Franken Shuts Down Lieberman On Senate Floor

For the click-phobic:

"Unfortunately, McCain’s memory is suffering. In fact, McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday.

On October 10, 2002 — just ahead of the looming mid-term elections — the Senate rushed a debate on a war authorization giving President Bush the power to use force against Iraq. The resolution ultimately passed the Senate after midnight on an early Friday morning by a vote of 77-23.

During the course of the frenzied floor debate, then-Sen. Mark Dayton (D-MN) spoke in favor of an amendment offered by Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) that would have restricted Bush’s constitutional powers to wage war against Iraq. After a minute and a half, Dayton ran out of time, prompting this exchange:
The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator’s time has expired.
Mr. DAYTON. I ask for unanimous consent that I have 30 seconds more to finish my remarks.
Mr. McCAIN. I object.

and who was in control of that Senate?
and what Senate LEADER allowed the Resolution AND the Patriot Act to be passed without debate?
and who knew there was 2 sets of intel used to allowed the law to be passed?
and why do the Democrats...TO THIS VERY DAY...refuse to repeal the iraq War Resolution?

you and your party have no room to throw stones inside a glass house.

So you are denying that McCain once again opened his mouth and inserted his foot? What a hypocrite.

Where is my denial that McCain "misspoke"..:lol: in liberal speak?

There's plenty of people with feet in their mouthes on Capitol Hill. Why do you and those like you insist on politicizing every single thing anyone in government does? What's the matter? Can't stand to see your own party's faults on display for all to see? :booze:

Dems, follow Al and disrespect Douch Lieberman every single time he tries to speak from now on. Get that idiot out as soon as you can!

Lieberman is an example of the "banality of evil."

Just so I'm clear, is it your belief that everyone who disagrees with St Barack, Savior of the Universe, is actually evil? Or is it that anyone who doesn't agree with this so called 'health insurance reform' (that isn't actually about healthcare, insurance or reform) is evil? Or, are you just stupid?

For the click-phobic:

"Unfortunately, McCain’s memory is suffering. In fact, McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday.

On October 10, 2002 — just ahead of the looming mid-term elections — the Senate rushed a debate on a war authorization giving President Bush the power to use force against Iraq. The resolution ultimately passed the Senate after midnight on an early Friday morning by a vote of 77-23.

During the course of the frenzied floor debate, then-Sen. Mark Dayton (D-MN) spoke in favor of an amendment offered by Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) that would have restricted Bush’s constitutional powers to wage war against Iraq. After a minute and a half, Dayton ran out of time, prompting this exchange:
The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator’s time has expired.
Mr. DAYTON. I ask for unanimous consent that I have 30 seconds more to finish my remarks.
Mr. McCAIN. I object.

and who was in control of that Senate?
and what Senate LEADER allowed the Resolution AND the Patriot Act to be passed without debate?
and who knew there was 2 sets of intel used to allowed the law to be passed?
and why do the Democrats...TO THIS VERY DAY...refuse to repeal the iraq War Resolution?

you and your party have no room to throw stones inside a glass house.
That was a perfect impression of the "but, but, but defense."

Nice job.

I bet that did a lot to secure Lieberman's vote.
I watched it on cspan and was shocked. This does not happen in the US senate.
This will come back to bite Franken and the democrats, wait and see.

Yes, because this, THIS, will be the nail in the coffin for him to not vote for Health Care. Because that makes Joe such a great guy for voting not by what's good for this country but politics. :rolleyes:

Never mind how much his wife is getting from Big Pharm and how much he's flip flopped over the past four months. I do hope Joe does run as a Republican for reelection, because there's no way in hell he's going to rewin his seat.
[Emphasis added] Mrs. Lieberman doesn't get a penny from 'Big Pharm'. But you read it in a blog somewhere, so you had to parrot it as thinking for yourself is not something you do.

Who cares about Mrs. Lieberman?

Joe Lieberman is a lying sack of shit who is in the pocket of the insurance companies.

Yes, because this, THIS, will be the nail in the coffin for him to not vote for Health Care. Because that makes Joe such a great guy for voting not by what's good for this country but politics. :rolleyes:

Never mind how much his wife is getting from Big Pharm and how much he's flip flopped over the past four months. I do hope Joe does run as a Republican for reelection, because there's no way in hell he's going to rewin his seat.
[Emphasis added] Mrs. Lieberman doesn't get a penny from 'Big Pharm'. But you read it in a blog somewhere, so you had to parrot it as thinking for yourself is not something you do.

Who cares about Mrs. Lieberman?

Joe Lieberman is a lying sack of shit who is in the pocket of the insurance companies.

..and your looking out from behind the smiley face of the giant Kool-Aid pitcher.

According to McCain, who was on the news report I saw, He has NEVER seen an action by the chair like this in twenty years on the Senate floor. Try to put this in perspective. The defense bill being considered is pretty important too. Why cutoff a speaker explaining his amendment when you don't normally do that?

McCain is full of shit.

Go back and study the shit the Rs did to the Dems in recent history while in power

Link?

Really?? Then why didn't you ask for a link that shows the proof of mccain's statement that he hasn't seen anything like that in twenty years?? Where is the proof of that claim? Or do you apply a different standard to republicans and hold demcrats to a higher standard?

That seems to be that case considering that you seem to take anything a republican says as fact and without question and then you demand links where democrats are concerned.

How about proof be provided to back up mccain's original claim since that is where the disagreement began?

This thread is starting to smell like fish

red-herring_color.jpg

Just what the fuck do you think these quotes proove?

How do they proove that Bush's lies did not exsit?

Bush lied about yellow cake and WMDs to the American people.

If you defend bush for this than you are a partisan hack of the greatest degree

These quotes prove that you are a partisan hack who only sees the things the republicans did wrong in relation to Iraq/WMD.

Ok let me make it more simple for you since you can't wrap your head around the truth when it is right in front of you. Here are quotes from PRE-BUSH

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in 1998

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

Actually those quotes prove NOTHING about the poster since the poster had nothing to do with those quotes. However, Your use of the quotes does show that you are desperate to try and spread the blame to the democrats as you try to cover for bush.

Oh and since you are the one with all of the quotes that you obviously didn't get from some lame right wing talking points website (sarcasm) perhaps you could tell us and provide us with quotes concerning what republicans were saying about all of this back in 1998??

Furthermore, the other poster is right, presenting comments from democrats does nothing to change the fact that bush lied about yellow cake from niger and how in his rush to war, as he kicked out the inspectors, they based the majority of our intel on the comments of one man commonly known as "curve ball."

How is cutting waste from medicare harmful to medicare?? Besides that do you have the specific quotes that you are talking about in their complete context?? It's should be hard considering that you have supplied so many quote concerning the dems on iraq.

I'm going to follow your previous examples from our interactions and pull a DRSMITH on you :lol:

Yes you are right it would be hard since Harry Reid wont release the latest version of the health care bill.

WOW

So you are asked a simple question and then you avoid answering the simple question as well as providing the proof that you righties love to demand from others. Imagine that.

You said obama made some statements and yet you don't have the links to back up what you claim he said. What does harry read have to do with you backing up and providing substance to support YOUR claims??

Furthermore, what does your avoidance have to do with me??

McCain is full of shit.

Go back and study the shit the Rs did to the Dems in recent history while in power

Link?

Really?? Then why didn't you ask for a link that shows the proof of mccain's statement that he hasn't seen anything like that in twenty years?? Where is the proof of that claim? Or do you apply a different standard to republicans and hold demcrats to a higher standard?

That seems to be that case considering that you seem to take anything a republican says as fact and without question and then you demand links where democrats are concerned.

How about proof be provided to back up mccain's original claim since that is where the disagreement began?

Link to McCain being full of shit, you dumb fuck.
Think you have the monopoly on sarcasm?

the republican party kept the lies for Bush and his wars built on LIES to the American people.

You will never see the democrats do that .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh crap, you were serious, weren't you? :eek: My advice: drink less koolaid.

did you see my post quoting him shortly after :lol: I gave him 20 examples of the dems peddling the same "lies" about Iraq :lol:

And I asked you a simple question concerning those comments and how they were based on what the WH told congress and you avoided that simple question. Imagine that. LOL

Actually those quotes prove NOTHING about the poster since the poster had nothing to do with those quotes. However, Your use of the quotes does show that you are desperate to try and spread the blame to the democrats as you try to cover for bush.

Oh and since you are the one with all of the quotes that you obviously didn't get from some lame right wing talking points website (sarcasm) perhaps you could tell us and provide us with quotes concerning what republicans were saying about all of this back in 1998??

Furthermore, the other poster is right, presenting comments from democrats does nothing to change the fact that bush lied about yellow cake from niger and how in his rush to war, as he kicked out the inspectors, they based the majority of our intel on the comments of one man commonly known as "curve ball."

Do I respond when you lie about me in the very first paragraph or not? Sure I'll respond.

Unlike you I was being honest when I said that both parties, republican and democrat, were pushing forward with the WMD/Iraq scenerio. I never attempted to cover for bush only stated that fact...you had to inject your own opinion into it creating a red herring argument against me in paragraph 1

Lets move on to paragraph 2: Calling my quotes part of a "right wing talking points website" is yet another deflection and red herring. They are the words spoken by democratic members of congress, not someones interpretation. If you studied history or were paying attention in 1998 you would know that the republicans asked clinton to start a war with iraq in 1998, not just airstrikes. need a link, figured you would Informed Comment: Neocons to Clinton: Launch War on Iraq (1998) (oh wow look its a liberal guy's site)

Have I totally outed you enough...lets see what paragraph 3 brings shall we. Aww shucks you aren't saying anything I haven't already said in this thread. Guess I can't slam you 3/3, since we basically agree on the 3rd paragraph. (well other than my quotes from dems show dems in their own words peddling the yellow cake lie too) Hey wait that means 3/3 :lol:

Brush up buddy, you need to bring your A game not your C game

EDIT:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh crap, you were serious, weren't you? :eek: My advice: drink less koolaid.

did you see my post quoting him shortly after :lol: I gave him 20 examples of the dems peddling the same "lies" about Iraq :lol:

And I asked you a simple question concerning those comments and how they were based on what the WH told congress and you avoided that simple question. Imagine that. LOL
Do you really want an answer to this? Ok you asked for it :lol:

The house and senate both have their own seperate access to the intelligence.

Home Page
U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

This fact alone makes your argument a red herring as the senate and house have access to the same intelligence the president made his decision based on.

Last edited:

Do I respond when you lie about me in the very first paragraph or not? Sure I'll respond.

Unlike you I was being honest when I said that both parties, republican and democrat, were pushing forward with the WMD/Iraq scenerio. I never attempted to cover for bush only stated that fact...you had to inject your own opinion into it creating a red herring argument against me in paragraph 1

Lets move on to paragraph 2: Calling my quotes part of a "right wing talking points website" is yet another deflection and red herring. They are the words spoken by democratic members of congress, not someones interpretation. If you studied history or were paying attention in 1998 you would know that the republicans asked clinton to start a war with iraq in 1998, not just airstrikes. need a link, figured you would Informed Comment: Neocons to Clinton: Launch War on Iraq (1998) (oh wow look its a liberal guy's site)

Have I totally outed you enough...lets see what paragraph 3 brings shall we. Aww shucks you aren't saying anything I haven't already said in this thread. Guess I can't slam you 3/3, since we basically agree on the 3rd paragraph. (well other than my quotes from dems show dems in their own words peddling the yellow cake lie too) Hey wait that means 3/3 :lol:

Giving you a rep for punking the dumb fuck.

EDIT:

Do you really want an answer to this? Ok you asked for it :lol:

The house and senate both have their own seperate access to the intelligence.

Home Page
U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

This fact alone makes your argument a red herring as the senate and house have access to the same intelligence the president made his decision based on.

How is what I said about you a lie? I merely did the same to you that you were doing to others so if my statement about you is a lie then so is yours about others.

Furthermore, your whole post is nothing but an attempt to deflect and cover for bush as you try to shift some of the blame to the democrats as you ONLY quoted democrats. Oh anjd how was I being dishonest?? Did I not criticize the democrats for not asking enough questions and blindly accepting what bush had told them?? So how is that dishoenst?? For that matter how is you ONLY quoting democrats as you try to shift blame to the left being honest on your part??

paragraph 2, they are NOTHING but talking points presented by right wing hacks in a desperate attempt to spin and deflect criticism away from bush. Where did you get all of those quotes?? Do you have a link for each and every one or did you cut and paste them as is from a right wing talking points website?? Go on, provide the LINK (singular) that you got all of those quotes from. LOL The only one you have outed is yourself.

Then in your second cut and paste BS you can't even answer a simple question and think that providing a link to homepages of those sites is good enough. Nice spin but you lose AGAIN.

BTW I am still waiting on your links that support your claims concerning what you CLAIM obama said. So why do you keep avoiding providing them and why do you keep editing my posts and cutting out the parts that you can spin a response to??

Last edited:

Link to McCain being full of shit, you dumb fuck.
Think you have the monopoly on sarcasm?

That's my point, HYPOCRITE, you demand links of others PROVING their arguments when none has been provided to support the underlying claim made by mccain. Furthermore, I find it hilarious that you provide links to homepages, basically telling other posters to do the work for you and yet you demand links from others.

Furthermore, didn't mccain object to giving someone more time in the past? Didn't he try to claim that "I've been around here 20-some years. First time I've ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks. ... I just haven't seen it before myself." and yet there is an example of mccain doing just that.

CNS - October 7-11, 2002 - Page 4 - Congressional Record Weekly Update

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator's time has expired.

Mr. McCAIN. I object.

So in other words, mccain is full of shit.

Last edited:

I just think it's hilarious that I have a group of stalkers who follow me around the board and only troll into a thread to attack me personally as they offer NOTHING to the debate. LOL

Last edited:

I just think it's hilarious that I have a group of stalkers who follow me around the board and only troll into a thread to attack me personally as they offer NOTHING to the debate. LOL

First you dumb fuck, your the one who trolled on my post.
Second, nobody would stalk a dumb fuck like yourself.....paranoia?
Third, I don't debate ankle biters. LOL

First you dumb fuck, your the one who trolled on my post.
Second, nobody would stalk a dumb fuck like yourself.....paranoia?
Third, I don't debate ankle biters. LOL

HAHA says the troll hack who has followed me into more than a few threads to attack me personally as you failed to add anything of substance. Just like this current post of yours and the preceding post.

However, the sad fact is that you don't debate, you present your baseless partisan opinions and then cut and run from the facts as you lash out and attack those who disagree with you and your baseless OPINIONS. LOL

Oh and since you went there what post of yours did I troll on?

Oh and none of your baseless personal attacks change the FACT that mccain is full of shit and I showed that to be true based on his own objection to giving a senator more time when they asked for it.

So despite mccain's claim that he hasn't seen that in his 20 some years, the fact is that he engaged in it himself.

So it's not really surprising that chose not to comment on that FACT. LOL

Forum List

Back