FOX News show gets a bit testy... with Westboro Baptists

jasendorf said:
So, if someone uses something in a way to defend their actions, they are automatically taking it "out of contaxt"? Wrong.

No - if people take scripture out of CONTEXT they are wrong. Try to stay with the rest of the group brother.

So, everything in that Chapter doesn't apply to Christians? Then why did the FOX lady bring it up?

She was mistaken to bring it up. She should have been more clear.

Hell, I can follow this better than you and I still haven't seen the video :)

jasendorf said:
That's right... you're so much smarter than us... you'll do all our thinking for us. We just don't get it.

Smartest thing you've said yet... :clap:

jasendorf said:
So, everything in that Chapter doesn't apply to Christians? Then why did the FOX lady bring it up?

Dunno - you'd have to ask her.. there are lots of things in the Bible that don't directly deal with Christians today.... A lot of the Old Testament is backstory of sorts which all lead up to Christ and the New Testament..

dmp said:
No - if people take scripture out of CONTEXT they are wrong. Try to stay with the rest of the group brother.

Uh, moron, she quoted the line RIGHT NEXT TO THE LINE THE FOX LADY WAS QUOTING!!! In case you're not sure how the Bible works, Leviticus 19:17 is right next to Leviticus 19:18. Don't take my word for it, dust off your Bible and look for yourself. How is that out of context? Why do I have a feeling that you and a box of rocks have a lot in common?

She was mistaken to bring it up. She should have been more clear.

Hell, I can follow this better than you and I still haven't seen the video :)

She was cherry picking and got caught. Plain and simple. Some toady at FOX News handed her the Scripture and she didn't bother to check ahead on whether she was going to get slammed... why? because the FOX lady thought that the Phelps whore would have just as little knowledge of Scripture as she does.

-Cp said:
Dunno - you'd have to ask her.. there are lots of things in the Bible that don't directly deal with Christians today.... A lot of the Old Testament is backstory of sorts which all lead up to Christ and the New Testament..

So, wait a second... if the Phelps lady quotes from a line in Leviticus, it doesn't apply... but if the FOX lady does... now you've got a boatload of excuses for her?

Caught being a hypocrite often?

jasendorf said:
I can mostly agree with that. I think you're rightly divining what the Scripture says but I think that both the Phelps lady and the FOX lady are trying to make the two lines seem diametrically opposed.

Well, I certainly don't know how well the Fox News lady knows her scripture, but I think it's safe to say that the WBC has no concept of God's grace - only of His judgement, which is sad, because they are missing out on a lot of God.

5stringJeff said:
Well, I certainly don't know how well the Fox News lady knows her scripture, but I think it's safe to say that the WBC has no concept of God's grace - only of His judgement, which is sad, because they are missing out on a lot of God.

Agreed.

jasendorf said:
Uh, moron, she quoted the line RIGHT NEXT TO THE LINE THE FOX LADY WAS QUOTING!!! In case you're not sure how the Bible works, Leviticus 19:17 is right next to Leviticus 19:18. Don't take my word for it, dust off your Bible and look for yourself. How is that out of context? Why do I have a feeling that you and a box of rocks have a lot in common?

Do you know what "out of context" means? Somebody is applying ONE scripture to a myriad of OTHER topics; other than the audience/subject whatever for which the scripture was written.

She was cherry picking and got caught. Plain and simple. Some toady at FOX News handed her the Scripture and she didn't bother to check ahead on whether she was going to get slammed... why? because the FOX lady thought that the Phelps whore would have just as little knowledge of Scripture as she does.

Hey Spaz - the lady from FOX doesn't pretend to represent Christ.

This shouldn't have been deleted:
Here's Asendorf's plan for this thread: Get people to admit that the Fox news woman quoted the bible out of context, then show everyone that, because the Phelps woman correctly quoted the bible, therefore she correctly portrays the teachings of the bible, and Christianity as a whole.

jasendorf said:
So, wait a second... if the Phelps lady quotes from a line in Leviticus, it doesn't apply... but if the FOX lady does... now you've got a boatload of excuses for her?

Sweetheart - nobody is justifying FOX Lady using scripture out of context. You are trying to stir shit which isn't there. We're trying to teach you the difference between using Scripture for one's point of view (Crazy Lady) and an honest attempt to counter Crazy people.

jasendorf said:
I find it interesting that Republicans only disagree with Phelps so far as it affects soldiers' funerals... but on everything else Phelps says, they are in total agreement .

This is a fallacy I like to call the "Hitler Ate Breakfast" fallacy. It goes like this:

1. Person/Group X (e.g. Hitler) did action A (e.g. ate breakfast).
2. Person/Group X is evil.
3. Therefore, all those who perform Action A (e.g. all those who eat breakfast) are evil.

Or, as Mr. Asendorf states:

1. Phelps and the WBC support the No Gay Marriage Amendment.
2. Phelps and the WBC are evil.
3. Therefore, all who support the No Gay Marriage Amendment are evil.

Fallacy.

PWN3D

jasendorf said:

What part of "I dunno" didn't you understand? Oh, that's right... liberals can't understand anything....

What I'm saying IS I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE FOX NEWS LADY PICKED THAT VERSE - I NEVER DID SAY SHE WAS RIGHT IN DOING SO - SHE'S A NEWS ANCHOR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - I WAS SIMPLY POINTING OUT THAT PICKING RANDOM VERSES LIKE THAT IS NOW HOW THE BIBLE IS INTENDED TO BE USED....

TO THAT END, I'M GLAD SOMEONE AT SOME NEWS AGENCY HAD THE BALLS TO STAND UP TO THAT BITCH...

dmp said:
Sweetheart - nobody is justifying FOX Lady using scripture out of context. You are trying to stir shit which isn't there. We're trying to teach you the difference between using Scripture for one's point of view (Crazy Lady) and an honest attempt to counter Crazy people.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA... You're going to teach me?

All you're doing is proving that one doesn't have to scratch very deep to find the hypocrisy. One week they're pushing Phelp's agenda with a marriage amendment, the next they're all upset over him protesting soldiers' funerals. You guys are pathetic.

sucks having to ban somebody from their own thread - perhaps NOW we can discuss with a sense of 'maturity' or 'basic understanding of the English Language'.

dmp said:
Do you know what "out of context" means? Somebody is applying ONE scripture to a myriad of OTHER topics; other than the audience/subject whatever for which the scripture was written.

Hey Spaz - the lady from FOX doesn't pretend to represent Christ.

This shouldn't have been deleted:
Ha. Don't know how that got deleted. My bad. Allow me to re-post :)

Here's Asendorf's plan for this thread: Get people to admit that the Fox news woman quoted the bible out of context, then show everyone that, because the Phelps woman correctly quoted the bible, therefore she correctly portrays the teachings of the bible, and Christianity as a whole.

Of course, that's shot to hell now, considering he's no longer a part of thread.

5stringJeff said:
This is a fallacy I like to call the "Hitler Ate Breakfast" fallacy. It goes like this:

1. Person/Group X (e.g. Hitler) did action A (e.g. ate breakfast).
2. Person/Group X is evil.
3. Therefore, all those who perform Action A (e.g. all those who eat breakfast) are evil.

Or, as Mr. Asendorf states:

1. Phelps and the WBC support the No Gay Marriage Amendment.
2. Phelps and the WBC are evil.
3. Therefore, all who support the No Gay Marriage Amendment are evil.

Fallacy.

PWN3D

Hey, you're either with the Phelps' or against them.

jasendorf said:
So that was your point then, to show that everyone really believes in Phelps' hate-based Christianity?

jasendorf said:
As he said, 'owned'. Great non-answer. Some will never learn.

The ClayTaurus said:
Ha. Don't know how that got deleted. My bad. Allow me to re-post :)

Of course, that's shot to hell now, considering he's no longer a part of thread.

Well, I don't know either... I had already responded (caught it before it was deleted) but mine was deleted also.

And, quite honestly, I have no idea quite how I responded but my guess is that it went something like this:

Yes, I admit, I like seeing FOX News get pwn3d!!!111oneoneone... warms my heart. But, just because I like to see them get pwn3d doesn't mean they didn't.

Forum List

Back