ===god is our only real judge or our lord and savior!!! We get to choose!!

so, he's a complete asshole who lived to be 85?

I guess all babies that died before their first birthday were bad people, by your logic?

hate sin but love the sinner!!! God does!!!

Listen, God did not protest any funerals - the WBC did.

Why do they get to decide what god thinks?

Money from misery. That's his crime. To hell with him and all that support him.

Who is worse, someone who supports him or someone who names streets after cop killers?

They are both bad. God is the only one to decide who's worse.

I actually think one is worse than the other. When you rename a street after a cop killer, it involves making street signs, and that's done with taxpayer money. What taxpayer money is used when Phelps is hateful? The freaking GOVERNMENT decided to name a fucking street after a cop killer. Fred Phelps is just a single asshole in Kansas or whatever.

Forum List

Back