Restoring Honor Rally

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Is anyone planning to go to the Restoring Honor Rally Glenn is holding in DC next week?

Still haven't made up my mind. I'd like to but money's tight.

I can't but I know some people who are. I think it should be a kinda cool day.... but not as cool as the 'I have a dream' thing.

I'd love to but can't...no time or money! But i hope they broadcast it!! I'm sure Glenn will show alot of it though.

I'm going. While reading a Face Book message board, I came across a post by someone who had seats left on their bus. We will be leaving at 6:30 AM from the organizer's house, thus I got the impression he organized this with a group of friends and associates. He said he wife will have some muffins and stuff before we leave. Once we arrive in DC, we will be walking from our parking area to the Lincoln Memorial. I like that; there is no way I want to deal with the transit system after taking a bus into the area. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly and we will get there with no traffic blockages. Beck has been hyping this event as something you will not want to miss or you will regret it forever. Hopefully, his hyping won't lead to diisappointment. I expect part of this rally will touch on God. I'm not a religious person, but I can still show respect to those who have faith, even if I don't share their same beliefs. Sadly, with the direction our Country is heading, we do need some divine intervention.

I was at the Taxpayer March back in September 2009. Wow! What an experience that was! I would love nothing more than to go back down to D.C. this coming weekend, but there was no way I could pull it off. A friend of mine and a group of acquaintances are heading down. I wish everyone well!

I asked three times in a thread last week and never got a response......what honor is Glenn restoring?

Good question, I'm at a loss what honor we lost: after the treatment of the natives, slavery, robber barons, bank failures, corporate corruption, illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, stock and housing bubbles, increased poverty, lynchings, discrimination, separate but..., no safety net, lousy and too expensive healthcare, crumbling infrastructure, excessive war machinery, overpaid executives, outsourcing, lousy intelligence, prohibition, McCarthyism, witch hunts, underpaid and underfunded education, excessive deficits as the wealthy get tax relief, talking heads that spin and do nothing positive for America? Good question.

I asked three times in a thread last week and never got a response......what honor is Glenn restoring?

Since no one seems to know, I went and looked it up.

Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

I was unaware that the values that founded this great nation were lost. Perhaps it is a matter of perspective.

Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

I was unaware that the values that founded this great nation were lost. Perhaps it is a matter of perspective.

You actually see the principles of 'integrity, truth and honor' as high on the priority list of any of our politicians? I sure as hell don't. I see very little of these three qualities generally in the US.... in fact, my impression is that, to many on the left, they're a joke.

That still doesn't make sense...restoring honor to the military? I hadn't realized they'd lost it.

Interesting to note that firearms are not allowed at the rally.

:eusa_eh:

Is anyone planning to go to the Restoring Honor Rally Glenn is holding in DC next week?

I'll be there in spirit only. Glenn Beck works hard towards peace and I admire him very much. :)

I'll be there in spirit only. Glenn Beck works hard towards peace and I admire him very much. :)
If "peace" means trash talking half of America you have a point. bwahahahahaha!

You actually see the principles of 'integrity, truth and honor' as high on the priority list of any of our politicians? I sure as hell don't. I see very little of these three qualities generally in the US.... in fact, my impression is that, to many on the left, they're a joke.

As always, it depends on the politician in question and each citizens interpretation of those principles. I just attended the National Boy Scout Jamboree this summer with 45,000 Boy Scouts, so yeah, I do see many examples of integrity, truth and honor all around me. I don't see anything that needs to be restored.....just nutured and continued.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back