Fox news most trusted once again!!! MSNBC last, again.

if the pure idiot liberal has evidence I'll pay him $10,000. Bet?
It is easy to bet on the Internet, you do not have to pay. Why don't you say something realistic?

dear, his silence speaks volumes and he can make the bet legal anytime he wants. Why do you suppose he hasn't? Can you figure it out??
He would not get paid if he won, so why bet?

as I said he can make it legally binding if he wants. Trust me, as a typical liberal he wears liberal stupidity like a badge of honor.
Legally binding? You take message boards way too serious.
dear, cut the BS, can you say anything intelligent in defense of liberalism or must you admit with your silence that you serve no purpose here??

It is easy to bet on the Internet, you do not have to pay. Why don't you say something realistic?

dear, his silence speaks volumes and he can make the bet legal anytime he wants. Why do you suppose he hasn't? Can you figure it out??

as I said he can make it legally binding if he wants. Trust me, as a typical liberal he wears liberal stupidity like a badge of honor.
dear, cut the BS, can you say anything intelligent in defense of liberalism or must you admit with your silence that you serve no purpose here??

Why must I defend liberalism to a prissy **** like you?

England had a King at the time and it was not big Government,

ah my mistake I always thought a King was an near absolute and devine ruler with a very very very very big govt.

What is "big government" in a monarchy?
How many government programs did King George have?
England had neither a constitution nor a Bill of Rights, both limitations on the powers of government. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

In actuality, cable news isn't close to being the dominant force of where people get their news. It seems a large majority people prefer unbiased news and a very few go for the cartoon, tabloid entertainment/tabloid journalism that Fox/MSNBC provide. :thup:
1-TV-News-Viewing.png

Fox is most trusted because it features debate while MSNBC is least trusted because it features propaganda,i.e., no debate!

You really need to learn how to read a poll. Of course fox drones are extremely protective of fox and will say it is the most trusted, but the rest of the country doesn't That's why fox is both the most trusted and the least trusted cable news channel. As far as debate, cutting someone off while you scream talking points is not debate.

Quinnipiac University National poll finds Fox News both the most trusted and least trusted TV news outlet - Talking New MediaTalking New Media The digital publishing website

submoron liberal!! Fox had highest score on "a great Deal" and lowest on "not so much"

Most trusted and least trusted at the same time. Imagine that.

Why people watch Fox News and MSNBC is beyond me, When I ask friends why they watch one or the other, it's always comes to, "they report the news the way I want it", in other words tilted to meet their prejudice.
Why do people want news presented in a partisan format? Isn't partisan slanted news in real terms propaganda?
  1. prop·a·gan·da
    ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
    noun
    noun: propaganda; noun: Propaganda
    1. 1.
      derogatory
      information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

ah my mistake I always thought a King was an near absolute and devine ruler with a very very very very big govt.

England had neither a constitution nor a Bill of Rights, both limitations on the powers of government. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?
Are you serious?

Who else had a Constitution and Bill of Rights in the 18th century?

You have a degree in history? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. You must have gotten it from the same place 1%er got his masters in business.

Yeah, back when I was in college, and still right wing, I tried pushing the whole 'Communism killed 100 million line", but that was laughed out of serious History study. Because it's bullshit.

I don't recall Walter Cronkite ever debating anyone on his news program, and yet he was not only the most trusted television news journalist, he was the most trusted American. Maybe, just maybe, integrity is more important than ratings, eh?
Yea, liberals yearn for the good old days, when we just had ink 13 channels to choose from and they controlled all media 100% with no competition what so ever

Told ya all liberals hate the 1st amendment

You are so wrong.
It was 12 channels. There was no channel 1. I can even tell you why.

Anyway -- Liberals wrote the First Amendment. And made it Number One. So yer still wrong.
lmao are you 18? Up in Chicago I had 2,5,7,9,11,32 and the Spanish channel 44 so it was just 7 but there was room for over 13

the founding fathers were far from liberals quit pretending they were and trying to rewrite history, the liberals of the day were the Abolishment moment of slavery like the Quakers

Abolitionist Movement

And you do know "13 channels of shit" is just an expression it comes from a pink Floyd song why you even bothered to argue with me on that point proves you are an asshat

No I know of no such Pink Floyd line -- and I know lot of Pink Floyd lines. But I also know Pink Floyd is English, and the Brits set up TV differently than we do.

And it's still wrong -- when TV started here we had 12 channels -- not 13. The VHF spectrum. When UHF was added it brought 70 new ones for a total of 82. There were never 13. What would have been Channel 1 was dropped. 2 through 13 equals 12. On my planet anyway.

Meanwhile, Liberalism is what created this country, the First Amendment and "We the People" being its very essence. "All men are created equal" is at base the heart of Liberalism -- the entire idea was vesting power in the People to govern themselves, as opposed to what had been the norm up to that time, power being vested in the Church and Nobility (First and Second Estates). If you don't know all this, perhaps your grasp of your own history is right up there with your deft ability to count to 13.

That they paradoxically engaged in or tolerated slavery at the same time was a paradox from our perspective, but it was a cultural bedsore related to what "We the People" meant at the time ---- just as, say, excluding women from the same equality was. Abolitionists of the time were thus pushing for cultural change, which they eventually got, beginning by force of law in 1807, though obviously we're still working on that. So by its definition limiting its own enfranchised citizens to white males who owned property it may have been "Liberalism-Lite" or "proto-Liberalism" but it was Liberalism that made us what we are nonetheless. If it were not for Liberalism we'd still be ruled by a monarch under the thumb of the Church.

Learn some fuggin' history, son. And I don't mean from Lush Fucking Rimjob.
I see you back tracking and don't try to bull shit me , you dumb fuck you forgot about UHF

I got elastic bands keepin my shoes on.
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from.
I've got electric light.
And I've got second sight.
And amazing powers of observation.
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home.

What kind of lying moron are you that dont even know Pink Floyds song Nobody home? I know why because you are 18

God damn child you were not even fucking smart enough to google it?

You are a fucking ignorant liberal moron
Nobody Home Lyrics - The Wall Lyrics - Pink Floyd Lyrics

Last edited:
I don't recall Walter Cronkite ever debating anyone on his news program, and yet he was not only the most trusted television news journalist, he was the most trusted American. Maybe, just maybe, integrity is more important than ratings, eh?
Yea, liberals yearn for the good old days, when we just had ink 13 channels to choose from and they controlled all media 100% with no competition what so ever

Erm, Walter Cronkite hated the 1st amendment? Sir, what have you been drinking today? Just curious so I can be sure and not drink any.
What kind of comeback is that? Every journalist in the day knew JFK was fucking around but hid it from the public, it took to the 80s when the fairness doctrine was removed and talk radio emerged and reported the truth about Bill Clinton in the 90s yes liberals hate the 1st amendment.

You don't have a clue in the world what the Fairness Doctrine was, do ya?

Go on Tell us.
This is gonna be good... :popcorn:ended in
You dumb mother fucker, I am 49 , I lived it ,and Know when it fucking ended in 1987, free speech in the media took off jack ass, it gave rise to people like Rush

God damn you are fucking ignorant, stupid of history and for a child don't even know how to research anything

Fairness Doctrine - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
ANYONE who thinks MSNBC or FOX NEWS is a legitimate news source is a fucking MORON! A MORON. An idiot...A LEMMING!

MSNBC and FNC pervert the truth.

Quote - verbatim - the news coverage of Shepard Smith, Bret Baer, or any other FNC news anchor. Compare them - again, verbatim - to the news coverage you see on other, presumably objective channels. Point out how FNC perverts the truth.

Rush became famous @ child Pogo in 1988

I Remembered that jack ass Pogo because I was always traveling across country as a field service technician

Was it just a coincidence, that the end of the FCC fairness doctrine gave rise to competition from liberal media and free speech @ Pogo?

Since he was 16, Limbaugh has worked a series of disc jockey jobs. His talk show began in 1984 at Sacramento radio station KFBK, featuring his ongoing format of political commentary and listener calls. In 1988, Limbaugh began broadcasting his show nationally from radio station WABC in New York City

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Erm, Walter Cronkite hated the 1st amendment? Sir, what have you been drinking today? Just curious so I can be sure and not drink any.
What kind of comeback is that? Every journalist in the day knew JFK was fucking around but hid it from the public, it took to the 80s when the fairness doctrine was removed and talk radio emerged and reported the truth about Bill Clinton in the 90s yes liberals hate the 1st amendment.

You don't have a clue in the world what the Fairness Doctrine was, do ya?

Go on Tell us.
This is gonna be good... :popcorn:ended in
You dumb mother fucker, I am 49 , I lived it ,and Know when it fucking ended in 1987, free speech in the media took off jack ass, it gave rise to people like Rush

God damn you are fucking ignorant, stupid of history and for a child don't even know how to research anything

Fairness Doctrine - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Thanks but I don't need a Wikilink -- you see, I actually worked in broadcasting at the time, both during and after the FD, and I was requried to know what it was and see that it was followed at my stations. And btw I'm way older than you.

I've offered this challenge for years, on this message board and others where this revisionist bullshit comes up, and I have yet to get a single response, so here ya go:

Name me one instance -- any time, anywhere --- when the Fairness Doctrine ever squelched anybody's free speech.

Happy hunting.

The fact is what the FD said was that since broadcast space was finite and only a limited number of stations could operate, there had to be dialogue -- meaning that if party A came on the air and blasted party B, Party B had the right to respond to it. In fact the FD was championed by Republicans who were concerned FDR was getting a bit too much partisan face time with his "fireside chats". Joe McCarthy used it when Edward R. Murrow broadcast his scathing condemnation. McCarthy requested time to respond from CBS, and got it. An entire program, to say whatever he wanted.

In other words the FD made the radio dial the equivalent of what we have on this message board -- the ability to respond. You can now respond to this post; it's not "my" site and I can't prevent you from responding if you want to. Not that I would want to. The FD made the radio like that.

Now if your bitch is that "waaaah, I can't spew bullshit without being called out on it" then maybe spewing bullshit is not the way to go in the first place.

Go ahead. Find me an instance of FD stifling free exchange of ideas. Ever. Anywhere.

Don't sit on this message board and try to bullshit me. I know better. That's why I baited you.

ANYONE who thinks MSNBC or FOX NEWS is a legitimate news source is a fucking MORON! A MORON. An idiot...A LEMMING!

Quote - verbatim - the news coverage of Shepard Smith, Bret Baer, or any other FNC news anchor. Compare them - again, verbatim - to the news coverage you see on other, presumably objective channels. Point out how FNC perverts the truth.

Those are actual news anchors.
The poll was about news channels.
Fox runs real news in the dead dayparts. The bloviator commentwankers are on in prime time. Because that's where the money is.

See my previous post about emotional appeal.

EDIT: apparently that post was in one of the other threads about this -- one of the legitimate ones that actually linked what the fuck it was talking about --- so here is that post from there:

"Trust" for this application means "loyalty". And Loyalty is something commercial broadcasting continuously works on. After all it's what pays the bulls bills. "We'll be right back to tell you how the Democrats are going to plant chips in your brain to herd you into death camps, right after this word for foam rubber face lacerations you can paste on" sets up the entire point of watching the telescreen, and that is advertising. So you sit through the foam rubber face lacerations ad awaiting the big story (which is of course bullshit) but the deed has been done -- planting the seed that you need this foam rubber face laceration. And that means money for the TV channel.

You build loyalty through suspense (usually derived from fear, but always emotion) and personal connection. And the emotional relationship Fox viewers have with a TV channel is strikingly obvious in reading these pages. One does the math, and it would be strange if Fox did not come out as the most "trusted" (read: emotionally-barnacled) "news" channel.

Are the responses referring to straight news in the dead-audience zones, or the spinmeisters in prime time?

Indeed it has to refer to the latter, because they're the only ones who deal in emotion. News -- straight unbiased news, to the extent there even is such a thing --- has no emotion. It's simple statement of fact. There's no emotion in the statement "it's 28 degrees right now" (as opposed to "it's fucking cold!"). If you're talking straight news, then it shouldn't matter which outlet you're getting it from -- it's going to be identical. If you're talking emotion, that's engineered in psychologically. And that psychological engineering is where the competition comes in. It becomes a question of which outlet more effectively mines its viewers' emotions.

So in effect, if you score big on being a "trusted" outlet, where that applies usefully is to the ad buyer. That buyer knows that by buying on in this case Fox, he's got a more attentive and more pliant viewer to sell foam rubber face lacerations, than he will on another channel. And that of course is going to cost more.

Always look up to see who's pulling the puppet strings. And why.

The chart:

imrs.php

... shows some interesting numbers as regards "trust" and emotional attachment:
  • The term "most trusted" means a whopping 29% overall (or counting the independent sector, 25%) -- pity the poll didn't offer a choice of "I don't trust TV";
  • Republicans 58% versus Democrats 3% -- obviously heavily polarized -- again, emotion;
  • Significant gender gap
  • Significant age gap as you read from left to right
All of which bear out that it's all about engineered (targeted) emotional appeal.

Indeed it's encapsulted in the title of this latest thread, which seems to think TV ratings are some kind of football score rather than a metric to set advertising rates.

I rest my case.

Last edited:
You have a degree in history? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. You must have gotten it from the same place 1%er got his masters in business.

Yeah, back when I was in college, and still right wing, I tried pushing the whole 'Communism killed 100 million line", but that was laughed out of serious History study. Because it's bullshit.

You are so wrong.
It was 12 channels. There was no channel 1. I can even tell you why.

Anyway -- Liberals wrote the First Amendment. And made it Number One. So yer still wrong.
lmao are you 18? Up in Chicago I had 2,5,7,9,11,32 and the Spanish channel 44 so it was just 7 but there was room for over 13

the founding fathers were far from liberals quit pretending they were and trying to rewrite history, the liberals of the day were the Abolishment moment of slavery like the Quakers

Abolitionist Movement

And you do know "13 channels of shit" is just an expression it comes from a pink Floyd song why you even bothered to argue with me on that point proves you are an asshat

No I know of no such Pink Floyd line -- and I know lot of Pink Floyd lines. But I also know Pink Floyd is English, and the Brits set up TV differently than we do.

And it's still wrong -- when TV started here we had 12 channels -- not 13. The VHF spectrum. When UHF was added it brought 70 new ones for a total of 82. There were never 13. What would have been Channel 1 was dropped. 2 through 13 equals 12. On my planet anyway.

Meanwhile, Liberalism is what created this country, the First Amendment and "We the People" being its very essence. "All men are created equal" is at base the heart of Liberalism -- the entire idea was vesting power in the People to govern themselves, as opposed to what had been the norm up to that time, power being vested in the Church and Nobility (First and Second Estates). If you don't know all this, perhaps your grasp of your own history is right up there with your deft ability to count to 13.

That they paradoxically engaged in or tolerated slavery at the same time was a paradox from our perspective, but it was a cultural bedsore related to what "We the People" meant at the time ---- just as, say, excluding women from the same equality was. Abolitionists of the time were thus pushing for cultural change, which they eventually got, beginning by force of law in 1807, though obviously we're still working on that. So by its definition limiting its own enfranchised citizens to white males who owned property it may have been "Liberalism-Lite" or "proto-Liberalism" but it was Liberalism that made us what we are nonetheless. If it were not for Liberalism we'd still be ruled by a monarch under the thumb of the Church.

Learn some fuggin' history, son. And I don't mean from Lush Fucking Rimjob.
I see you back tracking and don't try to bull shit me , you dumb fuck you forgot about UHF

I got elastic bands keepin my shoes on.
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from.
I've got electric light.
And I've got second sight.
And amazing powers of observation.
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home.

What kind of lying moron are you that dont even know Pink Floyds song Nobody home? I know why because you are 18

God damn child you were not even fucking smart enough to google it?

You are a fucking ignorant liberal moron
Nobody Home Lyrics - The Wall Lyrics - Pink Floyd Lyrics

I don't need to fucking Google it; this is not a Pink Floyd thread. If it's any of their material after "Animals" I was never interested. That was already past their prime.

What I said was I don't know the lyric. And that's still true. Perhaps you're illiterate.
And btw the UHF channels are right there in the original post. So you ARE illiterate.

Last edited:

dear, no one knows the truth so opinion like you get on Fox and MSNBC is ideal, and far far better than Walter Cronkite's-"thats the way it is"...at least to a liberal douche who feels liberalism is the truth.

Do you understand?

...MSNBC is ideal, and far far better than Walter Cronkite...

That's quotable.

..."Dear". :gay:
"opinion like you get on Fox and MSNBC is ideal, and far far better than Walter Cronkite's-"thats the way it is"...at least to a liberal douche who feels liberalism is the truth".

Do you understand?

...MSNBC is ideal, and far far better than Walter Cronkite...

That's quotable.

..."Dear". :gay:
"opinion like you get on Fox and MSNBC is ideal, and far far better than Walter Cronkite's-"thats the way it is"...at least to a liberal douche who feels liberalism is the truth".

Do you understand?

I cut out the first and last parts. You know, as you do all the time.

"Dear".

Fox is most trusted because it features debate while MSNBC is least trusted because it features propaganda,i.e., no debate!

You really need to learn how to read a poll. Of course fox drones are extremely protective of fox and will say it is the most trusted, but the rest of the country doesn't That's why fox is both the most trusted and the least trusted cable news channel. As far as debate, cutting someone off while you scream talking points is not debate.

Quinnipiac University National poll finds Fox News both the most trusted and least trusted TV news outlet - Talking New MediaTalking New Media The digital publishing website

submoron liberal!! Fox had highest score on "a great Deal" and lowest on "not so much"

Most trusted and least trusted at the same time. Imagine that.

Indeed -- which also bespeaks emotional manupulation... "love" and "hate" are two sides of the same psychological coin.

I hadn't seen this graph before but the way I read it the one on the left looks Fox Noise pulls up fifth in a field of six -- not "first".

Forum List

Back