Franken Wins Major Victory In Absentee Count

Delay is under indictment for money laundering.

Are you going to the Christmas Party at the Old Goat?

You know Chris, we could pick nearly any politician and if we dug deep enough into their career, we could find misconduct.

Over the years we have had the privilege of working with many, from the local, state and federal levels. We have met some really fine people from both parties, good people who truly mean well. But, even in them we would catch the wrong doings. True, some are small infractions, others are larger ones. However, that is not the point.

Once when being the subjects of a TV ad for one, we refused to do certain things and walked away from the project. Were we asked to do really terrible things? No, but, for us, it was wrong. The person was hurt by this, as we were friends and this was a national congressional seat which was going to be heavily contested. But, we were asked by the producers to add to our story and we simply could not do that.

In turn, on the business side, when we would receive payment for services, even though I knew the money was coming from the wrong place, that was not any of my business. The check was from the correct account and it was good.

So it's easy to sling mud, just remember, don't get too wrapped up in these people. They are far from perfect and the system is one which is designed to corrupt. Learn to be honest about the short comings of the ones you support the most.

Just my thoughts.

You know Chris, we could pick nearly any politician and if we dug deep enough into their career, we could find misconduct.

Over the years we have had the privilege of working with many, from the local, state and federal levels. We have met some really fine people from both parties, good people who truly mean well. But, even in them we would catch the wrong doings. True, some are small infractions, others are larger ones. However, that is not the point.

Once when being the subjects of a TV ad for one, we refused to do certain things and walked away from the project. Were we asked to do really terrible things? No, but, for us, it was wrong. The person was hurt by this, as we were friends and this was a national congressional seat which was going to be heavily contested. But, we were asked by the producers to add to our story and we simply could not do that.

In turn, on the business side, when we would receive payment for services, even though I knew the money was coming from the wrong place, that was not any of my business. The check was from the correct account and it was good.

So it's easy to sling mud, just remember, don't get too wrapped up in these people. They are far from perfect and the system is one which is designed to corrupt. Learn to be honest about the short comings of the ones you support the most.

Just my thoughts.

Sling mud?

Coleman is under investigation by the FBI.

I just posted a link to the story.

With all precincts recounted, Coleman has a 188-vote edge over Franken — down slightly from his 215-vote lead entering the recount.

But there's a long way to go. That margin doesn't include the absentees. Nor does it include any of the 6,655 ballot challenges the two campaigns filed during the recount. Both sides have withdrawn hundreds — including 750 Friday by Franken — but the state Canvassing Board will tackle some 3,450 starting Tuesday.

The board's decision on improperly rejected absentees doesn't guarantee they will be opened and counted because it doesn't have the power to order counties to do so. Most counties have gone forward with a voluntary sorting, though others have balked.

But Secretary of State Mark Ritchie said he's not worried about getting counties aboard.

"They are sobered, and they would like to correct those errors," he said.

The Associated Press: Al Franken gets boosts in Minnesota Senate recount

You KNEW Franken was going to pull something out of his backside to steal this.

But I take exception to your including him with Frank, Pelosi and Gore. Those are just your average, run-of-the-mill leftwingnuts. Franken makes them look like 1930's Republicans.

here we go listening to you run your mouth blaming Franken and anything you can on the Democrats when it was a JUDGE who made this decision. You don't like it, blame him. Hey Gunny, when is it that you're going to realize that you are completely full of shit?

Forum List

Back