Fox News Shuts Out Ron Paul

OH YA BY THE WAY

Topic: Ron Paul
Ron Paul ??? excluded from Fox debate - UPDATED

by William Westmiller
(Libertarian)
[See my concluding comment at the bottom and my new article 'Ron Paul: Fair and Balanced'.]

One of the hazards of instant mass communication is that incorrect stories can get distributed immediately. A particular hazard during holiday vacations. [*And when those who know the full story aren't talking*]

There is NO NH "DEBATE" on January 6th. That event was canceled three weeks ago. Ron Paul has, so far, been excluded from an "event" planned by Fox News.

Jason George of the Baltimore Sun reports at 6:02pm ET 12/30/07:

Fergus Cullen, chairman of the New Hampshire State Republican Committee, confirmed Sunday evening to the Tribune that, yes, there will be a televised Fox News presidential candidate forum on Jan. 6, and yes, Rep. Ron Paul was not invited when the other candidates were a week or so ago.
"My understanding is that five candidates to that point had been offered spots but the event is still coming together," Cullen said.
The candidates invited to the forum/debate – whatever you want to call it – will be Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain, Gov. Mitt Romney and Sen. Fred Thompson.
Cullen said the event, which is set to take place two days before the New Hampshire primary, will be held in the afternoon or evening at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H. When asked if Fox News, which is co-sponsoring the debate with the NH party, planned to invite Paul later, Cullen said he didn't know.
"It's really premature. Just the other day candidates started to accept invitations."

The Paul campaign is still in the dark and Fox News is not talking:

"On the evening of December 28, Jared Chicoine and Jordan Brown of our New Hampshire campaign staff met in person with Fergus Cullen the New Hampshire GOP chairman to discuss whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited to participate in the forum. Mr. Cullen confirmed there will be an event on January 6, but he could not confirm whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited. We also learned the event would not be a debate with an audience, but instead would be a forum in a closed studio with the candidates questioned only by Chris Wallace of Fox News."

http://www.nolanchart.com/article797.html

MANCHESTER – This weekend’s presidential debates and forum will not include some nationally-known candidates, and the chairmen of the state Republican and Democratic parties are not happy.

Fergus Cullen and Raymond Buckley say the decisions by ABC News, WMUR and, in Cullen’s case, FOX News, are inconsistent with the New Hampshire primary’s tradition of providing a level playing field for all candidates.

ABC News and WMUR-TV (Channel 9) confirmed today that they have established performance-based criteria for Saturday night’s pair of presidential debates. Those rules could leave several relatively well-known candidates on the outside looking in, including Democrats Dennis Kucinich, Joe Biden and Chris Dodd.

And Cullen confirmed that FOX News has invited only five presidential candidates to a GOP forum scheduled for Sunday night, leaving out Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter.

http://ronpaul2008nyc.wordpress.com/2007/12/31/fox-abc-to-reduce-debate-fields/

Ron Paul Furious over Fox Debate Snub

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:34 PM

Article Font Size

Fox News says it has limited space in its studio, which leaves Rep. Ron Paul out of a weekend debate.

NEW YORK -- ABC and Fox News Channel are narrowing the field of presidential candidates invited to debates this weekend just before the New Hampshire primary, in Fox's case infuriating supporters of Republican Rep. Ron Paul.

Fox News says it has limited space in its studio, which leaves Rep. Ron Paul out of a weekend debate.

The roster of participants for ABC's back-to-back, prime-time Republican and Democratic debates Saturday in New Hampshire will be determined after results of Thursday's Iowa caucus become clear.

Fox, meanwhile, has invited five GOP candidates to a forum with Chris Wallace scheduled for its mobile studio in New Hampshire on Sunday. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee received invites, leaving Paul of Texas and Rep. Duncan Hunter of California on the sidelines.

The network said it had limited space in its studio -- a souped-up bus -- and that it invited candidates who had received double-digit support in recent polls.

In a nationwide poll conducted December 14-20 by The Associated Press and Yahoo, Thompson had the support of 11 percent of GOP voters and Paul was at 3 percent. Paul's support is at 6 percent in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll conducted in early December

http://newsmax.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Furious_over_Fox/2008/01/01/60958.html

All these RP supporters are so dang funny--they talk all about freedom until someone uses their freedom in a way that they don't like, then it is name calling and belittlement: the true badge of a mental midget. RP is a wacko and will go the way of all wacko presidential contenders--ignored by the majority of reasonable thinking voters while their supporters cry and whine. :eusa_boohoo:

All these RP supporters are so dang funny--they talk all about freedom until someone uses their freedom in a way that they don't like, then it is name calling and belittlement: the true badge of a mental midget. RP is a wacko and will go the way of all wacko presidential contenders--ignored by the majority of reasonable thinking voters while their supporters cry and whine. :eusa_boohoo:

corporate media propaganda is not a freedom name calling the sign of a mental midget ? wacko,cry,whine....fucktard ?

These words of wisdom come to you from a true RP supporter.

these words of irrelevance come to you from masterchief... king of irrelevant statements

Ernest Hancock
Date: 12-30-2007
Subject: Presidential Campaigns for 2008 - United States

(Latest here from the Baltimore Sun Late Sun. Dec. 30th)

Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul? pt. 2

On December 27, the Associated Press reported: "The New Hampshire Republican Party is sponsoring a forum for Republican presidential candidates on Jan. 6, two days before the state's first-in-the-nation primary." Later in the article, the AP stated: "Participating in the forum will be Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson."

On the evening of December 28, Jared Chicoine and Jordan Brown of our New Hampshire campaign staff met in person with Fergus Cullen the New Hampshire GOP chairman to discuss whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited to participate in the forum. Mr. Cullen confirmed there will be an event on January 6, but he could not confirm whether or not Dr. Paul would be invited. We also learned the event would not be a debate with an audience, but instead would be a forum in a closed studio with the candidates questioned only by Chris Wallace of Fox News.

A few hours after that meeting, we contacted Fox News seeking clarification. Later that night, we issued a press release while waiting to hear from Fox News.

On December 29, the Baltimore Sun featured a report by Jason George. Mr. George reported, "Calls and emails to Fox News spokespersons by the Tribune were not returned Saturday evening.

"An official at the New Hampshire GOP, which is co-sponsoring the event with Fox, said that Paul might still be included, but the planning for the debate was still coming together and it was ultimately Fox's call."

As of late afternoon today (December 30), we have nothing more to report.

Kent Snyder
Chairman, Ron Paul 2008

these words of irrelevance come to you from masterchief... king of irrelevant statements

sloanac11uz4.jpg

We all are usually speechless from the mind numbingly idiotic clap trap you routinely post.

no your speechless because you cant address the issues and resort to words like idiot clap trap without any specifics to avoid that fact .by the way i am still waiting for you to enlighten me on the tri lateral commission ,the cfr and bilderburgs ,their connection to the Rockefeller's and what this means to America

no your speechless because you cant address the issues and resort to words like idiot clap trap without any specifics to avoid that fact .by the way i am still waiting for you to enlighten me on the tri lateral commission ,the cfr and bilderburgs ,their connection to the Rockefeller's and what this means to America

Que twilight zone music...... Your delusions are not ours and I do mean most of the people on this board and in the United States. I do not need to address them. I already destroyed any of your ignorant rants on 9/11 conspiracies.

You can not name names, you can not list facts and resort to quotes that do NOT say what you claim they say. This is just more of the same. Your the little boy that cried wolf, even if you turn out to be right on something no one is going to listen because you made so much shit up before.

Que twilight zone music...... Your delusions are not ours and I do mean most of the people on this board and in the United States. I do not need to address them. I already destroyed any of your ignorant rants on 9/11 conspiracies.

You can not name names, you can not list facts and resort to quotes that do NOT say what you claim they say. This is just more of the same. Your the little boy that cried wolf, even if you turn out to be right on something no one is going to listen because you made so much shit up before.

making media programed responses like Que twilight zone music,then followed
by false statements..is hardly destroying my arguments...and the CFR ..TRI LATERAL COMMISSION AND BILDERBURGS are very real and the concerns over there agenda and influence are a very real grown up issue...so why don't you just admit This is just another flailing attempt to avoid the fact you have no idea what your talking about

making media programed responses like Que twilight zone music,then followed
by false statements..is hardly destroying my arguments...and the CFR ..TRI LATERAL COMMISSION AND BILDERBURGS are very real and the concerns over there agenda and influence are a very real grown up issue...so why don't you just admit This is just another flailing attempt to avoid the fact you have no idea what your talking about

You lost on your other pet conspiracy theory so now you want to change the subject.... I understand really I do.

Now the NH GOP has pulled their sponsorship of the debate because of this.

Fox News is losing so much credibility each day that goes by. Not that I trust any of the major outlets, but Fox just seems to be EXTRA biased.

Fair and Balanced? How can you call yourself that after THIS?

the fact ,that this fact is placed in conspiracy theory's is outrageous

“Ron Paul salutes and supports our troops… But who do the troops support? Ron Paul”

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul has released a new television advertisement set to run in New Hampshire through the January 8 primary, highlighting the fact that he has received more support from active and retired military than any other candidate.

“Congressman Paul honors our troops and has long been a praised as staunch advocate for veterans’ issues,” said Ron Paul 2008 spokesman Jesse Benton. “Dr. Paul wants to bring the troops home from Iraq and ensure that we never again send out brave soldiers to war unless doing so is necessary for our defense.”

The ad can be viewed here: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVmVJJaLkM[/ame]

the fact ,that this fact is placed in conspiracy theory's is outrageous

It was probably moved because you brought up bilderberg. Once that happens, the entire thread automatically loses credibility in the eyes of the mods here, and it gets buried.

It was probably moved because you brought up bilderberg. Once that happens, the entire thread automatically loses credibility in the eyes of the mods here, and it gets buried.

but yet not one person has ever addressed the issue of the bilderburgs or the CFR and I am sure this is because they are completely ignorant on the issue

Forum List

Back