Obama prepares to shred Constitution (a little)

Tristan

Aug 5, 2008
You know... what's left of it I mean. :tongue:

VIOLATOR :razz:

From NBC’s Pete Williams
If President-elect Barack Obama nominates Hillary Clinton to be secretary of state, many legal scholars believe it would be the former law professor's first violation of the Constitution as president.

Why? Because the Constitution forbids the appointment of members of Congress to administration jobs if the salary of the job they'd take was raised while they were in Congress. (Article I, Section 6: "No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil office ... the Emoluments whereof shall have been encreased during such time."

Check the link. Obama would not be the first in this little faux pas. Nixon and LBJ and Clinton had a go of it among a few others. It's really more of a tiny scratch than a "shred" but who would want to read about that?

It's going to be a fun four years. :eusa_whistle:

I'm surprised there is anything left of the Constitution after the last 8 years. I mean didn't Bush say it's just a "goddamn piece of paper"?

Obama will wipe his filthy ass with the rest of it. Hide your money, hide your gun & hide your daugthers. He will rape it all.

Obama will wipe his filthy ass with the rest of it. Hide your money, hide your gun & hide your daugthers. He will rape it all.

He's gonna rape your daughters now? And you Cons wonder why you lost the election so badly

Buncha illiterate savages around here I swear. READ the link! Or at least the OP! It's MSNBC for Pete's sake. It's tounge in cheek.

Smile you bastards. :lol:

Uh...he's gonna rape my gun?

LOL...OK, that I'd actually pay money to see. The images....stop the images flowing through my brain right now!!!! :eek:

I'm surprised there is anything left of the Constitution after the last 8 years. I mean didn't Bush say it's just a "goddamn piece of paper"?

I'd like to see that link. Wonder why I never heard that before.

I'd like to see that link. Wonder why I never heard that before.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wmc60JmaLbE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wmc60JmaLbE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[URL="http://www.counterpunch.org/leupp12142005.html"]http://www.counterpunch.org/leupp12142005.html[/URL]

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

This information comes from three West Wing sources who say a fourth White House employee in the meeting told them the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper." That employee refused to return my phone calls but this kind of behavior is consistent with Bush's record on ignoring the Constitution when it suits his political purpose.

now of course ya'll will dismiss it as bullshit but it certainly sounds just like something Bush would say given his history of trying to ignore the constitution during his 8 years in office

now of course ya'll will dismiss it as bullshit but it certainly sounds just like something Bush would say given his history of trying to ignore the constitution during his 8 years in office

Nah. It had 3 "sources" and an "employee". The last thing I would do is dismiss someone's cherished belief when they so obviously need to cling to it so bitterly that they can't even enjoy their recent hard fought victory. Why would I want to mess that up?

Especially in a lighthearted thread from Olby's own network containing actual proof of unconstitutional actions perpetrated by the new messiah. You judge me too harshly.

Last edited:
Uh...he's gonna rape my gun?

LOL...OK, that I'd actually pay money to see. The images....stop the images flowing through my brain right now!!!! :eek:

haha Yeah well, so I got a bit excited! :eusa_drool:

Good luck with those images! lol

Nah. It had 3 "sources" and an "employee". The last thing I would do is dismiss someone's cherished belief when they so obviously need to cling to it so bitterly that they can't even enjoy their recent hard fought victory. Why would I want to mess that up?

Especially in a lighthearted thread from Olby's own network containing actual proof of unconstitutional actions perpetrated by the new messiah. You judge me too harshly.

:cuckoo:
I don't understand why it is so hard for them to understand. They continue to bring up Bush on most every subject. News flash.......Your guy won!!!! Get past the Bush obsession and enjoy your victory. What a pathetic way to go through life. Surely they won't bring Bush into every conversation during Obama's presidency.....that would be wishful thinking. I am sure everything Obama can't get done or passed will be because of Bush. Every bad situation that comes up during his reign will be because of Bush.
The other thing I will grow weary of very rapidly, will be that any policy disagreements of Obama will be written off as nothing more than racism. Just as it was for those that did not vote for the chose one.

Buncha illiterate savages around here I swear. READ the link! Or at least the OP! It's MSNBC for Pete's sake. It's tounge in cheek.

Smile you bastards. :lol:

There's no tongue in cheek with the foamers at the mouthes around here. They laugh at only their own jokes. You have to understand the rules.

1 Don't question Obama
2. Don't question anything Obama says or does
3. Don't question his associations
4. Don't even LOOK at Obama.

That, or the leftwingnut crew will dogpile your ass with denials, deflections and personal attacks.

I don't understand why it is so hard for them to understand. They continue to bring up Bush on most every subject. News flash.......Your guy won!!!! Get past the Bush obsession and enjoy your victory. What a pathetic way to go through life. Surely they won't bring Bush into every conversation during Obama's presidency.....that would be wishful thinking. I am sure everything Obama can't get done or passed will be because of Bush. Every bad situation that comes up during his reign will be because of Bush.
The other thing I will grow weary of very rapidly, will be that any policy disagreements of Obama will be written off as nothing more than racism. Just as it was for those that did not vote for the chose one.

Some liberals just aren't happy unless they are making themselves miserable. I really was just trying to have fun with both sides here, this is not a "scandal"!!!! It's even happened before and somehow the nation survived.

Anyway, how was Obama supposed to know about this. It's not like he was ever a constitutional law professor or something.

:lol::lol:

Here's a newsflash for you. We heard about Reagan/Bush I for 8 years after Bush left office, then it was onward and upward to attacking Bush. They aren't going to look too hard at their guy at all. That was obvious during the primaries when the responses to any questions about Obama were as follows:

1. You racist!

2. But McCain did/does this or that ....."

3. You racist!

Gunny, we have looked at your guy for eight years now. Two failed wars. 3000 Americans dead on American soil. The chief perp still alive after over seven years. An economic debacle. An American city destroyed by a hurricane, and he did nothing. Obama will take office 20Jan09. Then you can critique his Presidency. Until then, we all deal with the present idiot.

Oh yes, 365 electorial votes, at least 58 Dem Senators, 255 Dem Representatives. Get used to it. Going to be some changes. And none too soon. Eight years of corruption, incompetance, and lies. That is the legacy of George W. Bush.

Gunny, we have looked at your guy for eight years now. Two failed wars. 3000 Americans dead on American soil. The chief perp still alive after over seven years. An economic debacle. An American city destroyed by a hurricane, and he did nothing. Obama will take office 20Jan09. Then you can critique his Presidency. Until then, we all deal with the present idiot.

Look. Here's one now. Two failed wars, huh? Seems to me we are withdrawing troops from one, and the other was quite successful.

The 3000 Americans dead on American soil from a plan hatched during the 90s?

*Yawn* re: the economy. It's been going tits-up for decades, and once again, it was YOUR boys that loosened the lending practices.

American cities have been destroyed by hurricanes as long as there have been American cities and hurricanes. That argumment is lame as well. Had Nagin and Blanco been Republicans, REPUBLICANS would have hung their asses out to dry.

In other words, you're full of shit. Lameass talking points consisting of baseless rhetoric.

Oh, and if Obama is taking charge NOW, I'm critiquing his ass NOW. And don't try to pull anything on me. You won't be critiquing him Jan 20 09, 10, 11, or 12.

Gunny, your pissing in the wind. When you run across one who wishes to still chant that Bush holds most of the blame for 9/11 your facing a hopeless cause. The denial is so deep seeded there is little hope.

What is scary is that, the current Washington power structure also truly believes that.

Gunny, your pissing in the wind. When you run across one who wishes to still chant that Bush holds most of the blame for 9/11 your facing a hopeless cause. The denial is so deep seeded there is little hope.

What is scary is that, the current Washington power structure also truly believes that.

At least until the first American is killed on their watch that is. (God forbid)

I only meant to point out the wackyness of their hyperventilating about supposed Bush violations. (tip for the pananoid: If you don't want the government to know what books your reading, don't borrow books from the government) :tongue:

Forum List

Back