Franken Wins Major Victory In Absentee Count

Too bad the Coleman FBI investigation wasn't revealed before the election or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Ah, the government policing the government. How original. I wonder how much the Democrats had to pay the FBI to investigate Coleman? (Remember when Bill Clinton got the IRS to audit people he didn't like? Maybe Hillary is in on this, too.)

Ah, the government policing the government. How original. I wonder how much the Democrats had to pay the FBI to investigate Coleman? (Remember when Bill Clinton got the IRS to audit people he didn't like? Maybe Hillary is in on this, too.)

That has to be the dumbest comment I have seen in a while.

Bush appointed the FBI director.

That has to be the dumbest comment I have seen in a while.

Bush appointed the FBI director.

Chris have you ever considered your political origins?

Liberal Sheep Breeding

Attachments

• $BigEckShaggingSheep.jpg
    $BigEckShaggingSheep.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 48
My apologies. I forgot the government is more than capable of policing itself.

The FBI is reportedly investigating allegations that a Minnesota businessman tried to funnel $75,000 in campaign contributions to Sen. Norm Coleman through the senator's wife, Laurie, at the same time Coleman was going into debt because of extensive home renovations.

According to a report from MyFOXTwinCities.com, two lawsuits allege that in the spring of 2007, Nasser Kazeminy began making $25,000 payments from Deep Marine Technology, a Texas company he controls, to Laurie Coleman's employer, insurer Hayes Companies Inc. of Minneapolis.

One of the lawsuits alleges that in March 2007, Kazeminy said that "U.S. senators don't make s---," and he would try to get money to the senator, MyFOXTwinCities.com said.

In 2006, the Colemans began renovations on their St. Paul home, adding a second-floor master bedroom, remodeling the kitchen, painting, refinishing floors and landscaping. Coleman's campaign told MyFOXTwinCities.com that the 2006 renovation project was budgeted at $328,000, but within four months the cost estimates hit $414,000 -- over-budget by $86,000.

Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman's Home Renovation Linked to Lawsuit - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

The FBI is reportedly investigating allegations that a Minnesota businessman tried to funnel $75,000 in campaign contributions to Sen. Norm Coleman through the senator's wife, Laurie, at the same time Coleman was going into debt because of extensive home renovations.

According to a report from MyFOXTwinCities.com, two lawsuits allege that in the spring of 2007, Nasser Kazeminy began making $25,000 payments from Deep Marine Technology, a Texas company he controls, to Laurie Coleman's employer, insurer Hayes Companies Inc. of Minneapolis.

One of the lawsuits alleges that in March 2007, Kazeminy said that "U.S. senators don't make s---," and he would try to get money to the senator, MyFOXTwinCities.com said.

In 2006, the Colemans began renovations on their St. Paul home, adding a second-floor master bedroom, remodeling the kitchen, painting, refinishing floors and landscaping. Coleman's campaign told MyFOXTwinCities.com that the 2006 renovation project was budgeted at $328,000, but within four months the cost estimates hit $414,000 -- over-budget by $86,000.

Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman's Home Renovation Linked to Lawsuit - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

WHAT? A Construction project running over BUDGET?

Well that IS unusual...

We best get the FBI on the Capital Visitor Center which was budgeted for just over 60 million and came in at 621 MILLION.. of course it needed all that extra work, from which, clearly, NO ONE IN GOVERNMENT BENEFITTED... except of course all of the Left-Think drivel which is enshrined throughout this marbelized farce.

Now if Coleman is under investigation for a few grand... I'd say there should be Federal legislators headin' to the bighouse BY THE HUNDREDS for that example of unbridled graft.

Last edited:
WHAT? A Construction project running over BUDGET?

Well that IS unusual...

We best get the FBI on the Capital Visitor Center which was budgeted for just over 60 million and came in at 621 MILLION.. of course it needed all that extra work, from which, clearly, NO ONE IN GOVERNMENT BENEFITTED... except of course all of the Left-Think drivel which is enshrined throughout this marbelized farce.

Now if Coleman is under investigation for a few grand... I'd say there should be Federal legislators headin' to the bighuse BY THE HUNDREDS for that example of unbridled graft.
you should see what moron chris left off that story

Coleman, not a party to the lawsuits, has denied any wrongdoing.

Good for Coleman, denying wrongdoing. Maybe he could share a cell with Blago.

That's a great idea.

Maybe they should reopen Alcatraz and put Delay, and Cunningham, and Blago, and Coleman, and Stevens, and Jefferson, and all the rest of them inside together.

what has delay been convicted of?
he got a "ham sandwich indictment"
Jefferson got caught red handed

Delay is under indictment for money laundering.

Are you going to the Christmas Party at the Old Goat?

I seriously doubt the results of this election will ever be something anyone who cares about democracy will feel good about.

I fail to see why you would have a problem with this election. They counted all legitimately cast ballots twice and they reviewed all rejected ballots. They have discovered 638 absentee ballots that were improperly rejected and are in fact, legitimate ballots that will likely end up being counted too -but not until after another hearing on the issue. But the fact is, the recount just hasn't worked out like Franken hoped -it only extended Coleman's lead from 217 or whatever it was -to 687.

Those additional properly cast absentee ballots that will likely be counted as well - are from all over the state and not from just a couple of heavily Democrat counties. So how realistic would it be to pretend that every single one of them is for Franken? They are highly likely to break in the same ratio as the election -and the odds that every single one of them is for Franken is as close to zero as you can get. But even if all 638 were for him, its still not enough to overtake Coleman. Which is why Franken is demanding that all illegitimately and improperly cast ballots also be counted -the ones state election law demands MUST be rejected and must stay rejected during all recounts. There are about 1500 of those.

Franken intends to go to court to force the state to count as a "legitimate ballot" all ballots that were wrongfully, improperly, illegitimately or fraudulently cast and thereby properly rejected under their election law. This is Franken's most desperate, last chance option -although it is an option extremely unlikely to change the outcome anyway. But he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the state supreme court to order Minnesota to violate its own election law and count those properly rejected ballots. No court is going to do that and thereby permanently taint this election as a fraudulent one by including ballots from people who failed to prove they were legal voters.

I wrote before that a legitimate recount only changes the outcome less than 1% of the time. Which actually goes to show how extraordinarily accurate our counting process really is in the first place -defying the Democrats' contention that unbiased machines just can't be trusted - unless they won the first time around of course. But if they lost a close race in the first count, Democrats will insist we must all pretend that inserting politically biased human beings into the counting process is somehow far more accurate and trustworthy.

Defying Democrats' contention that their own voters are less capable of following the simple instructions to cast a valid ballot, studies have shown rejected ballots end up in almost identical ratio as represented by counted ballots. The ballots of Democrats are not more likely to be rejected than those of a Republican. If a Democrat won among counted ballots, he is highly likely to have also won among rejected ballots by the same margin. If a Republican won among counted ballots, then he is likely to win among rejected ballots by the same margin. Rejected ballots favor NEITHER party but favor the winner of the original count instead. So even if Franken got some whacko court to insist MN must violate their own election law and count them -it is still highly unlikely to change the outcome at this point. Even among those rejected ballots, the odds are that Coleman probably won by a few votes in as close an outcome as among counted ballots. And extremely unlikely that by including those improperly cast ballots that Franken was the choice by a much higher percentage than among the counted ballots -so much so that he wiped out Coleman's 687 lead and overtook him.

But let's say that Franken did get the court to force MN to count those ballots -and that Franken not only wiped out Coleman's lead but emerged the winner. That would mean his win was actually a fraudulent, improper and illegitimate one since he only did so by means of such ballots. Which is why no court will allow them to be counted.

Franken lost and I see no realistic expectation of a different outcome now -even if all the outstanding issues are settled in his favor from here on out.

Forum List

Back