Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

Will Fox Do The Right Thing And Fire Kelly?

• Yes, Fox is a legitimate network and will fire Kelly

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, Fox could care less and will let her stay

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
No, Peach, poor comprehension by TK. The comment was that TK could not prove that no one on the left condemned it. I have not looked, but I am sure that he is wrong.

I did look, but I could not find any myself made by the left.
Maybe someone else can find some.
It was the right who were condemning it.

Anyway, Bashir didn't say what the wingnuts are accusing him of saying.

Bashir got it wrong when he was talking about Palin.
Palin was using monetary slavery not human slavery.
I think a lot of this has to do with complete misunderstands of what each side is saying.

Exactly. She didn't.

It was her show though so she needs to take responsibility just as you all want Obama to take responsibility for everything happing in the US government. Works the same way so Kelly is responsible for the Jesus comment too.

What exactly is it that you are talking about? She has taken responsibility for her comment. She never denied making her comment. She never lied about making her comment. She never pulled an Obama by pretending she said something she never said. Again, just for funsies, it might be advisable to actually watch the Kelly/Santa segment AND then watch the followup segment where she is taking responsibility for pointing out the obvious. Rather you agree with her or not is inconsequential. She has taken responsibility. Please, find a new manufactured outrage to follow if you can't even be bothered to do your own investigation (taking two minutes to watch youtube) instead of being spoon fed the usual left wing race-baiting talking points and spitting them out like a pez dispenser.

Last edited:
Exactly. She didn't.

It was her show though so she needs to take responsibility just as you all want Obama to take responsibility for everything happing in the US government. Works the same way so Kelly is responsible for the Jesus comment too.

What exactly is it that you are talking about? She has taken responsibility for her comment. She never denied making her comment. She never lied about making her comment. She never pulled an Obama by pretending she said something she never said. Again, just for funsies, it might be advisable to actually watch the Kelly/Santa segment AND then watch the followup segment where she is taking responsibility for pointing out the obvious. Rather you agree with her is inconsequential. She has taken responsibility. Please, find a new manufactured outrage to follow if you can't even be bothered to do your own investigation (taking two minutes to watch youtube) instead of being spoon fed the usual left wing race-baiting talking points and spitting them out like a pez dispenser.

As I posted before - she hasn't:

I’d say two things. The original segment was clearly not as light-hearted and humorous as Kelly now insists it was. She did not originally refer to the Slate piece as “tongue-in-cheek” and responded to its provocation by being offended, not amused. Since both tapes are out there, make your own mind up. But rather than cop to an obvious error – made off the cuff – she made the decision to hunker down and accuse others of persecuting Fox News because it isn’t liberal. So the classic and silly notion that white Republicans are somehow an oppressed class – and minorities should just stop whining – became her “correction.” But that’s not a correction. It’s a distraction.

What exactly is it that you are talking about? She has taken responsibility for her comment. She never denied making her comment. She never lied about making her comment. She never pulled an Obama by pretending she said something she never said. Again, just for funsies, it might be advisable to actually watch the Kelly/Santa segment AND then watch the followup segment where she is taking responsibility for pointing out the obvious. Rather you agree with her is inconsequential. She has taken responsibility. Please, find a new manufactured outrage to follow if you can't even be bothered to do your own investigation (taking two minutes to watch youtube) instead of being spoon fed the usual left wing race-baiting talking points and spitting them out like a pez dispenser.

As I posted before - she hasn't:

I’d say two things. The original segment was clearly not as light-hearted and humorous as Kelly now insists it was. She did not originally refer to the Slate piece as “tongue-in-cheek” and responded to its provocation by being offended, not amused. Since both tapes are out there, make your own mind up. But rather than cop to an obvious error – made off the cuff – she made the decision to hunker down and accuse others of persecuting Fox News because it isn’t liberal. So the classic and silly notion that white Republicans are somehow an oppressed class – and minorities should just stop whining – became her “correction.” But that’s not a correction. It’s a distraction.

As I mentioned before - she has.
Ya know, it's kind of funny watching this manufactured outrage because it really is something of a rorschach test. The argument has now morphed into a discussion of racist republicans that should stop telling minorities to stop whining. Jesus Honkey Christ! This "outrage" gets more convoluted by the moment. Santa Cracker Claus! Calm down folks. You don't like Fox News. We get it. Sheesh! Buy a Roger Ailes voodoo doll or something. Beat up a pillow. Do something more productive than just screaming racial nonsense every time you are told to. It's get so very old, so very quickly.

Last edited:
Kelly is the one who brought it up. Wth's wrong with you people?

What's wrong with you people? A guy says on air that Sarah Palin deserves to have people defecate in her mouth, and not one of you is outraged. The man is openly defaming her on national television, NOT ONE of you calls for him to be fired. Megyn Kelly? Something so innocuous and lighthearted as 'Santa Claus and Jesus are white.' Now all of a sudden she deserves to be fired or lambasted? People on liberal networks have said far worse and nastier things, and not one of you had or has the gumption to call them out. Hypocrites, all of you!

Please link to your post that was outraged over Rush using the word 'retard' or calling Fluke a slut, or just link to any post of yours that was outraged over anything ever said by a Right-Winger.

Thanks.

I don't listen to Limbaugh, nor do I care to listen to Limbaugh. You never got mad when Chris Matthews called Laura Ingrahm a 'right wing slut' either, so keep quiet. When you link me to a post where you were expressing outrage over that instance, then you can lecture me. And for the record, anyone is pretty stupid when they are demanding that they get contraceptive care straight from the taxpayers, yeah that's pretty dumb. It's like asking the taxpayer to fund your sexual habits. Sorry, where I come from, having rampant sexual intercourse has consequences that YOU ALONE must pay for. Not me. Does that make her a victim? No. It makes her irresponsible, and spoiled.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLeGQr9TK6g]Libtalker Ed Schultz: Laura Ingraham's 'A Slut' - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Anyway, Bashir didn't say what the wingnuts are accusing him of saying.

Bashir got it wrong when he was talking about Palin.
Palin was using monetary slavery not human slavery.
I think a lot of this has to do with complete misunderstands of what each side is saying.

Synthaholic thanks this post, while doing the exact thing it portends. It isn't an accidental misunderstanding, it's willful misunderstanding. Looking for mud to throw that isn't there.

Saint Nicolas was from Asia Minor hence, he's an Oriental. Wheres Unkotare? He can settle this :p

I lived in Turkey (Asia Minor). The area that was known as Asia Minor and is now known as Turkey has been occupied by Greeks, Persians and Romans in turn throughout its history. The people are Caucasian, but their skin color ranges from light to dark. Most are olive or darker toned but some are quite fair. I am of Northern European extraction, quite fair with dark blond hair and hazel eyes. Though most Turkish people have dark brown or black hair, nowadays, Turkish women, like women all over the world, color their hair and many are blonds by choice. Many also have fair skin. Many times I was taken for a Turkish woman when people encountered me, before speaking to me. However, the majority of Turkish people do not have quite fair skin and usually have dark brown or black hair and dark eyes. If Santa originated in Turkey/Asia Minor, it's as likely as not that he had a dark skin tone, as well as dark hair and eyes, realizing of course he is a fiction.

As well, because of the area of the world he came from, and his parentage, it is most likely Jesus was a dark skinned Caucasian with dark eyes and hair. I think one thing some white people think is that all Caucasians are white. Not so. What I am very certain about is that Jesus did not resemble the images we so often see of him: long, straight blond hair, long thin nose, blue eyes, & pale skin. Highly, extremely unlikely.

I believe Jesus did exist, as a man and a prophet, not as the son of God. It is the Europeans who have created the image of the blond, blue eyed Jesus. Seems they have created the whiter than white image of Santa too.

However, IMO this story is not about race. All Caucasians are not 'white.' This story is about a stupid woman who assumes that her world view is the ONLY one. She is not much of an intellect in so doing, but, given the bimbos Fox is known for having as its news people, it's not surprising.
Santa emerged from the St.Nicholas, a 4th Century Bishop of Greek Descent who lived in modern day Turkey(Much of Turkey prior to subsequent Islamic invasions and Ottoman land grabs was Greek). This saint was combined with elements, of Odin, the Father of all the other Gods in Nordic Mythology, and other Germanic traditions well. This combined with the pagan holiday of Yule(celebrated at the same time as Christmas) combined to help form the narrative of Christmas and Santa Claus. The modern santa claus we know today emerged from the Dutch figure Sinterklaas and the British figure Father Christmas. Santa Claus is part of the European tradition. He was conceived by White Men. Of course he isn't real but to say he is a black man is just stupid, it denies the European heritage of the idea of Santa Claus. That is the point.

The effort to strip away the heritage of Christmas and make a Santa for each race is just a way to bastardize and commercialize Christmas even more.

Forum List

Back