...Fox News and Smartamatic....now in court

Half of the CNN former upper echelon is in jail or pending indictment or law suits, so the best news for the left is a lame law suit against Fox's Tucker. boo hoo

So, this time the cancel culture is contending that Tucker Carlson should be taken seriously. ??

Also, wouldn’t it be a benefit to FOX News that one of its on-air staff HAD broadcast concerns about what Powell had claimed. You see, you jokers can’t have it both ways. If Fox News had acted with “malice,” you wouldn’t have heard ON Fox News such expressions of doubt about Ms. Powell’s claims and the absence of verification.
They also forget the recent ruling that saved the NY Slimes from Palin. That ruling was that they did in fact lie and slander her, but they called it an opinion. Same thing will apply here. Or else CNN, MSNBC, the Slimes, the Washington Compost, and every other leftist outlet would have to pay for their pushing of the debunked Russia Collusion hoax. Another nothing burger.

Ummm?
The "whole thing"?

What about the meeting with Fredo Trump, Paul Monafort, et al, with that Russian attorney in Trump's own building? The meeting where they went to get dirt on Hilary......and when the meeting got reported in the press, they then claimed ..'Oh no, it was about adoptions of orphans'.

The same meeting that Steve Bannon called 'treasonous'?

"Steve Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, calls a meeting of Trump campaign officials with a Russian lawyer in Trump Tower during the presidential campaign "treasonous" and "unpatriotic."

Now, the good poster Justice Hammer, says that meeting and Bannon's comments were fake?

What about those 13 Russians?
Were they fake too?

"WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork/AP) -- Thirteen Russians and three Russian entities were charged Friday with an elaborate plot to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, federal prosecutors announced Friday.
---------------------------------------------------------

Methinks the poster Justice need do a little more due diligence.
This is, after all, Adult Swim.
One is expected to at least hold his own head above water.
Think you need to grow a brain. Was shown that Trump Jr. threw that Russian OBAMA PLANT out when he saw what was going on. She then ran right to Obozo. Plotting to does not equal did. Stay in the shallow end, you can’t handle the deep end yet. Maybe try to actually tell the truth. Oh, you don’t do that. You also don’t provide proof of any of your bullshit lies. See “justified lynchings”.

Its likely to cost them. And looking forward I would expect that the insurers will have a huge influence on the stations output. Maybe the crazy will be dialled down.
Not a chance! This is the Republican propaganda channel, and they will continue to spread their lies as long as they have a breath left.

Ummm?
The "whole thing"?

What about the meeting with Fredo Trump, Paul Monafort, et al, with that Russian attorney in Trump's own building? The meeting where they went to get dirt on Hilary......and when the meeting got reported in the press, they then claimed ..'Oh no, it was about adoptions of orphans'.

The same meeting that Steve Bannon called 'treasonous'?

"Steve Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, calls a meeting of Trump campaign officials with a Russian lawyer in Trump Tower during the presidential campaign "treasonous" and "unpatriotic."

Now, the good poster Justice Hammer, says that meeting and Bannon's comments were fake?

What about those 13 Russians?
Were they fake too?

"WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork/AP) -- Thirteen Russians and three Russian entities were charged Friday with an elaborate plot to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, federal prosecutors announced Friday.
---------------------------------------------------------

Methinks the poster Justice need do a little more due diligence.
This is, after all, Adult Swim.
One is expected to at least hold his own head above water.
Go Trump, Biden sucks, and you're an idiot.

"Was shown that Trump Jr. threw that Russian OBAMA PLANT out when he saw what was going on. She then ran right to Obozo"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not know that, good poster lantern.
Of the people in that meeting, Kushner, Fredo, and Paul Manafort, and, of course the Russian attorney who offered dirt on Clinton......well, poster lantern, which one of them was the "Russian Obama Plant"?

You have offered information that I had not seen, so naturally, there are questions.
Which of those 4 was the "plant"?
And how do you know?
And how do you know the "plant" went to Obama?

I'm sincerely interested in your assertions.
And your vetting of them.

Tonight's reportage in the Washington Post offers an interesting perspective on the judge's ruling that the lawsuit by Smartamatic can proceed, and that there does appear to be a basis for arguing that Fox New did, indeed, act with malice.....which negates their 1st Amendment defense.

Here's a taster on the reportage: (underlining by my avatar)

"
But perhaps the ruling’s most biting — and also potentially legally important — section involves (Tucker) Carlson.
In the course of laying out the legal requirements for Smartmatic to prove its case, the judge noted that the company must prove Fox met the standard of acting with “actual malice” — i.e. not merely promoting false claims, but doing so with malice.
And on that count, the judge says the best evidence that it did is Carlson.

That’s because Carlson, unlike the others, applied significant actual skepticism to the claims — and broadcast it.
It’s an episode many might have forgotten in the long ... run-up to the Jan. 6 insurrection on the U.S. Capitol. But there was a time in which none other than Carlson stepped forward to question the “stolen election” narrative that had taken hold in the Trump movement and in certain corners of his network. Carlson said on Nov. 19 that Powell’s claims were serious, but he also noted that she had yet to substantiate them. He said he had asked, over the course of a week, for the evidence and offered her his platform, but that she had declined.

(Tucker) Carlson said Powell “never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another. Not one.” He said that when he invited her on his show, she became “angry and told us to stop contacting her.”
The episode alienated some Trump allies. But it also, in Cohen’s estimation, speaks to the possibility that Fox might meet the “actual malice” standard.

Here’s the section (with key parts bolded by us (WaPo)):

Should be an interesting case to monitor.
I hope it garners enough attention on this venue so that posters and lurkers can stay current on developments.
1646953057305.png

So, this time the cancel culture is contending that Tucker Carlson should be taken seriously. ??

Also, wouldn’t it be a benefit to FOX News that one of its on-air staff HAD broadcast concerns about what Powell had claimed. You see, you jokers can’t have it both ways. If Fox News had acted with “malice,” you wouldn’t have heard ON Fox News such expressions of doubt about Ms. Powell’s claims and the absence of verification.
No.
The company he harmed is taking him to court along with his masters at FAUX.

Hopefully a multi-billion dollar verdict will stop the lie factory.

You also don’t provide proof of any of your bullshit lies. See “justified lynchings”.

Ah, good poster 'lantern'.......you have brought up the term "justified lynchings" in other threads.
Always, so it seems, as some sort of distraction, a 'look squirrel' dance-step.

When I've asked for your detailing so that an appropriate response can be made....well, you don't offer anything on-topic.

So let's do this: Rather than clutter up this interesting thread with your theory about 'justified lynchings'.........start a stand alone thread in some forum page, 'Conspiracies', 'Rubber Room, Politics, Current Events, wherever you are most comfortable in exploring it.

If you do that, please give my poor avatar a heads up on where your new thread on 'justified lynchings' will be......so that we can find it, and read it.

thanx in advance

Maddow and Alex Jones used the same defense that Carlson used. If it worked for them it should work for Carlson and FOX. Nothing burger.
Jones lost.. BIGLY
Maddow won...BIGLY

Wonder who will own FOX when the case is done?

That's a shameless lie.

You cult pukes don't even remember how NOT to lie.
As is so often the case, you distort again, Farty.

That the NY Slimes “misreported” wasn’t even an issue. They acknowledged as much when they ran a retraction. (For fuck sake, you don’t retract an allegation of fact which you deem to be both true and accurately reported.)

The substantive issue was whether their reporting had been done with “actual malice” or a ”reckless disregard” for the falsity of their reporting. On that point, for the jury to find the Slimes not liable, it had to have determined (somehow) that there was a lack of actual malice (or that the Slimes’ disregard for the truth wasn’t “reckless”).

Go Trump, Biden sucks, and you're an idiot.

It is regrettable poster Hammer that you chose to respond to the query in that manner.

My avatar has no desire to be harshly critical of your avatar, but......but the avatar you have chosen to represent you conveys an impression of unpreparedness, lack of substance, perhaps immaturity, but I want to be careful with that charge.

At any rate, your avatar, unfortunately, makes you appear to be a poster that lacks seriousness of thought or purpose.

I suspect you may be better than that, but so far, the evidence you present for that is.......is fairly unpersuasive.

Nonetheless, my avatar and me wish you better luck in your other endeavors in this life.

Peace, mein freund. ✌️

Take them to court.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kyle be sayin' "No problem"

Last edited:
No.
The company he harmed is taking him to court along with his masters at FAUX.

Hopefully a multi-billion dollar verdict will stop the lie factory.
How did he harm them if he challenged the lawyer making the claim about her failure to support her allegations? Do you have clue one about this matter?

it appears unlikely.

Go for it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Make sure you donate lots of money to this grift.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Figured out he is a dummy destined for ditch digging.

Now needs to cash in.

Forum List

Back