Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

That's ridiculous. Brian Kilmeade simply wanted to know if the woman makes Kool Aid. It's a very reasonable question. Who wouldn't want to know that?

56574f5a2100004a005abb71.png

Harris Faulkner appeared shocked by the seemingly racially-loaded question.

A "Fox & Friends" segment on peach cobbler appeared to get uncomfortably tense when anchor Brian Kilmeade asked co-host Harris Faulkner if she serves Kool-Aid with her meals.

The question was dished out as Faulkner, who is African-American, presented her recipe ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

After Faulkner mentioned that a summer version of her cobbler can be prepared as well, Kilmeade, who is white, asked, “Do you make Kool-Aid?”

As the video above shows, the lively chatter among the four hosts came to a brief halt as Faulkner reacted.

What Kilmeade may or may not know is that the popular mixed drink can be used to racially stereotype African-Americans, similarly to fried chicken or watermelon.

"Uh, do I do what?" she asked.

"Do you make Kool-Aid?" he repeated.

"Uh, no. No, I don’t make Kool-Aid,” Faulkner replied as fellow host Steve Doocy stared quizzically at Kilmeade before asking him, "What?"

"It reminds me of summer,” Kilmeade replied, getting the gang chatting once again as Faulkner pointed out that she did bring an “adult beverage.”

H/T Media Matters

Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Brian Kilmeade does seem mentally impaired. Harris Faulkner is a pretty, intelligent black woman who is married to a white guy.
Sorry, but if you have never heard of Kool-Aid being linked to blacks, then you would not realize it was a racially loaded question. I think the guy just thought of Kool-Aid as a summer time family drink, something the kids like.

This is an example of crying 'wolf.' When something like this happens, something innocent, and you make it out to be a big deal, a big racial issue, then you demean real racist issues. Very bad thing to do.

Really? Even Goofy Doocy was taken aback.
I bet you that the vast majority of people have never heard of it. I have blacks in my family and have been involved with black men in long term, several years, relationships, and I have never heard of it.

You're making a big racial issue out of nothing.

Kool-aid isn't a racially charged word...had he asked if she made Grape Drank, I'd have your back on this one...but not Kool-aid.

Kool-aid isn't a racially charged word...had he asked if she made Grape Drank, I'd have your back on this one...but not Kool-aid.

Then why do racists often include Kool-Aid along with chicken and watermelon when ridiculing blacks?

I had never heard that one before. And I really don't get that as being ridicule or stereotyping anyway. I love fried chicken and watermelon...and kool-aid for that matter. How does any of that translate into a negative?

Then why do racists often include Kool-Aid along with chicken and watermelon when ridiculing blacks?

I had never heard that one before. And I really don't get that as being ridicule or stereotyping anyway. I love fried chicken and watermelon...and kool-aid for that matter. How does any of that translate into a negative?

I'm 69, and Kool-Aid has been a racist stereotype for as long as I can remember.

tumblr_nmex4u8lIB1uspsfjo1_1280.jpg

This is the first I have EVER heard about kool-aid and blacks. I know that fried chicken and watermelon are stereotypes. I've heard malt liquor and chitterlings... grape and orange drink... never heard kool-aid. I know they started the fad of using kool-aid to color their hair but white kids are doing that too.

One thing that bothers me about this PC "racist" bullshit is how it detracts from TRUE racism. Pointing a finger at every little thing you can perceive racism into is not doing a thing to combat actual racism in America. It's like running around the country calling people out and condemning them as alcoholics because they have NyQuil in their bathroom medicine cabinets. Meanwhile, some drunk bastard is out there running over kids. It's just plain ignorant stupidity and it needs to stop.

This is the first I have EVER heard about kool-aid and blacks. I know that fried chicken and watermelon are stereotypes. I've heard malt liquor and chitterlings... grape and orange drink... never heard kool-aid. I know they started the fad of using kool-aid to color their hair but white kids are doing that too.

One thing that bothers me about this PC "racist" bullshit is how it detracts from TRUE racism. Pointing a finger at every little thing you can perceive racism into is not doing a thing to combat actual racism in America. It's like running around the country calling people out and condemning them as alcoholics because they have NyQuil in their bathroom medicine cabinets. Meanwhile, some drunk bastard is out there running over kids. It's just plain ignorant stupidity and it needs to stop.

Please. Use this opportunity to discuss the TRUE racism then. Consider it a BOSS PSA.

Kool-aid has nothing to do with race.

Really? What about chicken and watermelon? Why would Kilmeade ask Harris Faulkner if she makes Kool-Aid?
Why not? It is a common cheap drink that has no harmful side effects as far as anyone knows.

Damn, I used to make Kool Aid for my kids, so does that mean I am a black or that I am somehow a racist if I ask someone else if they make it?

You libtards are just so full of shyte it squeezes out of your ears.

This is real racism

Arrests Announced for Murder of 9-Year-Old Chicago Boy

Really? What about chicken and watermelon? Why would Kilmeade ask Harris Faulkner if she makes Kool-Aid?
Why not? It is a common cheap drink that has no harmful side effects as far as anyone knows.

Damn, I used to make Kool Aid for my kids, so does that mean I am a black or that I am somehow a racist if I ask someone else if they make it?

Do you also eat chicken and watermelon? And your point is...?

I'm 69, and Kool-Aid has been a racist stereotype for as long as I can remember.
You are a 69 year old ideologue, so what?

You probably think the color of shit means God is a racist too, but who cares?

Do you also eat chicken and watermelon? And your point is...?
Yes I do, and my point is that you have no point, dumbass.

Is eating chicken and watermelon racist?

Shouldn't something be done about these racist stores that continue to sell both?

Forum List

Back