Fox News co-owner funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ Imam

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Fox News co-owner funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report | Raw Story

The second largest shareholder in News Corp. -- the parent company of Fox News -- has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to causes linked to the imam planning to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan, says a report from Yahoo!News.

According to the report from Yahoo!'s John Cook, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who owns seven percent of News Corp., "has directly funded [Imam Feisal Abdul] Rauf's projects to the tune of more than $300,000."

Cook reports that Prince Al-Waleed's personal charity, the Kingdom Foundation, donated $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a project sponsored by two of Rauf's initiatives, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, which is building the Manhattan mosque.

Al-Waleed donated $500,000 to the Council on American-Islamic Relations — which has been repeatedly denounced on Fox News's air by Geller and others as a terror group — in 2002. Indeed, Rauf's "numerous ties to CAIR" alone have been cited by the mosque's opponents as a justification for imputing terrorist sympathies to him, yet few people seem to be asking whether Murdoch's extensive multi-billion business collaboration with the man who funds both Rauf and CAIR merits investigation or concern

:eusa_think:

As if any corporation can control who buys publicly traded stock.

This story is stupid.

Missourian, face the facts here.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Seeks Deeper Ties To News Corp

From January:

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a nephew of the Saudi king and who was listed last year by Forbes as the world's 22nd richest person, met with News Corp.'s chief executive Rupert Murdoch on Jan. 14 in a meeting that "touched upon future potential alliances with News Corp.," according to a statement released by his Kingdom Holding Co. late Saturday.

Media reports have indicated that News Corp, parent to Fox News and Dow Jones & Co., among others, may be thinking of buying a stake in Alwaleed's Rotana Media Group, which includes a number of satellite channels that air in the Middle East.

Alwaleed's Rotana already has an alliance with News Corp.

In 2008, the two companies teamed up to bring Fox Movies to the Arab world and then last year, Rotana and Fox International Channels signed a multi-year output deal with The Walt Disney Co. to provide a range of programing to viewers in the Middle East, according to the statement by Kingdom Holding.

This story is stupid.

From January:

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a nephew of the Saudi king and who was listed last year by Forbes as the world's 22nd richest person, met with News Corp.'s chief executive Rupert Murdoch on Jan. 14 in a meeting that "touched upon future potential alliances with News Corp.," according to a statement released by his Kingdom Holding Co. late Saturday.

Media reports have indicated that News Corp, parent to Fox News and Dow Jones & Co., among others, may be thinking of buying a stake in Alwaleed's Rotana Media Group, which includes a number of satellite channels that air in the Middle East.

In 2008, the two companies teamed up to bring Fox Movies to the Arab world and then last year, Rotana and Fox International Channels signed a multi-year output deal with The Walt Disney Co. to provide a range of programing to viewers in the Middle East, according to the statement by Kingdom Holding.

You're seriously quoting Huff Po as a credible source. :rolleyes:

This story is stupid.

From January:

hey now, bert never uses far left leaning sites

:lol:

so bert, should a corp. be able to refuse to sell shares to someone based on nationality and/or religion?

so bert, should a corp. be able to refuse to sell shares to someone based on nationality and/or religion?

Oh I'm not saying that at all. However, all those people who are calling the Imam a terrorist are suddenly silent about that in this thread. I wonder why. :eusa_think:

Oh I'm not saying that at all. However, all those people who are calling the Imam a terrorist are suddenly silent about that in this thread. I wonder why. :eusa_think:

They might be sleeping or partying on a Saturday night...

It IS 12:15 on the east coast....

Sheesh....

ETA: so who called the dude a terrorist? You looking for specific people?

Last edited:

Except neither thing I'm sourcing from the Huff is a opinion, both are facts.

Time to revise your definition of a fact.

The Surgeon General has determined Huffing ton Post may be detrimental to your cognitive development.

Last edited:
A Saudi Royal owns seven per cent of News Corp. He donated what would amount, proportionally to me, a penny (or probably less) to a charity that then split the penny between another charity and Cordoba.

From that, your prissy little link gives us "Fox News Co-Owner Funds Ground Zero Mosque" Imam.

Dude. Don't your profs coach you against this shit?

Last edited:
A Saudi Royal owns seven per cent of News Corp. He donated what would amount, proportionally to me, a penny (or probably less)to a charity that then split that penny between another chraity and Cordoba.

From that, your prissy little link gives us "Fox News Co-Owner Funds Ground Zero Mosque" Imam.

Actually, it says funded not funds.

Funded - definition of Funded by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

to furnish a fund for: funded the space program.

A Saudi Royal owns seven per cent of News Corp. He donated what would amount, proportionally to me, a penny (or probably less)to a charity that then split that penny between another chraity and Cordoba.

Actually, it says funded not funds.

Funded - definition of Funded by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

to furnish a fund for: funded the space program.

Cute.

I'll take that as a concession.

Now explain why this matters.

Cute.

I'll take that as a concession.

Now explain why this matters.

Not a concession. We have people on this board calling the Imam a terrorist and radical. Yet they have no problem with the co-owner of Fox News giving money to this so called terrorist and radical. They also seemingly have no problem with him giving money to CAIR, a group that people on Fox News and members of USMB have called a terrorist organization.

I just see it as massive hypocrisy on their parts.

Forum List

Back