Zone1 Foreign based posters

Yep. But it seems like he's got past the cowboy thing, and now he keeps posting threads about hippies. Perhaps he watched some Hollywood movie about hippies. :dunno:
I'm waiting for the dirty hippie dog posts, myself.

7f41de390035126699817cd0c00251d8.jpg

That was legendary. How'd ya miss that? They were talking about building gardening sheds and cabins and telling Americans that we have the lousiest garden sheds in the world.

In fact, almost every thread was about Russian superiority on everything from gardening to tactical nukes.

Probably read about that in Pravda.

At least one of those posters was a good poster, I thought. I remember well.

He knew his stuff, when it came to building. And that's what that section was about anyway.

I think some folks took it as ''superiority'' when in fact it seemed more akin that some folks just don't wanna feel shown up. Maybe ''shown up'' isn't the right term. But something like that. Can't put my finger on it. It was definitely all about the feels. Maybe akin to a cock block for some folks.

There's always somebody who is more naturally gifted at things than other people. Who cares if they're not American? I thought those were some cool threads.

I got nothing but respect from them. The difference is that I offered it in return rather than jump to shaking my pecker at em because 'murica.

Last edited:
Yeah! Foreigners on an American forum: Just Why?

It's a POLITICS forum, it has international parts. Americans speak about foreign politics, non-Americans speak about US politics.

Freedom of speech.

Seems people love it, until they want to shut someone up.

If a foreigner has a different perspective on things, why do you care? It should help you to IMPROVE your outlook on life. Unless you're one of those who has their "views" based on nothing but their emotions, and try and manipulate other people's emotions.

I've lived in many countries, I'm interested in the politics of many countries. I've learned a lot from that. Ways that would be able to improve any country that chose to adopt them.

It's a POLITICS forum, it has international parts. Americans speak about foreign politics, non-Americans speak about US politics.

Freedom of speech.

Seems people love it, until they want to shut someone up.

If a foreigner has a different perspective on things, why do you care? It should help you to IMPROVE your outlook on life.
Most of the foreigners are 1. Russkies paid by Putin: there is no defense for that, that's just wrong. and 2. America-haters who can't get up a forum in their own country so they come here and extrude their jeremiads onto us.

Myself, I don't care for it. A nice, not-paid-propagandist, foreigner would be fine, but I dislike these awful wailers and propagandists.

I don't get annoyed by most foreigners who post here, even if they post about American politics. You have to realize that most people in the West view the United States as the center of the world, and they our satellites, so of course they take an interest in our politics.

How often does a person from a European, Asian, African, or South American country come to the U.S. and be asked, "OMG, aren't you embarrassed to say you're from that country, with __________ as your leader?" Never, I would say, and not just because we are so polite. It's because we wouldn't know or care whose name would go in the blank, and we don't have the inclination to think about their politics.

But foreigners sometimes can have something interesting to say about us, if they've read about it, and given it thought. Sometimes obsession gives birth to inspiration. I often get information in UK publications that our own media is censoring, so they may know something that most of us in the U.S. aren't aware of about our own country. Let them post it here and give us a fresh perspective.

I do get mildly annoyed by a particular poster who is from the least important former kingdom of the United Kingdom, and constantly posts about that part, while also insulting the U.S. with no logical connection between the two topics. But he posts in the "Europe" forum, so more the fool am I to even read his threads.

Most of the foreigners are 1. Russkies paid by Putin: there is no defense for that, that's just wrong. and 2. America-haters who can't get up a forum in their own country so they come here and extrude their jeremiads onto us.

Myself, I don't care for it. A nice, not-paid-propagandist, foreigner would be fine, but I dislike these awful wailers and propagandists.

Dont think we've seen professional propaganda operators on USMB. Russia doesn't waste time poking at Americans for how they garden or eat or how many hippies took part in the Killing Fields in Cambodia. They would be going for inciting political turmoil or casting doubt on elections or leadership. And they'd go at BOTH parties if that what it took.

I think they dont GET a lot of fun and troll time as citizens of Putinville and finding USMB is just like going to a comedy club on amateur night to try out a new set of pranks and jokes.. LOL..

A single ignorant (in the classical definition) foreign poster (rupo1200) has clogged up numerous sites with junk posts like (what is hotel california). Is it possible to restrict foreign based posters to their own site or put an asterisk next to their name?
I already did. I upgraded to second world living
The Eagles lied.
You can check out any time you like.... and you CAN leave
d68cbd88662129475c0dbe7ddc0b0828.jpg

A single ignorant (in the classical definition) foreign poster (rupo1200) has clogged up numerous sites with junk posts like (what is hotel california). Is it possible to restrict foreign based posters to their own site or put an asterisk next to their name?
Not too long ago I offered a thread to recommend that the one legged Welsh loser with gay proclivities be perma banned. I thought it was clear that I was kidding. (I mean, sure, the guy is a waste of oxygen and bandwidth, but you can’t ban someone just because they are sissy Welsh handicapped libtards.)

But wow. Some people jumped all over that satirical post as if they assumed I meant it.

So, just to be clear. Were you just being jocular in your OP? RuPaul is another pantload. But it is possible to either ignore him or scroll on by.

1661142366795.png

Offer them some of Kentucky's finest and take them to a strip bar where young American college women are attempting to work their way through college, all in the name of diplomatic relations of course.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Last edited:

Are they really?

Can I see your statistics for this?

100,000 Americans in Europe. And that’s just the military.

Now who’s the foreigner?
Do they participate in the politics of those countries as if they are citizens? And I'm all for them having the SAME freedoms here, but somehow I think Americans participating in any way on the politics of their host country would be deeply resented by the natives

Do they participate in the politics of those countries as if they are citizens? And I'm all for them having the SAME freedoms here, but somehow I think Americans participating in any way on the politics of their host country would be deeply resented by the natives

It’s not like that here.

We’re all egalitarian, even though l’m a foreigner.

It’s not like that here.

We’re all egalitarian, even though l’m a foreigner.
So, no. Foreigners expect different from us than they expect of their own countries
Don't get me wrong. I SUPPORT their participation on this forum. Just pointing out their double standard -- especially from our far left posters

Not true. I try to fit in when l’m in your country.
I wish everybody had that same attitude.

I'm sick of people who move to a country, bring their extremely primitive beliefs with them, and then demand the country accommodate them instead of the other way around.

edit -- not to insinuate your attitudes are primitive, my dear.

Forum List

Back