Franken Shuts Down Lieberman On Senate Floor

Heres one where they shut down an investigation Conyers started by not allowing him to have a room to do it in.

They did this on election fraud too.

They had the least amount of investigation as any other congress

Daily Kos: Sensenbrenner Pulls Plug on Conyers

dailykos, huh?
Yes, Daily Kos, are you implying that it didn't happen?

I am implying that i would rather see a link from a source other than dailykos to get the facts....and I'm not talking about the huffingtonpost either.

I bet that did a lot to secure Lieberman's vote.
I watched it on cspan and was shocked. This does not happen in the US senate.
This will come back to bite Franken and the democrats, wait and see.

There is nothing the Dims can do to secure Liberman's vote. Even when they adopt his proposals, he comes out publically against them. They need to strip him of his committee assignments and go from there. it's not like placating him has done them any good.

Wait a minute...Isn't smilin' Al Frankenstein a J-O-O, too? :eusa_think:

What I find interesting is that not one liberal in this thread even had the balls to call 52st out on his racists remarks.

You know that if Dude, or myself had stated the exact same wording of 52st. they would have been on us like white on rice. Just an observation....

I am not surprised at all, they are racists and bigots when it serves their purpose and not when it doesn't. When it doesn't they just accuse those EVIL right wingers for being what they actually are.:lol:

There is nothing the Dims can do to secure Liberman's vote. Even when they adopt his proposals, he comes out publically against them. They need to strip him of his committee assignments and go from there. it's not like placating him has done them any good.

:clap2:

Office of the House Democratic Majority Leader Steny Hoyer

PP you are an idiot.

They prove nothing but you are a partisan hack.

Bush and team LIED to the American people and congress.

You still defend such behavior and thus prove you hold party over country evey time.

Show where i'm defending it? GO ahead you silly person.

All I was showing was that Bush and repbulicans were joined by many democrats in spreading the Iraq/WMD scenerio.
'
Your comments about my post, ONCE AGAIN, show you are indeed a partisan hack who cares not for the truth and only for party ideology.

The Associated Press: Franken shuts down Lieberman on Senate floor
(AP) – 2 hours ago
WASHINGTON — Democratic Sen. Al Franken took the unusual step Thursday of shutting down Sen. Joe Lieberman on the Senate floor.
Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, currently is the target of liberal wrath over his opposition to a government-run insurance plan in the health care bill.
Franken was presiding over the Senate Thursday afternoon as Lieberman spoke about amendments he planned to offer to the bill. Lieberman asked for an additional moment to finish — a routine request — but Franken refused to grant the time.
"In my capacity as the senator from Minnesota, I object," Franken said.
"Really?" said Lieberman. "OK."
Lieberman then said he'd submit the rest of his statement in writing.
Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona came to his friend Lieberman's defense, saying he'd never seen such a thing occur.
"I must say that I don't know what's happening here in this body but I think it's wrong," McCain said on the floor.
Franken's spokeswoman, Jess McIntosh, said that the Minnesota senator wouldn't allow Lieberman to continue because time limits were being enforced by Senate leaders rushing to finish a defense spending bill and get to the health bill.
(This version CORRECTS Lieberman asked for an additional moment to speak, not 30 seconds.)
:cuckoo:

The Associated Press: Franken shuts down Lieberman on Senate floor
(AP) – 2 hours ago
WASHINGTON — Democratic Sen. Al Franken took the unusual step Thursday of shutting down Sen. Joe Lieberman on the Senate floor.
Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, currently is the target of liberal wrath over his opposition to a government-run insurance plan in the health care bill.
Franken was presiding over the Senate Thursday afternoon as Lieberman spoke about amendments he planned to offer to the bill. Lieberman asked for an additional moment to finish — a routine request — but Franken refused to grant the time.
"In my capacity as the senator from Minnesota, I object," Franken said.
"Really?" said Lieberman. "OK."
Lieberman then said he'd submit the rest of his statement in writing.
Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona came to his friend Lieberman's defense, saying he'd never seen such a thing occur.
"I must say that I don't know what's happening here in this body but I think it's wrong," McCain said on the floor.
Franken's spokeswoman, Jess McIntosh, said that the Minnesota senator wouldn't allow Lieberman to continue because time limits were being enforced by Senate leaders rushing to finish a defense spending bill and get to the health bill.
(This version CORRECTS Lieberman asked for an additional moment to speak, not 30 seconds.)
another nitwit misconstrues what happened?

gawd, you're a fuckin' idjit!
:cuckoo:

exactly how was anything misconstrued? and i can't believe you don't realize that it was from the AP....

i will not be surprised if you don't answer.....

I know it's from AP and you are wrong about me replying. Eat shit.

The issue is misconstrued by the inference of why Fraken did what he did.
Fraken did not shut down Lieberman because of what he was saying or because of the content of his comments, so there is nothing to clap over except the misleading headline. :cuckoo:

PP you are an idiot.

You still defend such behavior and thus prove you hold party over country evey time.

All I was showing was that Bush and repbulicans were joined by many democrats in spreading the Iraq/WMD scenerio.
'
Your comments about my post, ONCE AGAIN, show you are indeed a partisan hack who cares not for the truth and only for party ideology.

You posted them in response to me saying Bush lied us into Iraq.

Bush lied us in to Iraq and every sane person knows this.

PP you are an idiot.

'

not true....else all the democrats lied as well....but you'll never admit that, becuase that would require honesty

PP you are an idiot.

'

I posted them in response to you leaving out the truth that many democrats joined the republicans/bush in the WMD in Iraq story.

I though you were truthmatters and would appreciate the ENTIRE truth and not just part of it.

'

not true....else all the democrats lied as well....but you'll never admit that, becuase that would require honesty

Did we find any WMDs or things that could produce a mushroom cloud?

NO

Sadam had nothing and the inspectors were telling Bush that before he kicked them off the job so he could attack.

Quotes about him having weapons are not lies but saying shit like we KNOW where they are and we are going to end up with a mushroom cloud if we dont attack were lies that got many Americans killed.

NO

Sadam had nothing and the inspectors were telling Bush that before he kicked them off the job so he could attack.

Quotes about him having weapons are not lies but saying shit like we KNOW where they are and we are going to end up with a mushroom cloud if we dont attack were lies that got many Americans killed.

you're a broken record....that above is not proof bush lied, rather, he was wrong...

dems believed he had wmd's, virtually every world leader did....but oh no, you would have us believe that ONLY bush told us that he had wmd's....you're funny

Elect a clown liks Stuart Smallie to the senate and you will have a circus. What a joke this senate has become!!!! they do what they want with total disregard for the American people!!! time for term limits is NOW!!!! Flush the toilet now REPLACE THEM ALL!!!!

NO

I s'pose you didn't get the memo that the Clinton administration was peddling the exact same information back in '98, when regime change in Iraq was made official federal policy, huh?

and Then Mcain moves in in to fake alarm (could be age) straight up lying about the procedure,. Really believe the opposite when this phony speaks.

Yes, because this, THIS, will be the nail in the coffin for him to not vote for Health Care. Because that makes Joe such a great guy for voting not by what's good for this country but politics. :rolleyes:

Never mind how much his wife is getting from Big Pharm and how much he's flip flopped over the past four months. I do hope Joe does run as a Republican for reelection, because there's no way in hell he's going to rewin his seat.

Gee and he used to be such a strong Democrat. Until the party tried to get rid of him and he beat them as an independent. What makes you think he can't do it again?

I see from the lack of any proof that a Republican has done this to a Democrat in the last twenty years McCain is correct. Demint says it is a load of crap in regards to Franken's excuse to boot. What are Republicans delaying? The final bill is not even available to be read yet. Reid wants a vote before anyone can get a full read on the bill and Obama is threating base closures and anything else he can think of to imdimate his own party members.

Forum List

Back