Former VP Cheney Hospitalized

It is not that he can't be mentioned, but it is ridiculous to compare either Bush 43 or Obama to Hitler.

Even if one wants to blame Bush 43 for all the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, that in no way compares with the evil done by Adolf Hitler.

Immie
Only a matter of numbers.

I actually have to disagree with you.

This is why. It was the way that Hitler did it IMHO.

To me, genocide for racist reasons seems so much worse than casualties of war. Probably because, I have this belief that our soldiers do not go out looking to kill innocent civilians. Anytime an innocent civilian is killed, it is an accident or at least generally. Whereas Hitler rounded up innocents and sent them to the gas chamber.

In my opinion, Hitler is pure evil.

Immie
Bush bombed Iraq indiscriminately. "Shock and Awe"

To me, genocide for racist reasons seems so much worse than casualties of war. Probably because, I have this belief that our soldiers do not go out looking to kill innocent civilians. Anytime an innocent civilian is killed, it is an accident or at least generally. Whereas Hitler rounded up innocents and sent them to the gas chamber.

Immie

I'm not going to justify the bombing at all.

I supported the President at the beginning of the war and I voted for him both times. I had to bite my lip when I did the second time, but I just cannot stand John Kerry, never have been able to and I doubt I ever will.

When Saddam Hussein was captured, I was the first "conservative" on the site I was posting on at the time to say, "It is time to bring our soldiers home." Even liberals (Maineman for one, I think, but do not want to put words in his mouth so, I say this with the caveat that I may be mistaken) told me that now that we are there, we have no choice but to stay. I think we should have been out of there no later than a week after the capture of Saddam.

I still do not believe that "Shock and Awe" was as evil as Adolf Hitler. That does not mean that I think indiscriminate bombing of civilians is good policy or even acceptable policy, but I don't believe it is as evil as Adolf Hitler.

Immie

I never really understood why Hitler is never to be mentioned.

:eusa_eh:

It is not that he can't be mentioned, but it is ridiculous to compare either Bush 43 or Obama to Hitler.

Even if one wants to blame Bush 43 for all the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, that in no way compares with the evil done by Adolf Hitler.

Immie
No, of course not. But it is a comment on how ridiculous people can be...if you think a person has perpetuated evil why on earth would you wish him a speedy recovery?

Oh dear, what's this?

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002"

and she voted yay for the Iraq war. And now she is secretary of state.

If bush and Cheney lied then so did Hillary.

They're saying no heart attack, he is just feeling discomfort..

I wonder if it's one of those 4 hour erections. :eusa_think:

You never know about these Repubs.

Oh dear, what's this?

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002"

and she voted yay for the Iraq war. And now she is secretary of state.

If bush and Cheney lied then so did Hillary.

Bush, Cheney and Clinton (either one) lied! :eek:

Now there is a shocker. Quick!! Stop the presses. :lol:

j/k

Immie

I never really understood why Hitler is never to be mentioned.

:eusa_eh:

Immie
No, of course not. But it is a comment on how ridiculous people can be...if you think a person has perpetuated evil why on earth would you wish him a speedy recovery?

obama is responsible for US troops and civilian deaths in iraq and afghan....yet you don't call him evil

hypocrite much? :eusa_whistle:

Immie

and obama has ordered bombings in pakistan, afghan etc that have also killed indiscrimintely....yet its ok becuase obama is a dem

The loss of millions of barrels of "product" in the Gulf of Mexico is probably too much for Cheney to bear.

Forum List

Back