Franken Dealt A Blow

wrong, when you vote for president, you are voting for state electors, not the president, it is STILL a state election

Not to quibble over this -but I'm going to quibble anyway. LOL Since the names of the electors are not on the ballot, we aren't really voting for or against THEM. We are technically voting on which candidate's slate of electors we want sent to the electoral college, not the actual electors themselves. In other words -which candidate we want to receive the state's electoral votes.

Not to quibble over this -but I'm going to quibble anyway. LOL Since the names of the electors are not on the ballot, we aren't really voting for or against THEM. We are technically voting on which candidate's slate of electors we want sent to the electoral college, not the actual electors themselves. In other words -which candidate we want to receive the state's electoral votes.
yes, but it is STILL a state election
:D

I think the point is that it's the Democrat's choice, not the people's. No?
no
i was just correcting a mistake
she said it wasnt a "federal election" and we dont HAVE any federal elections
they are all state elections

I seriously doubt if that high a percent are frauduent.

It is really assinine for Coleman to ask Franken not to have a recount. You think Coleman would say this if the original vote was in Franken's favor.

I seriously doubt if that high a percent are frauduent.

It is really assinine for Coleman to ask Franken not to have a recount. You think Coleman would say this if the original vote was in Franken's favor.
i think they are BOTH acting like assholes on this recount

Of course. If it's between counting the votes and not counting the votes, the GOP always go with NOT counting the votes.

Have fun in the all Democratic Senate Norm.

If Al Franken was Republican, your statement would have change. You are too predictable. I wonder why they are studying new drugs.

I fail to see what is scary about the man and why you insult a cum laude graduate of Harvard who worked his way into school?

Who cares. He is so far to the left, I cannot imagine him making being a US Senator.

We need to dump the sketchy scheme of direct election of Senators and return to the original method of Senatorial selection as written in the Constitution. Like most reforms advocated by the Populist moment, this one is a bust.

There is far too much involvement of money in the selection process. The result of direct election is that the people feel they have 2 houses of representatives one called the House of Reps and the other called the Senate. In fact, the Senate was created not to represent the people, but to represent their states. Those interests may be consonant or may be divergent.

We need to dump the sketchy scheme of direct election of Senators and return to the original method of Senatorial selection as written in the Constitution. Like most reforms advocated by the Populist moment, this one is a bust.

There is far too much involvement of money in the selection process. The result of direct election is that the people feel they have 2 houses of representatives one called the House of Reps and the other called the Senate. In fact, the Senate was created not to represent the people, but to represent their states. Those interests may be consonant or may be divergent.
i agree
it also removed a line of responsibility to the local politicians

Forum List

Back