Franken Wins Major Victory In Absentee Count

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NOBama, Dec 13, 2008.

1. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    More

"UPDATE: The Franken campaign got more good news from the canvass board hearing. The state had, during the recount process, been unable to locate 133 ballots from the Minneapolis area. But rather than disregarding these votes, officials decided that they will use the results from Election Day."

LMAO!

2. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I seriously doubt the results of this election will ever be something anyone who cares about democracy will feel good about.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Total bullshit.

4. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    When my conservative side gets depressed thinking of Bush, I remind myself of a few things, Frank. Pelosi, Gore and yes, Franken!

In other words, someone is always worse off!

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    Exactly how does one "recount" ballots that do not exist? The second ruling is illegal as hell. Unless a ballot exists then one doe not just go with election night count, DUH , if we did that, WHY have a recount?

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You KNEW Franken was going to pull something out of his backside to steal this.

But I take exception to your including him with Frank, Pelosi and Gore. Those are just your average, run-of-the-mill leftwingnuts. Franken makes them look like 1930's Republicans.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,360
    It's good to know that not only NJ is a piece of shit state.

Err, I don't know...maybe it isn't good to know.

8. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    And Coleman is being investigated by the FBI....

Fox 9’s Tom Lyden reports that U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman and his wife, Laurie, were in the midst of a major home remodeling project in the spring of 2007, at the same time that a Texas firm controlled by Coleman benefactor Nasser Kazeminy was making payments to the insurance firm where Laurie Coleman works. The $328,000 project, which included the kitchen seen in a campaign ad, went over budget by $86,000 — a sum that is in the range of the amount that Deep Marine Technology directed to Laurie Coleman’s employer, the Hays Companies ($75,000, plus another $25,000 payment that was canceled).

So there is a circumstantial link between the payments and the house costs, a potential motive for Kazeminy to steer a sum like that to the Colemans, as two lawsuits allege and the FBI is now looking into. (The Republican senator has denied the charge and welcomed the investigation.) But it’s not yet a “gotcha” — as Lyden admits in a blog post. Like MnIndy, Fox 9 had been sniffing around Colemans’ remodeling project in relation to the Texas charges since before Election Day. Video, transcript and property tax record after the jump.

Another interesting tidbit: The Colemans paid a campaign donor $33,000 for design services on the project.

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. » Coleman’s remodeling project grew just as Texas firm paid his wife’s firm

9. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258

Hmmm .............. or the early 60's Kennedy's and Chicago thugs! ???

If you noticed, I held Franken's name for last!

10. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I don't understand this. Someone wants to remodel a gorgeous house. Ok, great. How much is it going to cost and how long will it take?

You get that on paper in writing and proceed if acceptable. If it costs more than they said it would, you take them to court. You don't just get $86,000 out of public programs and funnel it to the remodeling project for your house!!