Fox Wars

And there we have it. What could be a legitimate discussion about the media and white house turns into yet another whiny bratfest.

Why are so few people capable of thinking outside their partisan box.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I'm not a partisan. Disliking FOX news doesn't make one a partisan, especially if they equally dislike MSNBC.

This much is obvious, but it can be ignored I guess, for whatever point you were saying about how I should stop being "partisan." Don't know how I invoked partisanship in anything I personally said, you can show me if you'd like.

You ain't slappin shit c'ept your dick to FOX News. Sad, really. No, I'm not angry, but being wrong never stopped your trout mouth. You have plenty of enemies man, I get reps for dissing you. Jesus Christ, you this dickish all the time? Can't even get along with people over an internet forum? lol wowza. Porps for the reps, though.

On a parting note, whatever slapping around you're feeling you're doing to me, enjoy. It'd never happen in the oh-so-overrated "real world," Grandpaw. :lol: Keep on with those day naps, and you might be able to make the mail-box once again without the aid of wheels!!:eusa_pray:
You doth protest too loudly. It's fun to watch you flail, getting posts edited, losing your cool completely, while I sit here and laugh at you.

Obama's limpwristic, thin-skinned crybaby mantra of "mean old bully fox news is picking on me!" act appeals to you, because like him, you a limpwristic little shitbag, thin-skinned crybaby, who was also probably bullied on the playground.

It makes me LOL out loud and stuff!

Sounds like you're getting a tad emotional here.
I suppose humor is emotional, yes.

Note the big difference between that, and angry, like good ol' reliable G.T. is displaying!:lol:

And there we have it. What could be a legitimate discussion about the media and white house turns into yet another whiny bratfest.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I'm not a partisan
Haha!

I am gonna NEED Obamacare to get these stitches in my SIDE fixed!

I've made at least 6 posts elsewhere just today, opposing Obama's Afghanistan stone-walling. Feel free to think what you'd like, feel free to remain wrong. :razz:

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I'm not a partisan
Haha!

I am gonna NEED Obamacare to get these stitches in my SIDE fixed!

I've made at least 6 posts elsewhere just today, opposing Obama's Afghanistan stone-walling. Feel free to think what you'd like, feel free to remain wrong. :razz:
I've made several defending his Afghanistan actions, and offering up what I think he might actually, hopefully be doing.

So?

I have known you to be a blind partisan hack for a very long time.

You have plenty of enemies man, I get reps for dissing you.
True, actual non-partisans have lots and lots of enemies. That's good!

You're getting repped? Aww, ain't that sweet? Hopefully it'll help salve the lesions on your stupid ass myself and others are giving you daily!:lol:

I've made several defending his Afghanistan actions, and offering up what I think he might actually, hopefully be doing.

So?

I have known you to be a blind partisan hack for a very long time.

Google is your friend. I think you have me mixed up with someone else, or, you're also taking my criticisms of decietful talking heads as me being "political."

No, that's just simpleton thinking on your part; my views are what make me "partisan" or not, and my views are pretty center. Therefore, I don't shill for a side. I do; however, shill against decievers because that's just how the fuck I roll. :eusa_angel:

Now, go google me right quick and take your old man slippers out yer mouth.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I'm not a partisan. Disliking FOX news doesn't make one a partisan, especially if they equally dislike MSNBC.

This much is obvious, but it can be ignored I guess, for whatever point you were saying about how I should stop being "partisan." Don't know how I invoked partisanship in anything I personally said, you can show me if you'd like.

Then you should be able to understand that for the WH to overstep the boundaries of its established protocols with the press is, in fact, not appropriate.

I have outlined why those protocols are in place and why they are important. Yet, time and again, you insist that the WH that is right and Fox that are wrong. GT, that is simply not true. So, either your blinkered by a dislike of Fox or just too dumb to recognize what the WH was trying to do.

I was once employed in the media and have been a media watcher for a very long time since moving on to other things. A few observations at this point:

1. Objective polling groups, including a UCLA study, clearly indicate that there is detectable partisan and cultural bias in the media and that bias tilts mostly left. That would include most programming on CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, a few radio outlets, and most of the nations newspapers and news magazines.

2. The internet seems to be relatively evenly divided ideologically and Fox News Network does not offer news and political analysis but leaves that up to the local affiliates.

3. Fox News (not the network), a couple of religious cable channels, most successful talk radio, and a handful of newspapers and magazines tilt right.

4. On television, Fox News remains #1 of all cable news outlets and more and more is beating the free network newscasts as well. This is because they are essentially fair and balanced, they give both sides of every issue, and they are the ONLY source that is reporting on many issues. Without Fox, the American public would be getting only one side of the issues and wouldn't be hearing about many of the issues at all.

5. All the other news outlets have to do to compete with Fox is to start doing their job which means that they couldn't, as they are now, be lapdogs or advocates for or surrogate spokespeople for the Administration and leftists in Congress.

Most of the voting electorate aren't stupid and most people want the truth, not orchestrated propaganda. They feel they can get that from Fox News more competently than they can get it from other sources.

You would think with steady erosion of their ratings and advertisers, the other media sources would wise up. Perhaps they are hoping the war against Fox will be successful and clear the way for them to continue to be blindly partisan and culturally biased. Those of us who still love our freedoms better hope the war on Fox is not successful however, because if it is they'll come after us here on these message boards and other informative websites too. Nothing emboldens anybody as much as success whether it be for good or evil.

It'd never happen in the oh-so-overrated "real world," Grandpaw. :lol: Keep on with those day naps, and you might be able to make the mail-box once again without the aid of wheels!!:eusa_pray:
Oh, how funny! You again resort to ageism bigotry! Which is really a hoot, considering you don't even know my age!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But, I remember us having this same issue before! You are a bigot. We established that last time!

Google is your friend. I think you have me mixed up with someone else, or, you're also taking my criticisms of decietful talking heads as me being "political."

No, that's just simpleton thinking on your part; my views are what make me "partisan" or not, and my views are pretty center. Therefore, I don't shill for a side. I do; however, shill against decievers because that's just how the fuck I roll. :eusa_angel:

Now, go google me right quick and take your old man slippers out yer mouth.
I don't have you mixed up at all.

Then you should be able to understand that for the WH to overstep the boundaries of its established protocols with the press is, in fact, not appropriate.

I have outlined why those protocols are in place and why they are important. Yet, time and again, you insist that the WH that is right and Fox that are wrong. GT, that is simply not true. So, either your blinkered by a dislike of Fox or just too dumb to recognize what the WH was trying to do.
You either can't read, or you're reading someone else. I actually acknowledged it was childish, and never called it the "right" decision, I simply said it's what I would do myself (knowing it's childish and not giving a shit).

So, re-read what you've been reading and get back to me. I never insisted the WH was right. Not once, but you said "time and again" I have. If you're going to critique what I'm saying, address what I actually say.

"Very best" answering YOUR "articulate" meter.

And they are.

And also some of the most credible.

You seem to be weaseling.

I didn't set any meter by the way.
You're weaseling. You DID set a meter, a standard, by saying you didn't know "how articulate their liberal commentators are."

"Articulate" was the meter, and I blew that bullshit right out of the water with many good examples, and you have been backpedaling ever since.

Then you tried to move the goalposts, like a weasel, by saying one of them wasn't "credible." I happly accepted the new position of the goalposts, and blew another football right down the middle of them anyway.

Stop flailing, it's unbecoming.

Ah, I see where I said that - I was looking at Caligirls post where articulate was initially mentioned.

mea culpa.

I would never, ever call Sharpton the "best" of anything but bullshit and considering him representative of liberal views is like considering Glenn Beck representative of conservative views. Having him as "liberal commentator" is an insult.

I was once employed in the media and have been a media watcher for a very long time since moving on to other things. A few observations at this point:

1. Objective polling groups, including a UCLA study, clearly indicate that there is detectable partisan and cultural bias in the media and that bias tilts mostly left. That would include most programming on CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, a few radio outlets, and most of the nations newspapers and news magazines.

2. The internet seems to be relatively evenly divided ideologically and Fox News Network does not offer news and political analysis but leaves that up to the local affiliates.

3. Fox News (not the network), a couple of religious cable channels, most successful talk radio, and a handful of newspapers and magazines tilt right.

4. On television, Fox News remains #1 of all cable news outlets and more and more is beating the free network newscasts as well. This is because they are essentially fair and balanced, they give both sides of every issue, and they are the ONLY source that is reporting on many issues. Without Fox, the American public would be getting only one side of the issues and wouldn't be hearing about many of the issues at all.

5. All the other news outlets have to do to compete with Fox is to start doing their job which means that they couldn't, as they are now, be lapdogs or advocates for or surrogate spokespeople for the Administration and leftists in Congress.

Most of the voting electorate aren't stupid and most people want the truth, not orchestrated propaganda. They feel they can get that from Fox News more competently than they can get it from other sources.

You would think with steady erosion of their ratings and advertisers, the other media sources would wise up. Perhaps they are hoping the war against Fox will be successful and clear the way for them to continue to be blindly partisan and culturally biased. Those of us who still love our freedoms better hope the war on Fox is not successful however, because if it is they'll come after us here on these message boards and other informative websites too. Nothing emboldens anybody as much as success whether it be for good or evil.
I too worked in radio, TV and newspaper media. Writing, producing, reporting, talking, directing and just good ol' being a jock.

What I remember most though, was my junior year in college, the Dean of Journalism and the Director of Student Publications pulled me into an office one day (I was news editor of the campus paper and they were looking at me for EiC next semester) and said, "if you're going to really make it in this business you have got to become more liberal in your views." I told them I didn't know what they were talking about, what "liberal" was (I didn't) and they began to explain political correctness to me.

I left that meeting going, "hmm.... Did they realize they were talking to a soon to be journalist, a newsman?" And then proceeded to write a award-winning column about that meeting, with verbatim quotes, and all.

Imagine their chagrin. Oh and I turned down the EiC post!

Last edited:
Ah, I see where I said that - I was looking at Caligirls post where articulate was initially mentioned.

Post #140

mea culpa.
I applaud that. It's so rare to see here.:clap2:

I would never, ever call Sharpton the "best" of anything but bullshit and considering him representative of liberal views is like considering Glenn Beck representative of conservative views. Having him as "liberal commentator" is an insult.
Clearly you have never listened to the man when he is presenting his arguments. I strongly suggest it, you might come away with a whole new perspective of him.

I seldom agree with him, you understand. But that doesn't stop me from respecting him. But if you want him off my list, fine. I have 7 or 8 others there you didn't know about, which we can discuss.

I too worked in radio, TV and newspaper media. Writing, producing, reporting, talking, directing and just good ol' being a jock.

What I remember most though, was my junior year in college, the Dean of Journalism and the Director of Student Publications pulled me into an office one day (I was news editor of the campus paper and they were looking at me for EiC next semester) and said, "if you're going to really make it in this business you have got to become more liberal in your views." I told them I didn't know what they were talking about, what "liberal" was (I didn't) and they began to explain political correctness to me.

I left that meeting going, "hmm.... Did they realize they were talking to a soon to be journalist, a newsman?" And then proceeded to write a award-winning column about that meeting, with verbatim quotes, and all.

I was probably in the business well before you. In my day ANY detectable bias in a news story whether for print, radio, or television, got your knuckles rapped by the News Desk and, if blatant, would get you fired. We were expected to report Who, Why, What, Where, When, and How and nothing else, and our loyalty was to be to the truth with accuracy and nothing else. Any information that could affect ANYBODY's business, livelihood, privacy, or reputation had to be carefully multiple sourced and verified so that there was no question before it was printed. (Now they put it out there if anybody anywhere says it, even if it is somebody within their own news organization.)

I got out of the business when emotion became more important than hard facts, and I've never regretted leaving. Unfortunately that left most of the media saturated with leftists who deal in emotionalism and facts are almost an afterthought if they are presented at all. Certainly there isn't a lot of effort to be fair and balanced.

Talk radio is often not fair and balanced, but it does at least provide the other side of the story we are getting from the leftist media near monopoly. And Fox News is just about the only mainstream television source we have where we are getting most or all of the news of the day--they will tackle hot button issues that the other media groups ignore or deep six.

So kudos to you for standing on principle. I am hoping that Fox's success will persuade more and more of the media to choose to do so. It won't happen if the Administration is successful in their war on Fox, however.

Last edited:

Post #140

mea culpa.
I applaud that. It's so rare to see here.:clap2:

Clearly you have never listened to the man when he is presenting his arguments. I strongly suggest it, you might come away with a whole new perspective of him.

I seldom agree with him, you understand. But that doesn't stop me from respecting him. But if you want him off my list, fine. I have 7 or 8 others there you didn't know about, which we can discuss.

My view of Sharpton is colored by how he handled the Duke University incident, I lost any respect for him (not that I had a whole lot anyway) and I tune him out. You are right though - I should listen :)

It sounds as if many people are making excuses for Fox by saying that even though it is biased to the right - that is ok because everyone else is biased to the left? If if true that doesn't make it accurate news or excuse it's journalistic lapses. It seems as if people are willing to condone a lower journalistic standard if it favors their ideology.

I was probably in the business well before you. In my day ANY detectable bias in a news story whether for print, radio, or television, got your knuckles rapped by the News Deak and, if blatant, would get you fired. We were expected to report Who, Why, Where, When, and How and nothing else, and our loyalty was to be to the truth with accuracy and nothing else. Any information that could affect ANYBODY's business, livelihood, privacy, or reputation had to be carefully multiple sourced and verified so that there was no question before it was printed. (Now they put it out there if anybody anywhere says it, even if it is somebody within their own news organization.)

I got out of the business when emotion became more important than hard facts, and I've never regretted leaving. Unfortunately that left most of the media saturated with leftists who deal in emotionalism and facts are almost an afterthought if they are presented at all. Certainly there isn't a lot of effort to be fair and balanced.

Talk radio is often not fair and balanced, but it does at least provide the other side of the story we are getting from the leftist media near monopoly. And Fox News is just about the only mainstream television source we have where we are getting most or all of the news of the day--they will tackle hot button issues that the other media groups ignore or deep six.

So kudos to you for standing on principle. I am hoping that Fox's success will persuade more and more of the media to choose to do so. It won't happen if the Administration is successful in their war on Fox, however.
On the high school level, in Journalism 101, it was that way. But when I got into college is where I saw the change. And it's systematic, I saw it elsewhere as well.

Like you, I left the business too, but for greener pastures. I can always make money writing when I'm 60, no need to waste my good years in that rat race. One of my friends, he's been stuck at a medium-low circulation newspaper all his adult life, and has (ooooooh) moved up to assignments editor!

We used to meet annually, comparing our income and drinking beer. I was always making twice, at least, the money he was. And he's miserable, feels trapped. I feel sorry for him, I really do. He's done everything right, everything they have asked, except change some of his strongly held views.

Forum List

Back