Fox News Shuts Out Ron Paul

From what I understand, there hasn't been a confirmation or a denial, either way.

There also seems to be conflicting reports about WHO exactly makes the decision in this case, the NH GOP, or Fox News. There doesn't seem to be a straight answer coming from either.

Regardless though, ONCE AGAIN i'll say this...THIS IS AMERICA. A news organization, especially one as influential as an MSM outlet such as Fox, not including certain candidates, is WRONG.

If it's Fox making the decision, shame on them, and shame on anyone who supports it. If it's the NH GOP, then they'll be getting their dose of discontent from plenty of people.

Why does the establishment keep trying to hold RP down? What's the big fucking deal? He's not going to win ANYWAY, right? So why not INCLUDE his 'kooky' ass? What is everyone so damn afraid of?

EDIT: As a sidenote, I believe this is supposed to be held at St. Anselm College...

That may just be the biggest support base, as far as colleges go, that RP has. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who attend St. Anselm that are RP supporters. I've personally seen it with my own eyes. Don't expect many people to even show up to this event if RP is left out.

Sounds like you've got more inside info. Let us know what you can. For my part I'm inclined to believe that Fox News would do such a thing, but hey.

All I really have to go on is browsing online. I get a lot of my info about what's going on in the RP world from dailypaul.com and ronpaulforums.com.

There are a lot of people at those places that are way more informed than me.

I actually thought that's where you got this from, because the 2 threads you made about RP are both some of the more discussed topics at Daily Paul.

I wouldn't put it past Fox News OR any state's GOP party leadership to pull this kind of shit. They've been doing it since Ron announced his candidacy.

The only thing that's going to stop this shit from continually happening is for Ron to win or place high in some primaries. THAT'LL shut em the fuck up.

First up, Iowa in 2 days. I have to admit, I'm concerned about that Bollyn piece.

Why can't ballots just be counted by hand in public? How is this a democracy if ballots are counted behind closed doors, away from public scrutiny? We're supposed to just TRUST people to do the right thing? Come on.

First up, Iowa in 2 days. I have to admit, I'm concerned about that Bollyn piece.

Why can't ballots just be counted by hand in public? How is this a democracy if ballots are counted behind closed doors, away from public scrutiny? We're supposed to just TRUST people to do the right thing? Come on.

I need to educate myself on exactly how the Iowa system works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_caucuses

I need to educate myself on exactly how the Iowa system works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_caucuses

Please don't stop at Wikipedia, though. If you really want to know, you should make some phone calls at least. Wikipedia isn't 100% iron-clad accurate. Any idiot can go in there and edit it to their liking.

What I do know, is that there will be plenty of people keeping an eye on the voting process during the entire course of this election cycle. There are also safeguards that will be implemented to make sure the final vote count is accurate and truthful. I hope so, anyway.

http://www.libertybroadcastnetwork.org/
http://takebackamerica2008.com/

:clap2:

If the public can be videoed and monitored every damn place you look today, then why can't the voting process and the subsequent counting of paper ballots be under public scrutiny via the camera?

Any questions could be settled right on the spot locally anywhere in the process in full public view...thus avoiding any after-election nonsense.

From what I understand, there hasn't been a confirmation or a denial, either way.

There also seems to be conflicting reports about WHO exactly makes the decision in this case, the NH GOP, or Fox News. There doesn't seem to be a straight answer coming from either.

Regardless though, ONCE AGAIN i'll say this...THIS IS AMERICA. A news organization, especially one as influential as an MSM outlet such as Fox, not including certain candidates, is WRONG.

If it's Fox making the decision, shame on them, and shame on anyone who supports it. If it's the NH GOP, then they'll be getting their dose of discontent from plenty of people.

Why does the establishment keep trying to hold RP down? What's the big fucking deal? He's not going to win ANYWAY, right? So why not INCLUDE his 'kooky' ass? What is everyone so damn afraid of?

EDIT: As a sidenote, I believe this is supposed to be held at St. Anselm College...

That may just be the biggest support base, as far as colleges go, that RP has. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who attend St. Anselm that are RP supporters. I've personally seen it with my own eyes. Don't expect many people to even show up to this event if RP is left out.

So when the Dems refused to participate in debates on Fox, what was your opinion then?

Ron Paul's popularity is a real oddity for the republican party and I would guess Faux news as the republicans are their party. In our travels this past long weekend I have seen more Paul signs in PA and NJ than any one else, only one Obama and one Romney bumper sticker. I have only see a few Hillary stickers in months? Guess it is too early but a Martian would think Paul was the one.

If someone is throwing a party, they can invite whoever they want. Fox is hosting a debate and they don't want to invite RP and DH. Big deal. I'm not loosing any sleep over it. In the debates I've seen thus far, RP was about as relevant as Alan Keyes.

That is the problem with privately paid for debates. The sponsor gets to make the rules and can exclude or include at will. The alternative is to have the FEC host the debates. Then there would be a qualification checklist to adhere to. But, of course, I don't want my tax dollars spent that way.

If someone is throwing a party, they can invite whoever they want. Fox is hosting a debate and they don't want to invite RP and DH. Big deal. I'm not loosing any sleep over it. In the debates I've seen thus far, RP was about as relevant as Alan Keyes.

it is not just someone throwing a party it is supposed to fair and balanced television journalism that have been granted the privilege to do so and carries with it responnabiltys...that fact someone with such a limited perspective is not losing any sleep over it is what is really irrelevant

it is not just someone throwing a party Actually that is a great analogy.
it is supposed to fair and balanced television journalism that have been granted the privilege to do so and carries with it responnabiltys According to whom? You? Me? the FCC? That is a great sentiment, and I agree with it BTW, but unless you got link..... it isn't the law.
...that fact someone with such a limited perspective is not losing any sleep over it is what is really irrelevant

Actually the Master Chief made an excellent point. I understand you don't agree. Your rebuttal though is weak since it attempts to shoot the messenger.

Actually the Master Chief made an excellent point. I understand you don't agree. Your rebuttal though is weak since it attempts to shoot the messenger.

I am just so sick of the low standards and the acceptance and even support of such Action's. for it is that which makes it possible .lies are now considered spin or disinformation-the media is absolutely controled and manipulated and censored and people are only concerned with their team appearing to score and no one gives a good god dam about truth or reality or morality

I am just so sick of the low standards and the acceptance and even support of such Action's. I'm not sure anyone supports it. You must accept it, since it is the reality.f

or it is that which makes it possible .lies are now considered spin or disinformation-there is a difference between the three terms you are using. IF you can demonstrate actual deception by the (fill in the blank) then you have a cause of action. Slanting, Spinning, and rationing truth (Disinformation) are perfectly legal.

the media is absolutely controled and manipulated Agreed, by the owners for the former and PR Flacks etc for the latter. Don't leave out the execs who set the policy and the "if it bleeds...." mantra of journalism in and of itself.

and censored by whom? Got link?

and people are only concerned with their team appearing to score and no one gives a good god dam about truth or reality or morality A bit overstated I believe. But, fundamentally true, and has been the case longer than I have walked the earth.

Happy new year

In other words the one "lying" "spinning" and providing "disinformation" would be none other than Ron Paul.

The event was canceled weeks ago AND he WAS invited but chose not to commit to the debate.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Forum List

Back